The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey
Of coarse a size 16 can be sexy think about it you have bigger boobs!!!!! :woo:
I recon I'm a 16 and I have a gorgeous boyfriend! The world has become such a biast place! Think about it would you rather be a bit big and be a great friend or be skinny and be a serious cow?
I am working on loosing weight not for aguy but for me cos I want to feel better for myself!!!
Buy clothes that suit your shape trust me they are out there and the can look great!
I don't know where you are from but I am British live in Africa now but planning on going to university in Cardiff! xxx Stace:o: :biggrin: :wink:
Reply 141
hallix
no your not and OP, i'm going to go with the minority and say that you should loose some weight. blunt honesty.

....yeah, i am.
devski
i think being a 16 is fine. 60% of the UK are size 16 so its completely normal. as long as u wear clothes that flatter ur figure, u'll hav boys queuing up 2 u :biggrin:. i'm a size 24 nd if i woz slim, i wouldn't b me :smile:. u should only go out wiv a guy that likes u 4 who u r. hope this helps :smile:

you really need to lose weight, and not just because it makes you unattractive but for your healths sake,

oh and learn to type legibly

and not in pink

takeariskkiss
no it's not sexy. i'm 12 and i feel unsexy all the time. im desperately trying to loose weight..

you are healthy wieght and an attractive one, you dont need to lose wieght unless your short (with knowing your hieght or seeing a pic)
Reply 143
truthandtragedy
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/article691820.ece

I think the sizes may be in American, but I still believe that she looks a million times better now than in the 6stone photo.
You can definitely be curvy and still sexy.

Nope..those are UK sizes...just this woman is 5ft 9in...the weight spreads and she looks in proportion. And pretty :biggrin:
Reply 144
aybaybay
....yeah, i am.

try again, there is no size 3, unless you made a funny joke about feet size
Reply 145
Anonymous
I'm going out with a size 18 and she's hot imo. Curves :coma:

anon gives the image that you are not proud of having a size 18 girlfriend, so although this post was meant well, it makes it seem that you are ashamed of her size.
Reply 146
there is size 3 in the us :smile:
I go from a size 12-16 in clothes... but then again I'm just over 5ft9.
Tbh from your pics you don't look that big.
There are loads of guys out there that would have you... any of my exs for example :tongue:
Reply 148
Shining*Armour
This is not the right attitude. If you do want to lose weight, then do it for YOURSELF. Don't do it for other people. Losing weight is a great way to get healthier and even add years to your life expectancy.

Normally I would say, if you are happy and fine with the way you look and feel, thats great. But from this you obviously aren't so, get to it! Walk more, just do more general activity if you don't want to join a gym, eat healthier - more veg on your plate, less fried food. There are ways where you can still eat lots but still be healthy, just take the motivation you obviously have inside you and 'grab the bull by the horns' so to speak.

The main thing is, to do it for yourself because YOU want to. Nothing is stopping you but yourself, so take charge of how you think and feel on this issue and do what you WANT to do.

There is always someone, scrap that, more than one person out there for everyone so if you don't want to lose the weight etc then you don't have to. But to me it seems like that is how you would be happier. So, are you going to do it? Do you want to change your life? Don't listen to people like Adonis who wouldnt know a good thing if it hit them over the face but do it for yourself and don't take mind what anyone else says.

I hope i have helped in any way, shape or form.

Good luck x

PM me if you need moral support etc, i'm a good listener.

Thanks, and yes, you have been a help, as have many people on here with support/criticism, i just need to get on and do it now, (after my exams, in 4 weeks) and i've got the support of my family too, so it's up to me now, thanks for the guidance :smile: x
silverbolt
you really need to lose weight, and not just because it makes you unattractive but for your healths sake,

oh and learn to type legibly

and not in pink

you are healthy wieght and an attractive one, you dont need to lose wieght unless your short (with knowing your hieght or seeing a pic)

i'm 5.8 and i weigh nearly 10 stone!!
Reply 150
aybaybay
there is size 3 in the us :smile:

my mistake but still it looked like you were just trying to show off as it really doesn't help the OP that you are a size three, which if you read around the forum is skinny enough to be unattractive so its not even that great tbh. sorry :s-smilie:

In the uk you'd be a size 4/6 ishh then
takeariskkiss

that's not much at all and far from unattractive in the slightest in fact id hazard a guess and say you have a very nice figure
I think you're pretty and look fine BUT I think if you could get down to 10 and a half stone, you'd look amazing. Not a stick, maybe just try to lose a stone, a stone and a half. You're definitely not unsexy but I think you might look and feel way better even if you just lose a stone.
takeariskkiss

That's a good weight!
Reply 154
Brouhaha
I think you're pretty and look fine BUT I think if you could get down to 10 and a half stone, you'd look amazing. Not a stick, maybe just try to lose a stone, a stone and a half. You're definitely not unsexy but I think you might look and feel way better even if you just lose a stone.

Thanks, i think 10 and half would be about right too. My BMI's 29.6 at the moment, which is verging on obesity, but 10 and a half stone is 24.4, which is just under overweight, so that would do, just loads of hard work to do lol x
size 16 is wayy to big, you neeed to be a 10 at the most nowadays, but looking at your pics you look good for your size,
Reply 156
The link isn't working for me :confused: but I've seen some hot size 16 girls.

Spoiler

But (in my brutally honest opinion), size 14 is much much much better. If you can get to that then there's no need to go any lower. I'm sure you could do it.

At the end of the day, answer only to yourself :smile:
Reply 157
You're very lucky in that your face carries extra flesh well.
If I were you, I'd lose weight.

Not because you look fat/for more attention from guys, but because your post makes it clear that you're not happy with you body, which is the most important thing.

I know how hard it is to motivate yourself [I'm currently trying to lose weight] but take it slow. Try swapping chocolate bars and crisps for dried fruit and rice cakes. Make sure you drink lots of water - often, I'll think I'm hungry, but will have a glass of water first and realise I was actually thirsty. Try and walk more.

Good luck!
blue-ravine

The link won't work for me :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending