The Student Room Group

19 and still a virgin

i know there are loads of posts like this, but basically i am 19 and im still a virgin. its not that i dont want to have sex but its that the opportunity has never risen and im not one of those girls thats into just losing my virginity to anyone. ive kissed a few boys but the last one was more than a year ago and he kind of put me off lol i havent done anything else with anyone and im scared that ill be seen as really weird, because most people who post on here say theyre virgins but theyve done stuff whereas i havent done anything. i just feel as if im not normal :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're normal. I'm 19 too and not even kissed a guy. No big deal.
there's a thread for this I think. Just deal with it, I'm 20 and never kissed anyone, there are loads of people who are even older. If life doesnt work out that way it doesnt. It's not the be all and end all. Yes I know it'll probably make you more nervous the older you become because you'll probably lose confidence in your abilities, but its a bit of a cycle. The only advice is to try and not let it bother you.
Reply 3
Do not worry, you can make up for it later, te-hee! It is not the be all and end all, and it is quality rather than quantity that matters. So waiting for the right person is admirable :smile:
There are dozens of threads exactly the same as this. Most of my friends are just a year younger than you, and many of them haven't done anything either. It's no issue at all.
21 and still a virgin here. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Plus a lot of people tend to tell a few porkies on TSR to make up for their lack of life...lol.
village_gossip
there's a thread for this I think. Just deal with it, I'm 20 and never kissed anyone, there are loads of people who are even older. If life doesnt work out that way it doesnt. It's not the be all and end all. Yes I know it'll probably make you more nervous the older you become because you'll probably lose confidence in your abilities, but its a bit of a cycle. The only advice is to try and not let it bother you.

THIS is such unbelievably good advice.
I haven't either; there are lots of people out there you just need to focus on being friendly so that if people are attracted to you they feel they can tell you about it. x
Walkin'Butterfly
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Youre A Virgin Omg Reaaaallly Wow !!111111111111111

Youre Such A Majorrr Loser!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey no need for that
I'm 19 and a virgin. I don't care about it at all. The opportunity has arisen a number of times but I've chosen not to take it, and wait for something meaningful. When you lose your virginity, you'll notice that 95% of the people who really care about it that much are all virgins anyway. You'll realise how overrated it is. It's not a big deal.
I expect that I will be next year, and I still haven't been kissed.

Honestly, this is nothing to be anonymous about!
No big deal :smile:
Reply 10
REALLY doesn't matter. I lost my virginity at 20 and not long before then there hadn't been any action on the horizon (because I just didn't want to!). I'd done a little before then with people but I'd only been the proactive one (if you know what I mean) a few times, from the age of 19, and even doing that still terrified me, so I didn't feel all confident and experienced or anything. You'll be fine, just try to relax, or once you've done it you'll regret all that wasted time worrying rather than the fact you left it until then! :smile:
Reply 11
I wouldn't worry about it. ALOT of people lie about when they lost their virginity, and most likely the people that brag about it, haven't even had sex. 19 isn't old, you've still got plenty years to worry about that. You don't wanna rush into it and regret it, it's a big thing to regret. Just let it happen when it happens :h:
I rather still have my virginity. I wasted that "special moment" on the completely wrong person.

Anywhoooo, I wouldn't worry. Trust me when I say that it really is better to wait and loose your virginity to the right person.
I have so much respect for you. Keep hold of you're virginity as long as you can, cause you won;t be able to get it back! I lost my virginity whilst i was at college, just because there was pressure to have sex, or at least i thought there was. It was with a guy i didn't really care about and certainly didn;t love, and we broke up a few months after. I'm now 21 and with someone who I've been with for 18 months, and if I could change things so that he was the one I lost my virginity to I really would!
im 19, kissed loads of randomers but never had a bf and a virgin.

tbh, kising strangers is kind of gross and i only do it cuz im drunk and maybe it boosts my confidence .

im shy so havent met alot of guy,s i could easily have had sex with someone from a club.

i dont hold my virgin for the perfect one or anything, sometimes i just want a one night stand to get it over with.

but i dont really care im a virgin that much
Reply 15
try 20.
QI Elf
You're normal. I'm 19 too and not even kissed a guy. No big deal.

Um, I certainly don't think it's the norm for a female to be 19 and not had sex yet.

OP needs to realise that there are far more important things in life to worry about, and that losing one's virginity is not a big thing, everything will be exactly the same after as before, no one will really care.

If it happens it happens, and if it doesn't (extremely unlikely) then that's a bit of a shame.
Reply 17
guys find girls who haven't done anything more attractive. the longer, the better! when you do eventually get to that stage, let the guy know.. most guys will be more gentle in that situation i reckon.
Sex is overrated anyway.
Yeah it's no big deal. It's cool to see that people are 19 and 20 like me (well Im 19) and haven't kissed anyone yet, it's reassuring knowing I'm not the only unkissed 19 year old. lol Nah I knew I couldn't be the only one, I just hadn't had any evidence for it yet (well maybe some of my friends but we dont talk about this stuff tbh).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending