The Student Room Group

Dropping out of university?

I dropped out of a top ten UK uni because I didn't like the course and found the campus isolating. I also found it difficult to make friends.

Will I be looked down on for dropping out?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I dropped out of a top ten UK uni because I didn't like the course and found the campus isolating. I also found it difficult to make friends.
Will I be looked down on for dropping out?
Hello there,

Of course, I understand that dropping out of university can be a challenging and emotionally taxing experience, especially when it's coupled with feelings of isolation and difficulty in making friends. It takes courage to acknowledge when something isn't working for you and to take steps to change your circumstances, even if it means deviating from the path you initially planned.

Please know that your worth and potential aren't tied to the institution you attended or whether you completed a particular course. Your well-being and happiness should always be your top priorities. It's okay to prioritize your mental health and seek environments where you feel supported and fulfilled. What matters most is how you respond to adversity and use your experiences to shape your future path.

Take this time to reflect on what you've learned about yourself and your interests. Use this opportunity to explore different avenues, discover what will work for you, and drive your ambition. Surround yourself with supportive individuals.

Above all, be kind to yourself and trust in your abilities. Your journey may have taken an unexpected turn, but it's still uniquely yours, and countless opportunities await you to seize them. More strength to you! Feel free to reach out.

Cheers,
Shri (MSc International Business Student).
Looked down on by who?

You choose who to tell and anyone who turns their nose up isn't worth your time anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending