The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
All parents evenings are embarrassing/depressing in one way or another :smile:
Reply 2
theone
All parents evenings are embarrassing/depressing in one way or another :smile:

lol, once i did extremely poorly in a class test. my dad asked if he cud look at the class list with all the names of the people in my class with their scores beside it. my dad was going down the list saying "he beat u, she beat u, she beat u, he beat u..." lol

then.."ahh..u beat him.." (the guy was in special needs).

yes i did v.poorly in that test.
Reply 3
ShOcKzZ
lol, once i did extremely poorly in a class test. my dad asked if he cud look at the class list with all the names of the people in my class with their scores beside it. my dad was going down the list saying "he beat u, she beat u, she beat u, he beat u..." lol

then.."ahh..u beat him.." (the guy was in special needs).

yes i did v.poorly in that test.

thats got to be embarrsing but funny to every one else lol
Reply 4
hotnanoo
thats got to be embarrsing but funny to every one else lol

it was very embarrasing. and the hing is my dad speaks too loud and every1 cud hear him .
prolly the worst parents evening was wen my dad decided to turn up.. all the teachers were sayin how i was disruptive in class, and they threw in a few exagerations e.g how i suppposedly throw lip balms across class rooms ( that happened once and i wasnt really throwing it across the class room).. my dad just gave me those killer looks, ya no the ones taht say 'wait till we get in the car'. so much better wen my mum comes cos then i can bribe her into not tellin my dad all the -ves (altho she usually did tell while i was asleep). bt one of my friends' dads started yellin at her once,really loudly-the hole place cld hear him callin her 'stupid' etc... it was funny in this sick twisted sorta way
Reply 6
The funniest one i've been to is where the dad my mate (who is a really calm, quiet sort of person) turned up in a torn shirt and jeans and started telling the head how some of the marks were a lot of s*it, and he actually said that - hilarious :smile:
Reply 7
oh yeah..once they made an annoncement at mine

"can the owner of the silver porsche..reg number ShOcKzZ..move their car asap, its in the way and people cant get out"

btw, fictitious names and reg number have been used.
Reply 8
serendipity
Just returned from my last one!! Hurray!!

anyone have any good/bad/permanently and disfiguringly scarring memories of them?

they are fooking boring and reiterate what you already know
Reply 9
i am too embarassed for my mum to go to parents evening because she is iranian. i got to a predominantly white school, in a good area, so as you can imagine, all the parents who bother going are white. i am too emabarassed to go with my mum, coz i know that people in my school just like the other good schools, are snobs and will say things like, "look, that person hasnt got white skin...".
I mean, her english is perfectly fine and she aint weird/religious/whatever stereotype....but i have enough agro about where i am from enver mind bringing a parent to parents evening.
i mean, i find it funny now but not b4. people ask me, what nationality are you, in attempt to show me up as not being fucking english, and i say, "i am fucking IRANIAN. iranian blood. I-R-A-N-I-A-N." just to show that i aint embarassed anymore.screw them. AT LEAST I HAVE SKIN OF A PROPER COLOUR.
Reply 10
My Dad always feels the need to tell the teacher that I'm horrible when I'm not in school and I should have more homework. Why does he have to do that?! He shouts everywhere and he stares at everyone else. We still have parents evenings in sixth forms, I hate them.
Reply 11
guess_who
i am too embarassed for my mum to go to parents evening because she is iranian. i got to a predominantly white school, in a good area, so as you can imagine, all the parents who bother going are white. i am too emabarassed to go with my mum, coz i know that people in my school just like the other good schools, are snobs and will say things like, "look, that person hasnt got white skin...".
I mean, her english is perfectly fine and she aint weird/religious/whatever stereotype....but i have enough agro about where i am from enver mind bringing a parent to parents evening.
i mean, i find it funny now but not b4. people ask me, what nationality are you, in attempt to show me up as not being fucking english, and i say, "i am fucking IRANIAN. iranian blood. I-R-A-N-I-A-N." just to show that i aint embarassed anymore.screw them. AT LEAST I HAVE SKIN OF A PROPER COLOUR.

that sounds like a really shite situation. 2 right u shouldnt be embarrassed. too many assholes about
Reply 12
But I Would Just Like To Say, I Think These Wealthier, Better, More Reputable Comprehensives And Private Schools Are Fuckinggg Shit. Its All Snobbery, Whites Dominant, Ignorant George Bush Cock Sucking Retarded Ideology, And Bull.

