The Student Room Group

help!!! LONG story!!! xD

Ok. Its been on my head the last couple of weeks and I just need to know whether i should move on from this guy or not...this is the story.

i met him through my friends birthday party like round last xmas..since then, me and him were good friends and yeah, all was good. Then i started to feel something (round March and onwards) for him but i kept it hidden cause i thought it was a little thing and it'll go away soon. Now after the 1st year of college was over (so it's now the summer holidays), i kept teasing him saying "who do u like and blah" and then outta nowhere he said, "its you..." of course i felt shocked and happy but he then said something like "please dont make it awkward" and so i didnt and we kept chattin through msn.

Then we all met up with everyone else during the holidays but HE was the one who was quiet and very distant from me...also this gathering was my birthday party thingy and he rarely talked to me...after that, i sent him a text sayin "why were u like that?? u said for not to be awkward yet ur doing it!!" and he said something like, "i was shy im sorry..." so then yeah...he just dissapeared until the next outing we all were gonna have...it was like 2-3 weeks later and yeah, the gathering happened again.

THIS time, we were talking like normal AND it was fine..i even confessed that i felt the same way that he did..(by the way..this was before we found out about our AS results) so yeah..all was good until results day came...since that day, he dissapeared for a week..hes normally on facebook and stuff but he just dissapeared. so i sent him a text sayin shall we meet up? but he didnt reply (hes rarely got credit..so i heard) and like yeah..i just waited...couple of days after i called him, he said he got crap grades and wanted to do better so hes not gonna be online, not gonna go out and all..and i asked him about the text and he was like "oh i saw it but left it cause i had no credit"...then i ended the convosation and sent him an email saying everything: i like him and all but feel that it may be better if we concentrate on our studies...cause we both wanna get high grades for the unis we wanna go to
...so yeah, i sent him that, and he said he was thinking the same but still wanted us to be friends...so yeah, it was cool. Yeah i do still like him but i knew that i had to move on...so yeah, 2nd year of college started, all was going well until i heard that he STILL feels that way about me...

i heard from my friend that he told him and all his close mates about who he liked (they were playin a game "who likes who" ...and he just said.."i like her but decided not to be in a relationship this year cause im focusin on my grades now. but if we still like each other then maybe..." okay so NOW i dunno whether to actually move on or wait for him...i mean, i dont know!!!! (he's indian by the way and apparently theyre VERY serious about their studies but i have no clue on this)

and then!! the new harry potter movie came out...he did say he was gonna go out to watch that and so we all went out. apparently from september till 2 days before we met up, he had his hair LONG!! as in LONNGGG!! and that he had a haircut before the cinema outing. My friend whos also his friend told me that he done it because of me :s-smilie: but throughout that day, i tried to talk to him, yet he didnt really look directly at me whilst talking. we were always in a group and we all talked yet me and him rarely talked like just us two...we made each other laugh but i felt that he was still abit awkward towards me...........

and NOW i dunno whether to actually wait for him or no....my friends are telling me to move on and stuff but for some reason, i feel as though i should wait but i dunno...does he still feel for me or what? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
dont worry and just move on) it is just college years, you will meet other guy , who will treat you better, thats for sure) just make sure you know what you actually want from the person - what sort of relationship and how close you want to get....and then you will be fine)
Reply 2
Original post by jrsantosb
Ok. Its been on my head the last couple of weeks and I just need to know whether i should move on from this guy or not...this is the story.

i met him through my friends birthday party like round last xmas..since then, me and him were good friends and yeah, all was good. Then i started to feel something (round March and onwards) for him but i kept it hidden cause i thought it was a little thing and it'll go away soon. Now after the 1st year of college was over (so it's now the summer holidays), i kept teasing him saying "who do u like and blah" and then outta nowhere he said, "its you..." of course i felt shocked and happy but he then said something like "please dont make it awkward" and so i didnt and we kept chattin through msn.

