The Student Room Group
Very hard to put that much muscle on - especially as a woman. Maintaining it would also be very difficult. Eyesight - not in a position to comment - but I'd ask whether you have had an eye test recently, or do you think you have good eyesight?

Overall - don't ask here - ask at a Careers Office.
Reply 2
Is that the requirements for a specific career? or for all RAF jobs?

I've heard of a few regiment people that need glasses so I assume that eyesight doesnt need to be perfect for some of the roles?
Reply 3
How much is 5 foot 1? (Yes, I AM small for a 15 year old :frown: )
Reply 4
you might grow yet, I'd give it time. Also you never know what could happen to the eyesight requirements.

Just don't get too set on it in case the above 2 things don't change. Good luck
Reply 5
ct2k7
How much is 5 foot 1? (Yes, I AM small for a 15 year old :frown: )

152.5 cm.

There are thirty centimetres in a foot, and two and a half centimetres in an inch.
Reply 6
ghosts
The requirements:
height, 157cm+
weight, 8.5st +
eyesight, no long short sightedness virtually no astigmatism

i am female, 157cm, 7.5 st, and have VERY mild astigmatism
i <b>really</b> want to be a raf pilot
is it impossible?
will i be able to put on that much weight as muscle?
will my eyesight be ok? can i get it corrected?

How old are you? If you are younger you could still grow yet, and weighing 8.5st at that height isn't too difficult. If you are quite skinny already it could well be possible.

The problem may be your astigmatism, Try this link its a bit old but still fairly accurate I believe. As long as it is within the boundaries (astigmatism is represented by the 'cyl' section I believe, you'll need an opticians report to know this) then it'll be fine. If not unfortunately you won't be able to become a pilot, and any surgery is a bar for entry into aircrew proffessions, sorry :hug: (I have the same problem with shortsightedness).
OP, I think you'll be too small for a pilot right now. You need to be around 5'6" to pass all the functional reach tests.

Latest