The Student Room Group

friends dont often bother inviting me out

my friends seem to go out and only ask me sometimes if i wanna come. like they ask me when their clubbing some of the time but it sorta depends who's going ,like if quite a few people are, they tend not to bother. well like the girl who usualy asks me, if her friend from uni is home then she doesnt bother asking me. its like im there to keep the numbers up, and only 1, occasionally 2 of them ask me at all, the one i feel closest too in the group never asks me!

i have invited myself once, and i had to get my own transport to go there which was abit annoying, sure their fine me coming, they just cba inviting me or gving me a lift.

they went to a party last week and i really wanted to go but got no invite :frown:

does this happen to anyone else?
Reply 1
I would be pretty miffed if that happened to me, if they are close friends then i would just ask why you arnt being invited out! but you have to ask yourself how close they think they are to you.
I get this sometimes. But I found that people were fine with me going, they just never ask as quite often I have to decline (I'm either busy, or can't get into town as I live a little bit away from everyone else)
It's not necessarily that they don't want you to go, it might just be that they are worried you'll say no?
Reply 3
well i only say no some of the time, most of the time i say yes. i would understand why they didnt invite me if i always made excuses but i dont! i like clubbin but id be more excited to go to a party but i dont get invited. and then i only get invited to go clubbin if only a few are going
I have this problem as well but the reason I suspect it's for is different for me. (I haven't being out in absolutely ages so people think I won't be interested/will get in the way)
Reply 5
I think you should bring it up with them, its not nice to be left out of stuff.. If they act like nothing's happening but you've clearly noticed it, then maybe you should find other people to go out with.

You don't have to ditch them totally if you like them, but finding others to hang out with will make you feel a whoooole lot more appreciated :smile:
what i feel is; i think you should confront them about this, tell them how you feel, if they laugh, are immature and dont respect what you say, forget them. move on, i know its easy to say, but make new friends, because real friends wont do that. It also is helpful to not have too many friends as the stability of the friendship circle is not strong, have 2- 3 who will always be there for you not matter what.

Latest

Trending

Trending