The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think your unreasonable but I think your homophobic.
Reply 61
JC.
OP, YOU have the final say as to who you wish to live with.
If you don't want to live with a person for whatever reason then you have the right to say so.

I don't think I'd want to live with a gay bloke either. Whilst people have the right to do what they like and live how they choose. I wouldn't want their proclivities thrust in my face when I'm chilling out in the privacy of my own home.

How would it be "thrust in your face?" I'm sure he goes about his business in the same way that everybody else does. Just because he is gay doesn't mean he'll be bumming his boyfriend over the table while you eat your pot noodle. Nor will he be staging a FAME singalong whilst you're trying to watch Eastenders.

Also it would be as much the home of the gay bloke as it would the other one.

If everybody would just be accepting and stop discriminating then the world would be a much better place :smile:
Reply 62
Darkness and Mist
Yes, he admitted to fancying me, but it is widely known that he fancies anything that moves and is quite happy to try it on with guys when their girlfriends are with them :p: he gives gays a bad name.

OP should follow your advice. :yes:

What a letch!! Hate gay men like that (give the decent ones like me a bad name). Vile!

And thanks. :smile:
Reply 63
Nick_000
How would it be "thrust in your face?"

Try it and see.
Reply 64
No, I would not.
Reply 65
coaches often say treat the gay as a friend
Reply 66
Where is 4g_dollars? :frown:

I always value his opinion on these matters
Reply 67
zakiman
hmmm... :p:

Haha I know its hard to believe but he is!
Reply 68
JC.
Try it and see.

I'm gay. Hows that for trying it?

I'm certainly no different to anybody else. I'm polite, friendly, helpful and everything else that goes towards making a nice human being.

I've lived with my boyfriend and 4 other people. I certainly didn't "thrust it in their face". I'm not sure I'd know how :s-smilie:

My straight friend on the other hand... Lets just say he was very vocal in bed. If he was having sex you knew about it. Would you class that as thrusting their sexuality in somebodys face or is it different due to the fact hetrosexuality isn't discriminated against?
Reply 69
People who dislike gay people because they're gay are dickheads :]
Reply 70
He will not blatenly have sex right in front of you, that is private for his room! What if he doesn't meet anyone in the next year :rolleyes: If you are worried he is going to try it on with you decline politely, if you difn't really like his personality then sexuality should not come into it.
Reply 71
Nick_000
I'm gay. Hows that for trying it?

I'm certainly no different to anybody else. I'm polite, friendly, helpful and everything else that goes towards making a nice human being.

I've lived with my boyfriend and 4 other people. I certainly didn't "thrust it in their face". I'm not sure I'd know how :s-smilie:

My straight friend on the other hand... Lets just say he was very vocal in bed. If he was having sex you knew about it. Would you class that as thrusting their sexuality in somebodys face or is it different due to the fact hetrosexuality isn't discriminated against?

I've lived in a house with a gay bloke and it wasn't a pleasant experiance at all.
Particularly when woken up by two inconsiderate sods bumming one another in the room above.

In any case, the OP has a right to decide who he or she lives with. The reason behind that choice is irrelevent.
Faggots? In MY house?
Reply 73
Cowtipper
Faggots? In MY house?

I like Mr Brains, lol.
it is unreasonble because your across as one of those guys that things any gay guy fancys them just because there gay. not every girl fancys you so why would a guy. i know lots of straight men with good gay mates and it makes no difference. your ignorant, howd you think he'll feel
Reply 75
JC.
I've lived in a house with a gay bloke and it wasn't a pleasant experiance at all.
Particularly when woken up by two inconsiderate sods bumming one another in the room above.

In any case, the OP has a right to decide who he or she lives with. The reason behind that choice is irrelevent.

Surely you were annoyed at the fact you were woken up by two people having sex? The sexual orientation of the couple should have had nothing to do with it. Would you have been less annoyed if you heard two inconsiderate sods doing the doggy position?

Likewise, the fact you didn't enjoy living with the gay man has nothing to do with him being a homosexual and has everything to do with the fact you probably disliked his character. Gay people vary from person to person as do straight.

I do agree that the OP has the right to decide with who he/she lives with. The reason behind that choice isn't irrelevant though. This thread could just as easily be about not wanting to live with someone because they are Black or Muslim.

Discrimination is never acceptable, be it on the grounds or race, sex, age, religion or in this case sexual orientation.
Reply 76
Thanks for all the replies. I'm surprised by the amount of people who think i'm being unreasonable. I don't think i'm homophobic, but when they're really camp like this guy they piss me off and I think alot of people would be uncomfortable with the idea of two gay blokes having sex in the same house as you. I'll have a talk with my possible housemates and see what happens.
JC.

What you meant to say was you lived with an inconsiderate person, and it wasn't a pleasant experience.

Straight people have loud sex too you know!
Reply 78
Revd. Mike

Straight people have loud sex too you know!

Breeders have sex! :eek: Gross. :p:
Reply 79
It'd be great! He'd be my Will from Will and Grace and he could pick me out clothes and we could be bitchy together :p:
But seriously if he's annoying that's not do do with his sexuality (unless he's overly-camp). If he's annoying then don't.

Latest

Trending

Trending