The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
better start your personal statement asap, good luck!
already started my application! Filled most of the stuff in on UCAS and got a personal statement that I am almost finished with. Want to get it all done quite quickly tbh
i (think!) i wa to go to uni this year. i live in scotland so i can choose wether to go this year or stay on at school and go next. all depends on what grades i get in my highers this year :eek3:
i haven't thought about it thoroughly and i guess i'm a little naive about the whole idea! any advice?
i've only thought about one uni so far - Glasgow.
i would like to do an MA in RMPS.
ayone else thinking of glasgow, re or going after 5th year?
Reply 23
WEll ill be going for LAW or Criminology,

Looking at Stirling, Abertay/Dundee, Also Robert Gordon

Few others in my head but these are my top three. I have spoke to a few people from these unis and have answered all ym questions when need and been helpful.
Vet med for me, Cambridge, Bristol, RVC and Nottingham. My college made me do most of my application already.
I am applying for English & History apart from English with Classical Studies at Reading... I am a re-applicant so unfortunately I know all the steps of the application.. I hope this year will be a bit more successful for me.

I do not need to do too much differently apart from change my personal statement, which is directed at an English degree at the moment but hopefully it won't be too hard to shape it for an English/History degree.
Reply 26
WOAHHHHHHH you've already filled in your application!
Can you even do that?!
I'm reapplying but not sure for what where AH
probably Bristol Oxford Nottingham and others for maybe Geography
I have/had a place a Nott for economics so i'm unsure :s-smilie:
Reply 27
Going to find out the buzzword for my school asap and start then.
Applying for Economics (again, yes i ****** up this year, BBBb - an extra 100/2100 would have got AAAa, only needed 9 extra marks and i would have got into Southampton)
Definates applying to Southampton and Loughborough - unsure of any more.
Reply 28
I will, when I've made up my mind of what I wanna pick. So far I've got:
Biomedical Science - Strathclyde BBBC
Biology - Stirling BBCC
Chemistry - Glasgow BBBB
Chemistry - UWS (:colondollar:, don't ask.) BBC
Biochemistry w/ Pharmacology - Strathclyde BBBC

Gah, anyone have a 8ball?
I'm hoping to apply for geography I got AAAB in my AS levels so I cant apply to oxbridge/durham/bristol but I'd quite like to apply to kings college london, southampton, edinburgh and St Andrews.

If anyone has any advice/ suggestions on what these unis are looking for I'd love to know!
Thank you!
Reply 30
hardy_4_paws
I'm hoping to apply for geography I got AAAB in my AS levels so I cant apply to oxbridge/durham/bristol but I'd quite like to apply to kings college london, southampton, edinburgh and St Andrews.

If anyone has any advice/ suggestions on what these unis are looking for I'd love to know!
Thank you!

You can definately apply for oxbridge/durham/bristol with those AS levels! I know people with worse who applied and got in to those places so if you want to try those places definately go for it and if you're unsure about getting in put a lower offer as your back up
Reply 31
Economics with AABB, before getting my AS grades I was hoping for lse/warwick/bristol/bath/southampton but the first two don't look so promising now.
I'm a gap year applicant with AAAAAB at A level and I've finished most of my application just need a few more proof readings of my personal statement. I'm going for Imperial/Cambridge/Durham(Josephine Butler, twice) and Warwick.
Reply 33
I've been trying to start my PS, but my mind is just going blank...I haven't been to any open days, either :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending