The Student Room Group

Experience with working hours on student visa

Hello! I have two questions I need help answering. I received my unconditional offer to study in my program with a foundation year for the upcoming term starting in September 2024. I’ve searched for clarification and can’t seem to find the exact question posed. In regards to my first year being a foundation course will I be limited to just 10 hours a week instead of the 20 for degree-level courses? I think I know the answer but need help to clarify. I’ve reached out to my uni a few times in the past month but I haven’t yet gotten a response. I know it’s quite a busy time for them. So I’m posting here in hopes of anyone with experience to help answer.
My second question is I saw there were sometimes exceptions to the working limitations where you can work more than the maximum. For example on research projects. My program will have a lot of research opportunities. I want to know if anyone has any experience with those guidelines and if they’ve had experience with that. I have money saved to attend school and other expenses but I’m doing this solo and what I’m getting at is working is a necessity to help mitigate what costs I can. Sorry for the long post and thank you for taking the time to read and respond!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending