The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
You have to take these "tables" with a pinch of salt. Do not base your entire university decision on them. Exeter is a good uni, with a good reputation. I think the tables should play a certain role (i probably wouldnt have looked at bath if it hadnt been 2nd in the tables for maths, but i went looked around did my research and love the look of it and cant wait to go!...hopefully....).

I personally think that the offers they give people are a better indicator of how good a uni it is
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I agree. I have already accepted my offer from Exeter, the league tables played little role in my selection of universities. I chose it over Warwick and Bristol despite their higher rankings. I just wondered, having not studied the tables, what it is that is letting Exeter down?
Reply 3
I'm sure if there was a simple answer to that all universities would be as amazing as each other!
The tables are made up of lots of different things like library size...and numbers of computers per student...but lots of these things are irrelevent. Why does it matter if the library doesnt have 100000000 books, as long as it has the 20 to get you through your degree surly thats all that matters!

love Katy***
Taldarion
You have to take these "tables" with a pinch of salt. Do not base your entire university decision on them. Exeter is a good uni, with a good reputation. I think the tables should play a certain role (i probably wouldnt have looked at bath if it hadnt been 2nd in the tables for maths, but i went looked around did my research and love the look of it and cant wait to go!...hopefully....).

I personally think that the offers they give people are a better indicator of how good a uni it is

Hmm not so sure. Southampton's standard law offer is AAA, while Bristol's is AAB... it's not tough to tell which has the better law school :smile:
ickle_katy
The tables are made up of lots of different things like library size...and numbers of computers per student...but lots of these things are irrelevent. Why does it matter if the library doesnt have 100000000 books, as long as it has the 20 to get you through your degree surly thats all that matters!

love Katy***

Well, actually, the things you've mentioned Exeter has a very respectable number of. We have over a million books and periodicals (there are 4 main libraries: main library, the law library, St Luke's campus library and the old library - which has a film museum attached) and excellent IT provision, with several 24 hour rooms.
Evil Muffin
Well, actually, the things you've mentioned Exeter has a very respectable number of. We have over a million books and periodicals (there are 4 main libraries: main library, the law library, St Luke's campus library and the old library - which has a film museum attached) and excellent IT provision, with several 24 hour rooms.

yeah, but compared to cambridge, where they have a library/it room in each college/department/street probably!

i was in no way saying exeter is crap.....just that we dont really store much crap, which gets you higer in the league tables for no good reason!

i think you should all come to exeter, its wonderful!

love Katy***
ickle_katy
yeah, but compared to cambridge, where they have a library/it room in each college/department/street probably!

i was in no way saying exeter is crap.....just that we dont really store much crap, which gets you higer in the league tables for no good reason!

i think you should all come to exeter, its wonderful!

love Katy***

We'll see about that tomorrow, Katy :smile: I really hope it is!! Then I can stop worrying about what my remaining unis say :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending