The Student Room Group

Should I stop liking her?

Please keep anon. I met a girl from TSR 4 weeks ago and added her to msn. we have been talking everyday (except two days) for at least 3 hours. i made a huge mistake by telling her I like her after a week (we did talk on audio a couple of times), and she consequently said she wasnt interested and just wanted to be friends so i said ok. we've still been chatting everyday since then (we talked for about 3 hours even before she told me she didnt like me). problem is i still like her and flirt with her sometimes but she just talks to me as a friend (never shows any emotion). ok i know im stupid for even saying i like a girl before meeting her in real life but i cant help it. should i just stop thinking about her, carry on being msn friends, and move on? i live in south of england and she lives in manchester so we cant exactly meet up. please could someone suggest what i do
Tell us names so we can help you better :teeth:
Reply 2
sil3nt_cha0s
Tell us names so we can help you better :teeth:

I'm in a jovial mood, and this made me laugh :smile:
keep talking to her as a friend..maybe when you meet up, the emotion of it all will make her find something in you..:smile:
I don't know about your circumstances, but going to Manchester from, say, London, would only be like a tenner by Megabus, so it's hardly impossible.
As to the situation, just act cool, don't mention it again, and just try to be a good friend. I know it's hard :frown:
Accept and move on.
Reply 6
Antimatter
I don't know about your circumstances, but going to Manchester from, say, London, would only be like a tenner by Megabus, so it's hardly impossible.
As to the situation, just act cool, don't mention it again, and just try to be a good friend. I know it's hard :frown:

i've hinted to her id love to meet her just to spend time with her (as a friend, not bf) but she on purpose never said yes. :frown: we talk for hours on end and we get on well (she even said we get on) but she said shes seen a side to me that she didnt like (i dont even know what because i feel im fairly polite and maybe sometimes arrogant but never rude - and she refuses to tell me what the problem was). she keeps saying she doesnt think im bad looking either so its very saddening she doesnt like me for any good reason :frown:
Anonymous
i've hinted to her id love to meet her just to spend time with her (as a friend, not bf) but she on purpose never said yes. :frown: we talk for hours on end and we get on well (she even said we get on) but she said shes seen a side to me that she didnt like (i dont even know what because i feel im fairly polite and maybe sometimes arrogant but never rude - and she refuses to tell me what the problem was). she keeps saying she doesnt think im bad looking either so its very saddening she doesnt like me for any good reason :frown:

she might just be clutching at straws, op.
You sound like a great guy and whilst its hard to move on from someone, maybe you should just talk as friends and try and disipate your feelings for her...but then you've never met so if you did meet in real life she might feel stronger towards you? but the distance between the two of you will always be difficult:frown: Don't completely cut her out of your life, just try and break away a bit so your feelings don't grow stronger and get hurt.
Reply 8
nah stop liking imho.
Reply 9
Wowzers. be cool about it. Seriously. It's the internets.
Reply 10
dont be desperate.
move on.

Latest

Trending

Trending