The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wellisntitfor
I've never met a physically unattractive person who I'd have said had an attractive personality. So I guess the two are intertwined in my mind anyway.

Hi, I'm Allan, pleased to meet you :biggrin:
Looks draw you in. Personality seals (or breaks) the deal.
Reply 42
probably about 65% looks, 35% personality.

sometimes i have found a few people who i thought wern't exactly my cup of tea physically desireable enough to want to date after seeing thier personality but this is rare tbh..

likewise i have seen girls that were really hot but personality wise we were on complete different wavelenghts ..so i probably wouldn't want to persue a relationship with them (although i must admit i'd usually still want to do them..)

the thing about having a good personality is that it is quite subjective , and one persons idea of a good personality may not be anothers.

i think the notion of how well you "click" with said person is a more accurate perception than the "good personality".
Ah, so this poll suggests guys are more shallow than girls. Nah I'm kidding! But still, I think usually if you're physically attracted to a person, the first few dates etc when you're 'getting to know them better' they'll be really nice etc, it's only afterwards you learn about 'the real them' so I guess if a guy liked me, even if he had a rubbish or mean personality, the fact that he liked me meant he'd try harder to be nice, so those flaws would be non existant during the start of a relationship.
By the way, I voted 50/50 and I'm a girl :smile:
Reply 44
You can't establish a long term relationship on looks alone , it just doesn't work but there has to a be a tiny bit of physical attraction there at the very least too.
75% looks, 25% personality.
I said 50:50. I find people more attractive when I like their personality though, so I'm not sure that that's entirely accurate... Obviously it helps a lot if they're beautiful too though :biggrin:
I'd say 60% = personality
40% = Looks
Reply 48
Have to be equal. I can't say i'd prefer one over the other because if i loved his personality but wasn't that attracted to him things will fizzle out and enevitably get boring. If i fancied him but his personality was dull it would also get boring and eventually fizzle so :dontknow: 50/50.

Although i tend to find people more/less attractive after getting to know them.
Reply 49
25 looks, 75 personality.

But i agree with hana_87 above, if i get to know a girl better then they tend to make themselves more attractive. Especially if they like my being a bit...stupid. But, theres nothing better than a nice personality.
Reply 50
I'd probably say 50:50 but I have previously been unattracted to a girl but her personality has been so great that I couldn't help falling for her.
A girl has got to, absolutely, be able to hold a proper conversation for me to ever want anything to do with her. Yes, her looks will initially attract me, but her personality and character will ultimately decide whether I want to be with her or not.
Reply 52
Poll options aren't sufficient enough.

I say 82.6746878997522211111113525460890954906SAS036M049GAYTHREAD9302349024902502054% Looks.
Reply 53
If I've never seen or spoken to them before 75% looks, 25% personality.

If it was someone I knew and wanted to know better then 25% looks, 75% personality.
i normally like guys who i dont think are that good looking because of their personality and choose them over the really goodlooking ones, it happens 90% of the time..I fancy the goodlooking guys ,but fall in love with the guys with the nice personality:smile:
Okay for me it works like this -

If I find a guy attractive, I'll make the effort to get to know him a little, if I like what I find, I'll go for it.

If I like a guy, then find him attractive one day (it happens!), then I'll go for it.

But I couldn't be in a relationship without the chemistry
I'm going to go with 25%looks, 75%personality. Although it's more like 15/85 for me.

I would've said 50/50 but experience has proven that wrong for me.
I had a really good friend who - when I first met him - I didn't find physically attractive at all. However, we got along unbelievably well and over time his looks grew on me as well. Suffice to say, I was crazy about him.

And now that I think about it, I can't count the number of times I've met an attractive guy, that made me want to run away after talking to him for 20min... if that.

No. It's personality for me all the way. Just... think before you open mouths and speak, boys.
100% looks, 0% personality for me.
95% looks 5% personality. I'm not wanting to marry the girl.
poll tells us what we already know.. we objectify women more than they objectify us

Latest

Trending

Trending