The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
holidays start next week (mine do anywayz) friday 18th.

you need a visa!!!!! unless you've got a U.S passport!
Reply 2
chats
holidays start next week (mine do anywayz) friday 18th.

you need a visa!!!!! unless you've got a U.S passport!

are you sure i need a Visa. Can anyone verify this.

damn ill have to celebrate my birthday in foreign country all alone.

can someone verify when the holidays start?
Reply 3
mines start on the 1st :s-smilie: I think anyway lol I've not been to skool in a month thought :P lol
Reply 4
just found out it is on the 18th.

People with new passports dont need visa i think. does anyone know?
mine start not next thursday but the thursday after :biggrin: woo
thank god for teacher training days :biggrin:
Reply 6
if you are going for less than a certain length of time (a month i think) and as a visitor you dont need a visitor. check the rules on the US embassy website www.usembassy.org.uk/
Mine start on the 11th April, we just get a couple of days off for Easter.
Reply 8
Mine starts on March 25th and ends on April 8th.
Reply 9
trev
Mine starts on March 25th and ends on April 8th.

That's stupidly short :eek:
Reply 10
finish on March 17th, go back on April 12th :smile:
Reply 11
mine are march 23rd to april 4th. :frown:
Mine start on the 24th March..but got a two day week next week which is cool :wink: I think that you only need a Visa if your staying for over a certain period of time, but I would clarify this.
Reply 13
Most people should have 2 weeks off (1 week for easter and 1 week for half term).
Reply 14
trev
Most people should have 2 weeks off (1 week for easter and 1 week for half term).

i hate not being most people :frown:
My holidays are messed up this year; they've changed it so that we still get 2 weeks off, but not actually at Easter :confused: We get Good Friday and Easter Monday off because they're Bank Holidays, but we don't actually have our 2-week holiday until the 11th-22nd April.
Reply 16
Lots of people have holidays all over the place. I think they should standardised the half term and public holidays, so we have them at the same time.
trev
Lots of people have holidays all over the place. I think they should standardised the half term and public holidays, so we have them at the same time.

That would make much more sense!
Reply 18
kellywood_5
That would make much more sense!

The public holidays (i.e. easter) is the same, but the half terms are different. In the first place, how come different places have different half term dates?
Reply 19
trev
The public holidays (i.e. easter) is the same, but the half terms are different. In the first place, how come different places have different half term dates?

Different authorities run under different schemes.
I know that the Bristol and Plymouth areas are often a week out of each other. Recently some places changed to a 6 term year as well which would change things. Not sure if everywhere took the same system on or not.
I think sixth forms attached to schools and individual sixth form schools/colleges would differ as well.

Latest

Trending

Trending