The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

equal in perception to others - wtf dude?! you don't make any sense...
Explain....
Reply 3
yes, equal in perception.
Do you mean you're immature?
stop being a troll
Reply 6
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Explain....

explain how?

I'm tired of being the last to know important things in life.
How is that linked to perception exactly...? :s-smilie:
Reply 8
You're 19, no-one expects you to have worldly experience.
Reply 9
Altruistic1
You're 19, no-one expects you to have worldly experience.

most 19 year olds do.

so why not me? is there something wrong with my brain? :confused:
Reply 10
Queen_Pinky
How is that linked to perception exactly...? :s-smilie:

when i was 13, my mates all knew stuff, but i didn't grasp it. only last year i started to understand stuff that they understood years ago.

my perception is backward. i know it is.
Anonymous
most 19 year olds do.

so why not me? is there something wrong with my brain? :confused:

Give us an example of something you took ages to figure out that other people knew.
Reply 12
Give a few examples.
Reply 13
What sort of stuff are you talking about?
Are you sure it's really that important, I don't know if your talking about stuff like 'Gordon Brown is the prime minister' or just things regarding the people you have around you.
Reply 14
Altruistic1
Give us an example of something you took ages to figure out that other people knew.

i only recently knew that nothing should be taken for granted. or that everything in life has a cost.
Anonymous
i only recently knew that nothing should be taken for granted. or that everything in life has a cost.

Doesn't sound too bad.
Anonymous

This might make help.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Penguin-Dictionary-English-Idioms-Reference/dp/0140514813/ref=pd_sim_b_1
Are you referring to visual perception? As in not being able to detect distances and relative sizes? Colours?

If yes, then it's not common, but it doesn't mean you're mentally retarded. Depending on the degree to which your perception is flawed/different, you might be "normal" (there are quite some people who distinguish colours differently) or somewhat impaired... I can't say, you need a more specific diagnostic.

Edit: Haha, sorry :laugh: When you said "retarted" I thought it must be something biological/psychological.

If your issue is simply inexperienced at life, then don't worry. The best thing to do is interact with a lot of different people. You're not old, still have time.
Anonymous

I think it takes certain bad experiences to learn those kind of things, if you're adamant that you'll never take things for granted again perhaps you're in a better state of mind than your friends - I for one keep forgetting this all the time, lol.
So it's more sort of moral lessons. I think parents are mostly responsible for teaching their children those.

Er ... read some of Christ's teachings :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending