The Student Room Group

feel like I'm losing my best friend

Me and my best friend are at different universities and it feels like we're drifting apart. I know it was guaranteed to happen, but I can't help but feel really upset about it as I've really struggled at uni and she hasn't. I'm always the one reaching out to her, and whilst I know I should branch out, my friends at uni are all commuters who's friend groups have remained in the area. I also struggle to make friends and it takes me a long time to build a bond with someone (I have tried everything at uni so please don't say 'join a society' or something).
I miss her. I don't want her to know that she's still my best friend to me because I know I am definitely not hers. Any advice?
Reply 1
i think you need to slowly accept that you drifted apart, and that happens in life. its alright if it takes longer for you than her because everyone values and is affected by relationships differently, and i get it because i have rlly bad attachment issue to people, and even if they're so toxic i still dont want them to go (unfortunately). maybe give yourself some time, and take care of yourself before trying to make friends again. i hope this helps xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending