The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Iluvatar
:rolleyes: ... the point is, is that i don't have to see someone to know what they are like, and what i feel... I fell in love with trigger before i saw her, because i could feel in my heart the sort of person she was...

Its something that some people simply can't grasp because they are too shallow...

Lol aww sweet.

I think I know what you mean - before I was friends with my ex, I cared so much for him. I came so close to loving him before we even met. As far as such a short amount of time allowed, I really did love him.

Aww you shouldn't call people shallow just cus they don't understand - none of my friends can understand how I could fancy someone before ever meeting them. And nobody understands why I had to break up with him etc and just assumes I didn't love him anymore, and nobody realises that our relationship was such a precious and important thing to me - that he was so important to me - simply cus the relationship was short. It wasn't short out of choice. But nobody gets it.

People think a serious relationship can ONLY be ones that are long - while time is a good indicator of a serious relationship, it isn't what it is measured by. What makes it serious isn't how long you stay together it's what you give into the relationship - but again, none of my friends get it. They're all my age I don't see why they don't get it.
Reply 81
magiccarpet
initially the thing that draws you to someone is their appearance.blond ponytail is part of the appearance

This is EXACTLY what I said earlier that it's the hairdo that grabs my attention to start-off with followed by face, etc. MAY BE you should spend couple of minutes to check every single posts within this forum to check that it was NEVER me who mentioned that it’s personality that grabs my attention & NOT the appearance. Perhaps, you should consider to STOP blaming me for others’ action. :redface:

magiccarpet
in my example of girl A,B,C i was saying the way they dress, wear makeup, and to an extent, their looks does convey aspects of the way they want to express themselves.i am not saying a relationship is based entirely on looks. im saying we all whave subconscious prejudices based on appearancethat affect us when we first meet someone. even when we meet someone, sexually or not, and we start to talk to them, we form our judgements 55% from the way they look, 30% on the way they say it ie body language 10%on how they say it, and only 5% from what they say.

Within your examples of these girls A, B & C, you came to the conclusion about their personality merely for the outer outfits they were wearing, which seem not quite sensible (of course, for the sensible individuals, however, you are an exception, as you can imagine). :biggrin:

By the way, according to the recent survey, it’s NOT what you say, but how you say i.e. your body language matters MOST than your words. Don’t you see Politicians (or is it Simpson all day long :wink: where the confident way they say things & deliver their speech makes people believe them REGARDLESS of whatever lie they are delivering. So that sadly contradicts your point, I fear. :p:

magiccarpet
yes i agree, you should not shame our education system further. please re-read this last sentence, before telling me about how to teach spelling and grammar.

Well, I re-read what I said again & again, but wonder why; I couldn’t still come across with anything wrong in it. With yourself hoping to become a lawyer on one hand & having rather dismal spelling & grammar mistakes on the other hand, I can only hope that you don’t end-up making a complete exhibition of yourself with such BASIC flaws within your communication, as your communication would be an object of derision for others around, I fear. :biggrin:

Cor Blimey woman, you are hoping to be a LAWYER & not some stone-mason (where such flaws within your communication MAY BE ignored). :rolleyes:

I don’t mean to patronise you for your rather poor spelling & grammar but then again, you couldn’t stop blowing your own trumpet of being a lawyer & hence argument is what that tickles your fancy.
Reply 82
Looks are the first thing you're attracted to, because they're the first thing you see. I can't imagine any guy looking at a girl and thinking 'Damn, she's ugly!' and then falling in love with her.

It's shallow, but human beings are shallow creatures. Every single one of us is guilty of it, because nobody should be with someone they're not attracted to.

For me there isn't one particular thing that makes a girl attractive, it's just a general look. It's also a personal thing, I don't see any attraction in girls that most guys seem to fancy, and I think girls are beautiful, that other guys don't.

Although I obviously find some features more attractive than others. I have a thing about blondes and long hair. It won't come as a huge surprise that prefer attractive faces :p: I'm attracted to "normal" shaped women, I don't know what fool decided twig was the best look, but they're wrong.

Huge boobs are another thing I don't get. They look stupid, and stupid is not an attractive look. Just nicely in proportion to the rest of you will do fine, thank you. Flat tummies and firm bums are nice, but not essential. Leg length doesn't bother me at all, my ex is a wopping 4'11" and I wouldn't have loved her any more if she'd been taller.
Reply 83
There's some right pretentious little pricks on here isn't there? I mean if the basis of your arguements are simply pointing out errors in their use of the English language...

(Cue some overlly pedantic point by Mr. Bond...)
DayTripper
There's some right pretentious little pricks on here isn't there? I mean if the basis of your arguements are simply pointing out errors in their use of the English language...

or some 'prick' like myself being overly annoying.
Reply 85
DayTripper

There's some right showy numbskulls on here isn't there? I mean, pointing out errors in use of English language is NOT the "basis" of my arguments, but if ou do bother checking every single post within this forum (before jumpting into conclusion), you may realise bit of banter resulted in making a mountain out of a molehill. :biggrin:

NOTE: I hate to mortify people for their communication, after all, being a HUMAN I'm not Mr. Perfect myself, you see :rolleyes:
Reply 86
ChemistBoy
One man's jordan is another man's anne widdecombe so to speak.

Hahahaha :biggrin: that's a good one mate. :smile: (just as one man's pharmacist could be another man's chemist, if you catch my drift) :rolleyes:
Reply 87
you may realise bit of banter resulted in making a mountain out of a molehill.

I was gonna mention something about that in my post, in fact i think that's what my post was going to be about originally...how a light-hearted poll turned into a bit of a vicious arguement :biggrin:, dunno how my post ended up how it did, sorry, it was an unjust and unfair attack, and I admit I dont think I read half the posts!! :biggrin:
Wasn't in a good mood last night aswell, lol, been out but had to come home early because of an imbicile (dunno if thats spelt right???) of a best friend of mine drank too much too quick...idiot, and I thought I'd lost a twenty! (found it in my pocket this morning lol) So, sorry I took it out on you lol!....No hard feelings?
When you first meet new people, their initial impression of you will be based 55% on your appearance and body-language, 38% on your style of speaking and only 7% on what you actually say.

taken from

http://www.sirc.org/publik/flirt.html
j4mes_bond25

Within your examples of these girls A, B & C, you came to the conclusion about their personality merely for the outer outfits they were wearing, which seem not quite sensible (of course, for the sensible individuals, however, you are an exception, as you can imagine). :biggrin:

the clothes and makeup they choose to wear are reflective of the way they choose to express themselves to others, and therefore reveals their personality. clearly you do not have the ability to regognise this which is probably the reason you are terminally single.

By the way, according to the recent survey, it’s NOT what you say, but how you say i.e. your body language matters MOST than your words. Don’t you see Politicians (or is it Simpson all day long :wink: where the confident way they say things & deliver their speech makes people believe them REGARDLESS of whatever lie they are delivering. So that sadly contradicts your point, I fear. :p:

fear all you like young boy. please read the quote in my last post and learn from it. perhaps you'd like to believe people will judge you on your excellent body language because initial attraction based on looks might not be in your favour. *places bag over his head*

well, I re-read what I said again & again, but wonder why; I couldn’t still come across with anything wrong in it. With yourself hoping to become a lawyer on one hand & having rather dismal spelling & grammar mistakes on the other hand, I can only hope that you don’t end-up making a complete exhibition of yourself with such BASIC flaws within your communication, as your communication would be an object of derision for others around, I fear. :biggrin:

doing alot of fearing tonight are we bond?
if you fail to recognise the basic mistakes of grammar in your writing, please do not embarrass yourself further by commenting on it.

derision?did you look that up in your mama's bedside dictionary?

Cor Blimey woman, you are hoping to be a LAWYER & not some stone-mason (where such flaws within your communication MAY BE ignored). :rolleyes:

I don’t mean to patronise you for your rather poor spelling & grammar but then again, you couldn’t stop blowing your own trumpet of being a lawyer & hence argument is what that tickles your fancy.
Reply 90
DayTripper
I was gonna mention something about that in my post, in fact i think that's what my post was going to be about originally...how a light-hearted poll turned into a bit of a vicious arguement :biggrin:, dunno how my post ended up how it did, sorry, it was an unjust and unfair attack, and I admit I dont think I read half the posts!! :biggrin:
Wasn't in a good mood last night aswell, lol, been out but had to come home early because of an imbicile (dunno if thats spelt right???) of a best friend of mine drank too much too quick...idiot, and I thought I'd lost a twenty! (found it in my pocket this morning lol) So, sorry I took it out on you lol!....No hard feelings?

Oh c'mon mate, don't bother apologising. Just cos you are HUMAN (who are allowed to make mistakes :wink:, I'll leave it at that.

"Imbicile" ??? Nevermind about spelling, as I'm NOT one of the Cognoscenti of English myself :wink:

All's well that ends well (as Shakespeare once said :wink:
Reply 91
magiccarpet
the clothes and makeup they choose to wear are reflective of the way they choose to express themselves to others, and therefore reveals their personality. clearly you do not have the ability to regognise this which is probably the reason you are terminally single.

Oh is that the case :rolleyes: Now, how would we know what's the logic behind your pea-sized brain UNLESS of course, you actually bothered clarifying first :p:

Since when NOT getting your "home-made" example is seen as a sign of being a "terminally single" :rolleyes:

By the way, before you try to act smarter than you are, MAY BE you should consider using CORRECT adjectives (if you know what that ACTUALLY is, of course :wink: as "terminally" isn't quite how any sane person would define "single" status :p: ............ WRONG ADJECTIVE, I fear :biggrin:

magiccarpet
fear all you like young boy. please read the quote in my last post and learn from it. perhaps you'd like to believe people will judge you on your excellent body language because initial attraction based on looks might not be in your favour. *places bag over his head*

Grow up & stop acting like a primary school kid now, would you ??? Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that BBC's poll was a complete hogwash ??? There are millions around who doesn't quite fancy having ill-judgement as of yours of judging people firstly from merely their face. Initial attraction COULD be from more than just of "facial beauty".

Attraction is a QUALITY within an individual & NOT the faux make-up that makes women like yourself showing-off their fake beauty. :rolleyes:

magiccarpet
if you fail to recognise the basic mistakes of grammar in your writing, please do not embarrass yourself further by commenting on it.

If you FAIL to point out my basic mistakes (which I doubted if you've found, as yet) please do not embarrass yourself further by continuing to waste my rather valuable time, which can be utilised well elsewhere :biggrin:

magiccarpet
derision?did you look that up in your mama's bedside dictionary?

Seems like your rather poor vocabulary has kept you aloof from the existance of the word "derision" within English language. Now, I wonder whether it's your grammar, spellings OR vocabulary that's in an absolute dismal state. I reckon, ALL 3 of them, wouldn't you agree ??? :biggrin:

Thought would-be lawyers are meant to be good at WORDS, but I'm disappointed knowing that it seems NOT quite the case with you :frown:

Cor Blimey woman, you are hoping to be a LAWYER & not some stone-mason (where such flaws within your communication MAY BE ignored)

MAY BE, you should try making a use of "Preview Post" button & proof read your reply before submitting. You've simply got my own reply within yours WITHOUT having it within the "quotes" & more importantly WITHOUT commenting on it further (may be, you agree with it, I take it :wink:

Oh well, as a WISE man once said .............. "Few women have their brain in their knees" & I'm glad I've witnessed one while having YOU around :biggrin:
bond, let us get straight to the point.what is your attitude problem about?

are you arguing as a means for releasing your sexual frustration of being terminally single (ie Causing, ending in, or approaching death; fatal: terminal cancer; a terminal patient.)?

this thread is about physical attractiveness, a point which we both agree is important. so what are you arguing for?
So guys would you go out with a girl with an ugly face, but has a good body and personality? And if you do, would you not look at her face as often.
i dont think any guy would see a girl, think 'wooah she is so ugly looks like a dog' and was actually physically repulsed by her, then turn around and go out with her
magiccarpet
i dont think any guy would see a girl, think 'wooah she is so ugly looks like a dog' and was actually physically repulsed by her, then turn around and go out with her

Oh, ok.
well, if you think about it, you probably wouldnt fall in love with someone who was so strikingly ugly you felt sick just by looking at them?
Reply 97
magiccarpet
bond, let us get straight to the point.what is your attitude problem about?

are you arguing as a means for releasing your sexual frustration of being terminally single (ie Causing, ending in, or approaching death; fatal: terminal cancer; a terminal patient.)?

this thread is about physical attractiveness, a point which we both agree is important. so what are you arguing for?

Carpet, let me force a point straight into your tiny little brain that "attitude problem" seems HIGHLY LIKELY in your case, I'm afraid :biggrin:

Are you arguing MERELY to prove your talent as a successful lawyer, well, in that case you need to work a LOT harder & have a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way to go :rolleyes:

Let me REPEAT the same thing I mentioned earlier (however, your eyes seems to have missed it, MAY BE cos your glasses weren't around to have a clear view of my reply :wink: ............ I NEVER mentioned that "facial beauty" does NOT matter, have I ??? Wonder where did you pick & stuck to the assumption of yours that I DO NOT bother at all about the "facial beauty" :rolleyes:

All I mentioned earlier is that what GRABS MY ATTENTION (notice the word "attention" & NOT "attraction", which you seems to have "assumed") is the "blonde ponytailed hairdo" & THEN comes face, but you seems to be blowing your own trumpet trying to prove what YOU said is what matters most. Now, if you DO NOT have any dictionary at home then go back to your teacher who taught you GCSE English & ask him/her & get yourself known that there IS a difference between "attention" & "attraction". :p:

This thread is about others OPINION (and hence the existence of "poll") about what grabs their attention. Now, rather than showing respect for others opinion, you ARGUED back proving others wrong & FORCING others to believe your farcical concept of "facial beauty" that actually grabs the attention. MAY BE, that's your opinion for which you should merely vote & zip your lips & make a move OUT of this thread but NO.............. you stayed here trying UNSUCCESSFULLY to rope others in believing what you believe.

Listen, I hope you realise that this is DEMOCRACY where others opinion DOES matter & NOT some bloody TYRANNY where we HAVE to agree with you.
Reply 98

Before you mentioned your figures, I hope you did bother to check the "title" of the this document ???

It's to do with FLIRTING & nothing to do with VERY FIRST THING THAT GRABS YOUR ATTENTION (something that this Thread is all about :p: ), is it ??? :rolleyes:
Reply 99
BlueAngel
So guys would you go out with a girl with an ugly face, but has a good body and personality? And if you do, would you not look at her face as often.

Well Miss/Mrs/Ms Angel, seems like you are LITTLE CONFUSED :confused: (just as magiccarpet) about the whole concept of this Thread.

Facial beauty DOES matter (no one is denying it) but for some it matters LESS than other things (even if it's just an INITIAL FIRST TIME contact) !!!

Latest

Trending

Trending