The Student Room Group

are there any a level subjects required to study architecture at UWE?

what subs are required and what grades are needed plz?
Why didnt you just look on the website -

Typical offers
GCSE: Maths, English required
Tariff points range: 240-280
Specific subjects: None specified
Access: The award of the Access to HE Diploma, which must include credits at level 2 Maths and English.
Reply 2
omg ive scanned the website like 20 times and couldnt see that - link plz?
Either - http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/k130/2009
http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/kk14/2009

The second has the following entry requirements:

Typical offers
Tariff points range: 300-360
Access: The award of the Access to HE Diploma, which must include credits at level 2 Maths and English.

Perhaps you shouldnt be an architect if you cant find the entry requirements
Reply 4
i said architecture people - as a single subject - http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/K100/2009 k100 everyone knows that!!! there isnt anything about admissions on that page so dont try and put me down jennie!!!!!
Reply 5
Jennie1987

Perhaps you shouldnt be an architect if you cant find the entry requirements

To be fair, being an architect doesn't involve finding grade requirements on university websites. Besides, that's a completely different course (the second is the Architecture and planning course, more later).

From the programme's (BArch/MA) site

The course is open to:

Graduates (normally 2:2 or above) of the BA(Hons) Architecture and Planning course at UWE Bristol (applicants who are graduates from UWE Bristol do need to formally apply for the course).

Graduates (normally 2:2 or above) of a Part 1 course prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and applicants who have successfully completed the ARB Part 1 external examination.
All applicants will normally have completed a year's professional practice which is judged by the course leaders to be relevant to the course. In the current economic situation, we will consider applicants without a full year in professional practice, so long as they have at least five months.

In other words, it looks like it's only open to graduates of the Architecture and Planning course OR another Part One ARB course AND have signifcant work experience (ideally a year, at least five months).

For the BA (hons) Architecture and Planning: -

Typical offers

Unless I've got it completely wrong. Moving to the Architecture/Built Environment subforum.
River85
To be fair, being an architect doesn't involve finding grade requirements on university websites. Besides, that's a completely different course (the second is the Architecture and planning course, more later).

From the programme's (BArch/MA) site

The course is open to:

Graduates (normally 2:2 or above) of the BA(Hons) Architecture and Planning course at UWE Bristol (applicants who are graduates from UWE Bristol do need to formally apply for the course).

Graduates (normally 2:2 or above) of a Part 1 course prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and applicants who have successfully completed the ARB Part 1 external examination.
All applicants will normally have completed a year's professional practice which is judged by the course leaders to be relevant to the course. In the current economic situation, we will consider applicants without a full year in professional practice, so long as they have at least five months.

In other words, it looks like it's only open to graduates of the Architecture and Planning course OR another Part One ARB course AND have signifcant work experience (ideally a year, at least five months).

For the BA (hons) Architecture and Planning: -

Typical offers

Unless I've got it completely wrong. Moving to the Architecture/Built Environment subforum.

I meant that its a career where you need a high level of skills including being able to notice the little things - like the wrong measurement written on a plan..and its pretty easy to find entry requirements on that page or you could open 'Find'.
Reply 7
I've just been offered a place on KK14 for UWE.... I am aware this thread died years ago just thought It would be a good place to try and meet some others...Cheersyalll
Reply 8
Original post by Sangbatz
I've just been offered a place on KK14 for UWE.... I am aware this thread died years ago just thought It would be a good place to try and meet some others...Cheersyalll

same here :smile: r u firming it? cn u tell me sumthing is the course way diff from the architecture k100 course or pretty much simiilar?
Does anyone know the grade requirement to initially study architecture at any given university, also would be a great endeavour to suggest any uni's which consist of..
C in mathematics
B in physics
B in art and design
C in design and technology
At AS level standards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Does anyone know the grade requirement to initially study architecture at any given university, also would be a great endeavour to suggest any uni's which consist of..
C in mathematics
B in physics
B in art and design
C in design and technology
At AS level standards

Depends on what you are likely to achieve at A2 but for now,

Architecture wise, it depends on what kind of course you want to go for, the best isn't always the one you will like-some are arty some are techy. They widely vary, generally the majority ask for anything between 280 UCAS points(but this may go up to 300, which is BBB in A2 terms) and AAA(although more a levels may compensate for lower grades, they also like all-rounders).

Look at universities like Demontfort, London met, UWE, Portsmouth, UCLan, Leeds met, Nottingham trent, Coventry, Liverpool John Moores, Plymouth, Uni of the Arts London, Norwich college of arts which are all about in your current grade range.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending