The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Newton
Does any one here, or has any one here ever taken any muscle suplements? If yes, then which ones and what were the side effects?

I want to pump up within a month.

Newton.

I suggest you spend the time in the library rather than in the gym. It will be a much more fulfilling experience.

MB
Reply 2
musicboy
I suggest you spend the time in the library rather than in the gym. It will be a much more fulfilling experience.

MB

Musicboy you do not know Me. So shut up! I spend more time in the Library than you ever will in your whole entire life! PRAT!

Newton.
Newton
Musicboy you do not know Me. So shut up! I spend more time in the Library than you ever will in your whole entire life! PRAT!

Newton.

OK, well I didn't mean to cause offence.

MB
Reply 4
lessthanthree
now now, children.

Oh, and MB spends the vast majority of his waking life in the library, so it appears as if you don't know him all that well either

And if you'd really spend all that time in the library, you'd know that your goals are a tadge unrealistic.

Yes, that is why I am considering suplements as the most extreme of the cases.

Newton.
Reply 5
There are three main supplements you might consider..

Protein powder.. this is a supplement to add more protein to your diet. It comes in tubs usually 2lb or 5lb and you might have two servings a day if you have a full workout plan. Each serving will probably be about 25-30g with 20-25g protein in it although this varies depending on the manufacturer. Whey protein is the most populay (but you can also get soy protein and other types).

Creatine: "Creatine is bodybuilding's ultimate supplement, and for good reason. For one thing, creatine can significantly increase lean muscle mass in just two weeks. It is also responsible for improving performance in high-intensity exercise, increasing energy levels, and speeding up recovery rates."

I'm not certain, but I think creatine works by adding volume to cells by making them absorb more water. Creating Ethyl Ester (as opposed to monohydrate) is more effective at being absorbed by the body. If you are considering this then I advise you read up on it more.

Nitric Oxide: "The fact that nitric oxide increases blood flow should make it of interest to bodybuilders, as increased blood flow will serve to deliver more nutrients to muscles, thus helping muscles become larger when subject to stress. The fact that Nitric Oxide acts to reduce inflammation should also make it of interest to bodybuilders as it has the potential to reduce the pain associated with subjecting muscles to extreme stress."

This, unlike the other two, comes usually as pills to be taken 2 or 3 times daily. If you are taking protein powder you should check that you aren't taking too much L-arganine (I think which is the amino acid in nitric oxide) because it is possible to have too much of it.

All three are naturally occuring.
If you have just started you would probably be best not using these for at least a couple of weeks to get into the routine.

Hope this helps, and if anyone better than me sees a problem please reply, hopefully it's all good advice though.
Reply 6
Eat shed loads. Then eat some more. Now go and lift some heavy weights.
Newton
Does any one here, or has any one here ever taken any muscle suplements? If yes, then which ones and what were the side effects?

I want to pump up within a month.

Newton.

Whenever people say this you can bet to hell they havent been a regular gym user, go at it like hell for the first 5 days, do themselves an injury and then have to rest it out for the next week (by which time they forget about the whole plan).

Its like the post christmas gym rush. used to piss me off soooo much that between jan 5th and feb 5th ythe gym would be rammed and u'd have to wait ages for the machines (plus the newbies seem to leave machines looking like they have just been reclaimed from the sea)

Grrrrrr.

Tell you what i always found helped (and is a damned site cheaper than protein powder. Tuna. lots and lots of it. - i used to have 4 tins a day
makes your wee smell though
Okay... the most extreme you can do is take synthol... that will have you pumped within hours :rolleyes:
Reply 9
even better, photoshop will pump your e-muscles up in seconds!
STEROIDS! Not only will you get huge muscles, you'll also get very oddly shaped testicles, and possibly even tits. These will prove a great conversation starter.
Tonight Matthew
STEROIDS! Not only will you get huge muscles, you'll also get very oddly shaped testicles, and possibly even tits. These will prove a great conversation starter.

no no synthol is the way to go... check out Gregg Valentino... now thats 'pumped' man :p:
Reply 12
I use Protein Whey and I bought it from Holland and Barrat. But to get pumped you need to eat more that you usually do. When you work out your muscles, to repair they use calories so try to take in more calories than you burn off through every day activities.

But a month is too shorter time really to get "pumped", muscles need time to repair and working on repairing muscles can damage them. So if you go every other day and really push your self, like for example push really heavy weights like only three 3 sets of 4 reps then build up the number of reps slowly you should see a difference.

I haven't had any side affects from protein whey. Apparantly its the stuff that rises to the top when cheese is made. But i'm not an expert i just got the work out stuff from a personal trainer.
creatine tastes like ****, makes your heart jerk abnormally and keeps you on edge like a possesed demon. Its not big and its not clever.
Reply 14
Are you kidding me... firstly creatine (decent creatine) is tasteless and you usually mix it in with something else for flavour. It should not affect your mood or anything?!?!

It's found naturally. When you eat a steak you are eating creatine in that!
yeh but you have to concede it has adverse effects on strength, so then that would make a change in your behaviour right? cos i felt like lifting a lot of weights for longer amounts of time, it just felt far from natural.
i would recomend the protein weight gain milkshakes, not only do you not hav to eat anything for the rest of the week they taste great aswell.
Reply 17
In a month? Only chance you've got is going on a cycle, eating right, training right, resting right.

I'd ditch your plans and do some research before you decide to do anything if I were you.
Reply 18
prohormones and prosteroids are the most potent legal alternatives

www.discount-supplements.co.uk

make sure you're diet is spot on and do the right post cylcle therapy. don't bother if you aint been training a year and a half.
Reply 19
Should you be recommending steroids to a teenager?

Latest

Trending

Trending