The Student Room Group
Proably because there an extra couple of days in a month.
Reply 2
Times 300 by 52 and then divide by 12 and you get £1300. Simple as that.
Reply 3
4 weeks is not equal to one month.
Reply 4
EDCE88
Basically Ive just signed a contract with a mate for a 2 bed flat that was advertised as £300 pw, but Ive just noticed (I know, silly me!) that per month the rent is £1300 instead of £1200. Have I been stupid and ended up being tricked by the estate agent, or is there some extra charge that comes with a flat that I dont know about?

Because a month is longer than 4 weeks. 1300 pm = (300pw* 52 weeks) / 12 months.
Reply 5
basically what they said, you haven't been conned at all.
Reply 6
ahhh!!! Thanks for the replies!!! I feel sooo dumb, and to think I've done A level maths and scored over 90% in one of my modules at uni that was maths related :o:

And I was going to call them up tomo... phew, saved me the embarrassment!!!! :p:
Reply 7
There is not 4 weeks in a month.

4 weeks x 12 months = 48 weeks. There are 52 weeks in a year though! So that is where the extra comes from!
£300pw??? is it me or does that seem like a lot? even for the 2 of you. im gonna be paying just over £60pw and that includes gas, electricity and water rates.
Reply 9
You are a fool, why are you paying 650 quid a month? are you mad? or very rich?
dances_with_lamposts
£300pw??? is it me or does that seem like a lot? even for the 2 of you. im gonna be paying just over £60pw and that includes gas, electricity and water rates.

Completely depends what uni she's at. For a London uni for example, that's pretty normal.
Reply 11
punkyrocker
Completely depends what uni she's at. For a London uni for example, that's pretty normal.

Yeah its a london uni, Queen Mary. So zone 2, cheapest places were around £240 pw... u can imagine the state these places were in...
Reply 12
fxytimi
You are a fool, why are you paying 650 quid a month? are you mad? or very rich?

Hmm... I wouldnt say rich, but my parents offered to pay for my rent, and it was within their budget. Also the location is great :p:
Reply 13
EDCE88
Hmm... I wouldnt say rich, but my parents offered to pay for my rent, and it was within their budget. Also the location is great :p:

You are therefore rich, 650 a month is a lot. you may not be rich, but your parents are.
I opened this thread because I thought I must have misunderstood the title.

HOLY ****.

I knew property in London was expensive but oh. My. God.
Now I need to lie down.

Latest

Trending

Trending