The Student Room Group

rant about people

my ex boyfriend treated me like rubbish. i sent him a long message explaining why i found it hard to trust him, why hes annoyed me so much etc and he didnt even reply. The girl who he messed me around with when i was sort of seeing him has gone to stay with him for a few days so they are probably shagging. Yet she told me when he was my bf that she wanted to be friends with me.

I cut him out and deleted him on fb and msn but miss him like crazy. I was friends with him for a long time before we were a couple but i felt like it was something i had to do because i cant trust him and talking to him still would just prolong my feelings for him. Hes a bit of a bastard tbh.

Its my birthday in 2 days yet hardly anyone is coming. i sent out a long message on fb to uni friends and hardly any replied and only 1 other person has confirmed coming. If i celebrated closer to where i live 2 more people would come but i doubt it as they dont get along and would be tense to be in the company of eachother.

my best friend from back home hardly has any time for me anymore.

I have low self esteem anyway and people making slight comments to me about the way i am (eg. you always seem sad, why are you doing that, you should dress like this, u need more clothes, your quiet, your sensitive) it just pisses me off loads and i feel like hitting them.

I dont feel like i can trust anyone anymore or that anyone cares about me :-(
Reply 1
**** the lot of them aye? it's good to have a rant now and again.
Reply 2
I've known girls who try to befriend the gf of a guy they like. Makes it more likely that they will be invited along places, and generally gives them more chance of getting what they want.

Horrible, but happens.

I wouldn't worry about the birthday thing, either. Just have a small get-together with a couple of people.
I know it's hard, but keep your chin up.
:console:
You sound like a nice person and you'll come out of it the stronger one :smile:
Things will get better if you just let it all pass and accept the good stuff when it comes to you. Feelings like this don't last forever...take time now to focus on yourself and you'll look back on this post later on and I know things will have worked out for you.
I wish you all the best...just be yourself and don't take rubbish from anyone. A best friend who doesn't have time for you isn't worth having...time to move on from them so that someone new can be close to you and be there for you. Spend more time with other friends and build up a network of new friends who make you happy or do something you love and meet new people at the same time :smile:
Reply 4
do you think you may have lost touch with your friends because you were spending too much time with your ex? its seems like now its backfired on you. All i can suggest is take it as a lesson from life ect ect, move on/ find some more friends/ maybe get back on the dating scene if you feel ready. if i were you, i wouldnt bother pining over your ex. remember, they are exes for a reason!! xx
Reply 5
emmalev
do you think you may have lost touch with your friends because you were spending too much time with your ex? its seems like now its backfired on you. All i can suggest is take it as a lesson from life ect ect, move on/ find some more friends/ maybe get back on the dating scene if you feel ready. if i were you, i wouldnt bother pining over your ex. remember, they are exes for a reason!! xx

No i dont think that, i didnt see him everyday, i saw my friends more than i saw him. he always put thought his friends were more important, and my friends thought their boyfriend was more/just as important.
Reply 6
life goes on, chin up:smile:
Reply 7
x-Disenchanted-x
I know it's hard, but keep your chin up.
:console:
You sound like a nice person and you'll come out of it the stronger one :smile:
Things will get better if you just let it all pass and accept the good stuff when it comes to you. Feelings like this don't last forever...take time now to focus on yourself and you'll look back on this post later on and I know things will have worked out for you.
I wish you all the best...just be yourself and don't take rubbish from anyone. A best friend who doesn't have time for you isn't worth having...time to move on from them so that someone new can be close to you and be there for you. Spend more time with other friends and build up a network of new friends who make you happy or do something you love and meet new people at the same time :smile:

It doesnt seem to be making me stronger though, just weaker and more sensitive and more angry. When i trust someone it just ends in disaster i now feel stupid and naive for believing people actually care about me and have my best interest at heart :-(
Anonymous
It doesnt seem to be making me stronger though, just weaker and more sensitive and more angry. When i trust someone it just ends in disaster i now feel stupid and naive for believing people actually care about me and have my best interest at heart :-(

