The Student Room Group

Applying for provisional

Hey guys,
I'm applying for a provisional lisence but I don't know where the serial number of my passport is.....Is it the Passport number at the top or the long number including letters at the bottom?

Some people say it's the passport number but on the application form it already says write your digital UK passport number on a different section?

Thanks!
Reply 1
The part of the form asking for your passport number contains 9 boxes for a 9 digit passport number. The text above the boxes (on my version of the form, anyway) says "Please write your nine digit passport number below".

The very top of the form also says in red, "You must read booklet INF1D when filling in this form."

Booklet INF1D has a very handy little diagram which explains all you need to know. Click below to see. It's the nine digit number at the top right under the words "Passport No."
Reply 2
Advisor
The part of the form asking for your passport number contains 9 boxes for a 9 digit passport number. The text above the boxes (on my version of the form, anyway) says "Please write your nine digit passport number below".

The very top of the form also says in red, "You must read booklet INF1D when filling in this form."

Booklet INF1D has a very handy little diagram which explains all you need to know. Click below to see. It's the nine digit number at the top right under the words "Passport No."

I'm not talking about the 9 digit passport number, look at section 5b it says enter your serial number and I chose passport as my identification and it says write the serial number of it.
Reply 3
Ok, i'm confused. I'm looking at section 5b and that is all about health.. the passport info is requested in section 6. Are you using the most recent D1 form? I know it's changed a lot in recent years. I honestly can't find any reference to a "serial number" anywhere.
Reply 4
Advisor
Ok, i'm confused. I'm looking at section 5b and that is all about health.. the passport info is requested in section 6. Are you using the most recent D1 form? I know it's changed a lot in recent years. I honestly can't find any reference to a "serial number" anywhere.

Health???....I got my form yesterday and section 4 is about health isn't it?
Reply 5
I think we're both looking at totally different forms here. On mine, section 4 is previous licence details, section 5 is health, section 6 is confirming your identity. Maybe there's a brand spanking new version out that I don't have here.

But I can see a bit about serial numbers now under section 6 part B so I think I understand. Part B is for if you don't have a digital passport or choose to send in your documents rather than simply asking them to check your identity with the passport office. Under the circumstances, the serial number will be the passport number (if this is the document you choose to send).

Of course, if you do have a digital passport, just enter your 9 digit passport number in Part A and sign it, then you don't need to fill in Part B at all or actually send the passport.
Reply 6
Advisor
I think we're both looking at totally different forms here. On mine, section 4 is previous licence details, section 5 is health, section 6 is confirming your identity. Maybe there's a brand spanking new version out that I don't have here.

But I can see a bit about serial numbers now under section 6 part B so I think I understand. Part B is for if you don't have a digital passport or choose to send in your documents rather than simply asking them to check your identity with the passport office. Under the circumstances, the serial number will be the passport number (if this is the document you choose to send).

Of course, if you do have a digital passport, just enter your 9 digit passport number in Part A and sign it, then you don't need to fill in Part B at all or actually send the passport.

Ok, Thanks!!
So ive filled in part A with my passport number!are u sure part B dosnt beed to be filled it..?!do i need to send other forms of identity e.g identity card etc?also the section about getting someone to sign-whos not a relative etc does that need to be filled?&final question the fee..its £43 by post right?whys it cheaper online..just curious and do i send the cheque in the same envelope.. Pleased reply will be really thankful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending