The Student Room Group

therapeutic radiography Liverpool

I'm interested in the therapeutic radiography and oncology degree at uni of Liverpool.
does anyone know how many weeks of placement it is in each year and whereabouts the placements take place?
Also is the placement very hands on and do they expect you to know everything as I've heard that other placements for other health professions are very hard on students.
any help would be great. Thanks :smile:
Original post by potatosparkle
I'm interested in the therapeutic radiography and oncology degree at uni of Liverpool.
does anyone know how many weeks of placement it is in each year and whereabouts the placements take place?
Also is the placement very hands on and do they expect you to know everything as I've heard that other placements for other health professions are very hard on students.
any help would be great. Thanks :smile:

This year's timetable is as follows:

Year 1 - 7 weeks (2 weeks first term, 5 weeks second term)
Year 2 - 10 weeks (4 weeks first term, 6 weeks second term)
Year 3 - 17 weeks (3 weeks first term, 8 weeks second term, 6 weeks third term)

The majority of placements are in Liverpool, Manchester and Preston, with a couple of spots in Dundee and Middlesbrough. You stay at the same placement location for three years. And no, you're not hands on when you start. You will build your skills gradually.
Original post by normaw
This year's timetable is as follows:
Year 1 - 7 weeks (2 weeks first term, 5 weeks second term)
Year 2 - 10 weeks (4 weeks first term, 6 weeks second term)
Year 3 - 17 weeks (3 weeks first term, 8 weeks second term, 6 weeks third term)
The majority of placements are in Liverpool, Manchester and Preston, with a couple of spots in Dundee and Middlesbrough. You stay at the same placement location for three years. And no, you're not hands on when you start. You will build your skills gradually.

Does the placement take place over the summer holiday or just in ordinary term time ?
Original post by Nicole white
Does the placement take place over the summer holiday or just in ordinary term time ?

No placements in the summer hols. First and third years get a shorter Easter holiday because of placements.

Quick Reply

Latest