The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
I'm so impatient! ... I logged onto my ca homepage on sunday and it said my application is at the main ca office but isnt being circulated round camps yet because my crb check hasnt been recieved and in the payment section its asking me to pay for one. But the thing is my interviewer said i dont have to pay that because i already had one done, and she took it away with her. Ive emailed my interviewer about it and asked her to sort it out for me, but i havent had a reply from her, i know its only been about 4 days since i emailed her but i just want my application sent round already..... if im like this now , what am i going to be like when i have to play the waiting game whilst waiting to be placed? lol :eek3: ... rarr lol

Amstead
Ive got my interview on the 3rd of December, what sort of things do they ask etc?

I just got asked why i wanted to do the program, my skills, and my experience with kids etc .....
what photos have you put down then if you said horse riding and cycling etc? xx
Reply 482
I put one of me on a horse jumping and one of a piece of art I'd done. For the profile picture I just scanned my passport.

Ugh my second reference needs to get a move on.
Holamigo
Less people are interested in special needs camps so there are nearly always places going!
I never had any experience either neither had most of the other counsellors who got placed there! :smile:

I've just read my application and I've said that I'm not a student but employeed to a provate business...
was this what you did as well?
and in the next accademic term I said I still will not be a student..hope I've filled it in correctly:rolleyes: I ahve mentioned that I'm on a agp year though.. a well

Yeah that's fine! You don't have to be a student to be a counsellor but u do have to be if you want to do camp power(in kitchen etc..)
Reply 485
I've been placed :biggrin:

It all feels real now...ahhh!!!
soph222
I've been placed :biggrin:

It all feels real now...ahhh!!!

OMG where?? Congrats, btw!

Sorry, I just got placed too :smile: Camp Potomac Woods.
Wahaaaayyyy! well done on being placed both of you!!!

Let the adventure begin!!
Reply 488
Kathryn128
OMG where?? Congrats, btw!

Sorry, I just got placed too :smile: Camp Potomac Woods.

Thanks both of you :biggrin:!!

Ahh wicked...I'm at Camp Taconic :smile:
Yayyy!!! A camp emailed me last week saying they were interested me and wanted me to fill out their own staff application! I sent it off yesterday and they just replied sayin that they like me and want to do a phone/skype interview! Arghhhhh!!!! i'm so nervous! Has anyone else had to do a phone/skype interview with a camp? Whats it like?
I had a phone interview with a camp... dont worry i am sure it will be really chatty and informal like mine was. I got asked a few things like what i thought i would achieve, what i liked about camp etc and then i had some questions to ask. The lady was soooo nice and i got placed at the end of it! Good luck!!!!
Reply 491
I've applied with Camp Leaders and had a phone interview with them, this was great experience as I was much less nervous when it came to having my Interview with Camp!
Reply 492
I've got my interview next Weds with BUNAC in London. Any tips?? Plus, how long roughly is it until you here their decision?
Reply 493
s_k
I've got my interview next Weds with BUNAC in London. Any tips?? Plus, how long roughly is it until you here their decision?

Heyy, my main tip would just to appear friendly/outgoing etc, as thats such a big factor of what they're looking for. The main bulk of the int is going through your form in more detail so be prepared to talk about what you've written/give more detailed examples.

And then apart from that its just a few common sense questions like "what do you think makes a good counsellor'? etc.

You'll be fine :smile:!

And I found out within a week so yeah pretty soon!
Reply 494
soph222
Heyy, my main tip would just to appear friendly/outgoing etc, as thats such a big factor of what they're looking for. The main bulk of the int is going through your form in more detail so be prepared to talk about what you've written/give more detailed examples.

And then apart from that its just a few common sense questions like "what do you think makes a good counsellor'? etc.

You'll be fine :smile:!

And I found out within a week so yeah pretty soon!

Thanks! It's all so exciting, yet nerve wracking at the same time!!! :biggrin:
I don't know whether to apply?! I applied last year but by April still wasn't placed so opted to withdraw and get my money back (as CA decided to do refunds after awhile). As I have hardly an experience with kids apart from work experience in schools, and no skills, I'm scared of not getting placed again. I really want to do it, but i'm 23 now, feel really old. Agghhh I can't decide?!
Reply 496
Congrats to those who have been placed...... !!

I'm still waiting for my application to start circulating!
My interviewer didnt tell me that i needed a letter from my college to give camp america permission to use the CRB check i already had. So Ive had to get a letter and send it to the camp america office, so im just waiting for them to get that now and then start sending my app round. On my form i put a camp i want my application to be sent to first, and hopefully they'll have me..... im going to be well scared once its time to have some type of camp interview!

And Zebrastripes, 23 is not old...... Ive heard about people who are in their late 20's and even early 30's who have applied before.

And @ Reagan Smash, I read that someone on the CA forums had a Skype interview too. That must be so wierd. Let us know how it goes. x
Reply 497
Hi all, looking to do camp america in 2010 perhaps. Can anyone tell me if the cost of flights is included in these companies or is it an extra? Or does it come out of your final salary coz i dont have a clue :biggrin:
anybody going to manchester 28th of jan for the recrutiment fair??
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
anybody going to manchester 28th of jan for the recrutiment fair??

yeeeh should be!! but i hope i get placed before then! what kind of camp you looking for?

Latest