I Prefer The Schools Were Alhough They May Be Shit, It Has People Of Other Backgrounds. At Elast Then, I Wouldnt Be Embarassed If My Mum Went To Parents Evening, And I Walked In The Next Day At School.

I Think These Upper-middle Class, English Snobs Who Dont Live In The Real Word Need To Know That There Are Nations Out There Who Are As Good If Better Than Tehy Are.
Reply 13
does it now compound the situation given you are presumably British (since you live in this country) and are making assumptions about people with white skin based on the unnecessary abuse you have received...I find the last comment you made to be racist
Reply 14
guess_who
But I Would Just Like To Say, I Think These Wealthier, Better, More Reputable Comprehensives And Private Schools Are Fuckinggg Shit. Its All Snobbery, Whites Dominant, Ignorant George Bush Cock Sucking Retarded Ideology, And Bull.

I Prefer The Schools Were Alhough They May Be Shit, It Has People Of Other Backgrounds. At Elast Then, I Wouldnt Be Embarassed If My Mum Went To Parents Evening, And I Walked In The Next Day At School.

I Think These Upper-middle Class, English Snobs Who Dont Live In The Real Word Need To Know That There Are Nations Out There Who Are As Good If Better Than Tehy Are.

why make that assumption, you are being as racist and presumptious as the ppl who give you hassle
Reply 15
guess_who

i doubt wheter its snobbish you just don't like it beacuse you are'nt there and benifiting from a better education in general
Reply 16
guess_who

if you are so hostile to this nation why not go to Iran and sample the Human right's abuses and lack of education there?
Reply 17
And Whats This, " What Nationality Are You". I Mean, In A Decent Comprehensive Where All The White Snobs From Upper-middle Class Backgrounds Go, They Dont Go Round Asking Eachother "what Country Are You From".

Tehy Should Visit A Crappy School In Teh City And See How Amny People From Different Backgrounds There Are.

And By The Way, Tehre Are Families Who Dont Have Pasty White Skin And Snob Voices Who Do Have A Decent Standard Of Living.

You Dont Ahve To Assume That Children Who Dont Have Pasty White Skin Are "blacks" From Rough Council Estates With Crap Grades And No Future Etc.
Reply 18
Just had my one as well today! Didn't bring my folks (I ain't ready to die!)Got predicted a line of As (bare pressure) but two of my six teachers told me to watch for complacency...

I remember in Year 10 this boy Donovan got a dutty slap from his mum, it was like a soap opera! My Maths teacher Mr Basi was talking to Donovan's mum saying he slacks a lot and doesn't do work, so Donovan and his mum was arguing, and it culminated in Donovan saying: "You're never home [she works], never there for me -" <SLAP!> Everyone turned around! Donovan ran out crying and Basi just said with a grin on his face: "Well..."

Brilliant day today overall.
Reply 19
Blamps
does it now compound the situation given you are presumably British (since you live in this country) and are making assumptions about people with white skin based on the unnecessary abuse you have received...I find the last comment you made to be racist

WAHT ASSUMPTIONS, ITS FUCKING TRUE. PEOPLE IN MY SNOBBY UPPER-MIDDLE CLASS HIGH SCHOOL HAVE WHITE SKIN AND AHVE THESE ATTITUDES. YOU KNOW WHAT I AM ONA BOUT, SO DONT TWIST THE WORDS.

AND BY THE WAY, WHY AM I BIRITSH ALL OF A SUDDEN? IF YOU SAW ME IN THE STREET YOU WOULD TREAT ME AS A FOREIGNER BECAUSE I AM NOT WHITE, ITS NOT THE FACT THAT I AM NOT WHITE, ITS THE FACT THAT PEOPLE TRY TO SHOW ME UP ABOUT IT THEN SUDDENYL ITS "YOU ARE ENGLISH".

Latest

Trending

Trending