The more you believe in that, the closer to the truth it'll be.
I know it'll be so difficult to entirely break free of this frame of mind but you have to let go of thinking like that...maybe what you need is an entirely fresh start.
Just make small changes in areas of your life you're not happy with...do something little every day that'll make you feel proud. When you're feeling this low, everything feels like disaster and you'll miss positive little things. Focus on anything, however small, that makes you happy and it'll grow until you feel much better.
Seems impossible now, I know, but you WILL find people you can trust. Everyone goes through ups and downs and while you're not feeling so strong now, you will be. Just have patience and keep going, it'll all be fine, I promise you :smile:
Reply 9
Just keep your chin up like everyone said.

It's tempting (I know, been there done that kinda thing) to send exs messages and slag them off and whatever else but it really won't and doesn't get you anywhere. Believe me. It just stops you from moving on and by the sounds of it (with you being so unhappy/unsatisfied) that's really what you need to do.

Ok... so hardly anyone is coming to your birthday. It's annoying but remember to just move on from it. Have a good time with the people that make the effort and remember to appreciate them. It's not quantity that counts afterall, it's quality of company :biggrin:.

Try not to think about the ex. This girl is probably really into him, always was probably, and is onto a 'losing situation' as such with him. He'll break her heart most likely and use her but you just can't get involved.

It will get better. You just need to get out more and appreciate the life you have a bit more. :smile:
Reply 10
x-Disenchanted-x
The more you believe in that, the closer to the truth it'll be.
I know it'll be so difficult to entirely break free of this frame of mind but you have to let go of thinking like that...maybe what you need is an entirely fresh start.
Just make small changes in areas of your life you're not happy with...do something little every day that'll make you feel proud. When you're feeling this low, everything feels like disaster and you'll miss positive little things. Focus on anything, however small, that makes you happy and it'll grow until you feel much better.
Seems impossible now, I know, but you WILL find people you can trust. Everyone goes through ups and downs and while you're not feeling so strong now, you will be. Just have patience and keep going, it'll all be fine, I promise you :smile:

how would my inner thoughts affect that though? i dont get how me thinking like that will make it more true.

thanks for the advice, i will work on it. Its just people seem to be so manipulative, say their your friend and then try and get all close to your bf/ex, friends saying how close you are yet wont come to your birthday. People just do it over and over and i just end up feeling stupid for trusting people. But i will work on it
keekee107

It's tempting (I know, been there done that kinda thing) to send exs messages and slag them off and whatever else but it really won't and doesn't get you anywhere. Believe me. It just stops you from moving on and by the sounds of it (with you being so unhappy/unsatisfied) that's really what you need to do.

Ok... so hardly anyone is coming to your birthday. It's annoying but remember to just move on from it. Have a good time with the people that make the effort and remember to appreciate them. It's not quantity that counts afterall, it's quality of company :biggrin:.

Try not to think about the ex. This girl is probably really into him, always was probably, and is onto a 'losing situation' as such with him. He'll break her heart most likely and use her but you just can't get involved.

It will get better. You just need to get out more and appreciate the life you have a bit more. :smile:

Totally agree :smile:
Reply 12
keekee107

Thanks

it wasnt a message to slag him off out of anger, he asked me why i deleted him on fb so i gave an explanation why and at the end said im too annoyed to talk to him anymore because of all the points i mentioned including trust and stuff. Talking to him still wouldnt be a good idea because he has made me too angry and upset and i would be acting fake to talk to him nicely and be friends.

She is into him, she has asked him to be her bf twice and hes said no. he told her he didnt want a relationship then asked me out like a week later. Now me and him are broken up shes chasing him again. Shes so stupid, he doesnt fancy her, he only ever slept with her when he was drunk, hes just not into her.

Yeah i will have fun with the people who do matter. Its not so easy when all my friends from uni live all over the place :-s

Thanks for the advice

Latest

Trending

Trending