Then we all met up with everyone else during the holidays but HE was the one who was quiet and very distant from me...also this gathering was my birthday party thingy and he rarely talked to me...after that, i sent him a text sayin "why were u like that?? u said for not to be awkward yet ur doing it!!" and he said something like, "i was shy im sorry..." so then yeah...he just dissapeared until the next outing we all were gonna have...it was like 2-3 weeks later and yeah, the gathering happened again.

THIS time, we were talking like normal AND it was fine..i even confessed that i felt the same way that he did..(by the way..this was before we found out about our AS results) so yeah..all was good until results day came...since that day, he dissapeared for a week..hes normally on facebook and stuff but he just dissapeared. so i sent him a text sayin shall we meet up? but he didnt reply (hes rarely got credit..so i heard) and like yeah..i just waited...couple of days after i called him, he said he got crap grades and wanted to do better so hes not gonna be online, not gonna go out and all..and i asked him about the text and he was like "oh i saw it but left it cause i had no credit"...then i ended the convosation and sent him an email saying everything: i like him and all but feel that it may be better if we concentrate on our studies...cause we both wanna get high grades for the unis we wanna go to
...so yeah, i sent him that, and he said he was thinking the same but still wanted us to be friends...so yeah, it was cool. Yeah i do still like him but i knew that i had to move on...so yeah, 2nd year of college started, all was going well until i heard that he STILL feels that way about me...

i heard from my friend that he told him and all his close mates about who he liked (they were playin a game "who likes who" ...and he just said.."i like her but decided not to be in a relationship this year cause im focusin on my grades now. but if we still like each other then maybe..." okay so NOW i dunno whether to actually move on or wait for him...i mean, i dont know!!!! (he's indian by the way and apparently theyre VERY serious about their studies but i have no clue on this)

and then!! the new harry potter movie came out...he did say he was gonna go out to watch that and so we all went out. apparently from september till 2 days before we met up, he had his hair LONG!! as in LONNGGG!! and that he had a haircut before the cinema outing. My friend whos also his friend told me that he done it because of me :s-smilie: but throughout that day, i tried to talk to him, yet he didnt really look directly at me whilst talking. we were always in a group and we all talked yet me and him rarely talked like just us two...we made each other laugh but i felt that he was still abit awkward towards me...........

and NOW i dunno whether to actually wait for him or no....my friends are telling me to move on and stuff but for some reason, i feel as though i should wait but i dunno...does he still feel for me or what? :s-smilie:

maybe he doesnt want to start a realtionship as he may be thinking about family if they find out etc.
some asian fams r very strict im asian too!
maybe that maybe the reason and grades haha yupp a very big thing in us lot lol we still end up with crap grades is he muslim?hindu?
Reply 3
tl;dr version please.
Reply 4
Original post by ashimz
maybe he doesnt want to start a realtionship as he may be thinking about family if they find out etc.
some asian fams r very strict im asian too!
maybe that maybe the reason and grades haha yupp a very big thing in us lot lol we still end up with crap grades is he muslim?hindu?

really?? why so strict though? :s-smilie:
and he's hindu...
but wow i didnt know it was THAT strict O.o
Reply 5
Hmmm sounds like he does like you, but not enough to want to be in a relationship with you...he must know that there's a high chance of you moving on...but still hasn't changed his stance - I mean next is uni if that what he's aiming for - then will he spending all his time focusing on grades then too??! You don't want to end up hung up on one guy for the next 3 years... It is possible to balance a healthy social life & study - just as long as you don't go OTT on either it works out.

I would move on & let this one go as an unrequited crush...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by jrsantosb
really?? why so strict though? :s-smilie:
and he's hindu...
but wow i didnt know it was THAT strict O.o

ahh hindu?that should be fine then!
depending on parents lol!
i dont know really they just are!
good luck though
xo
Reply 7
Cant be bothered reading it.
Reply 8
Tl; dr.

Just ask straight up, do you like me or not? Tell him whether you like him. If both of you just say what you mean, your life will be so much easier.

This conversation is awkward in itself, but due to the directness of it, later conversations are actually less awkward.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending