The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Choo.choo
Customers are rude, arrogant, cheeky and think they're always right - that's the jist of the comments I've read
The reason: coz they pay your wages and expect a certain level of service - that's why you're there at the end of the day
You won't change the customers - change yourself, or find another industry

Oh my God.

That level of service does not include being a punch bag for verbal abuse and being made to do things that are a) illegal and b) not within your power. I will always do my best to help a customer but if they are rude and abusive, I think they are in the wrong. Not me.
Original post by Mess.
The prices all went up today for things such as stamps...

-------
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by skunky x
Oh my God.

That level of service does not include being a punch bag for verbal abuse and being made to do things that are a) illegal and b) not within your power. I will always do my best to help a customer but if they are rude and abusive, I think they are in the wrong. Not me.

I know it's annoying, but a fact of life - You won't change that
Reply 5003
Customers are rude, arrogant, cheeky and think they're always right - that's the jist of the comments I've read
The reason: coz they pay your wages and expect a certain level of service - that's why you're there at the end of the day
You won't change the customers - change yourself, or find another industry

Why should people endure other people's nastiness and bad mannors just because they need to eat and put a roof over their heads? The key word here is service- being polite, helpful and competent, not boot licking, bowing and scraping, and accepting abuse.
Original post by Ham22
Why should people endure other people's nastiness and bad mannors just because they need to eat and put a roof over their heads? The key word here is service- being polite, helpful and competent, not boot licking, bowing and scraping, and accepting abuse.

That's how it works to them
I know it's annoying, but a fact of life - You won't change that

It shouldn't be. What is totally wrong with treating another human being politely? I think we have a right to be annoyed.
Reply 5006
That's how it works to them

And no sense was made.
Original post by skunky x
It shouldn't be. What is totally wrong with treating another human being politely? I think we have a right to be annoyed.

----------
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Ham22
And no sense was made.

Don't understand your comment - how does it link to what I said?

What's wrong with you people - why did you negative rate my comments?

Can't you see you're fighting something you can't change?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5009
Choo.choo is probably a middle class twit who thinks 'service people' are put on this earth to lick his boots.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5010

Well you didn't really say anything, did you. You make no sense.
Original post by Ham22
Choo.choo is probably a middle class twit who thinks 'service people' are put on this earth to lick his boots.

---------
(edited 12 years ago)
----------

You deleted your comment? I didn't think I'd insulted you. I was up for mature debate.
Reply 5013

Why do you assume that complaining = campaigning for change? We're getting things off our chest and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Original post by Hood_Man
We're getting things off our chest

I hope you feel better for getting it off your chest
Reply 5015
I hope you feel better for getting it off your chest

I'm sure everyone does, talking helps.
"Why hello Bulgarian gang wearing a woman-beaters and beanies, Welcome to the Surf"

God I hated working at Hollister.
Reply 5017
Over £300 lost from runners in the last month in our restaurant. What makes people want to do that?
Original post by Felineyx
Over £300 lost from runners in the last month in our restaurant. What makes people want to do that?

Can't you just break their legs? :cool:
Start to serve/assist customer at 6.05pm

Customer leaves at 6.50pm.

:facepalm2:

Latest

Trending

Trending