The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

You should capitalise the nouns :wink: What about Koreans, Japanese, Taiwanese etc?
Reply 21
It's personal preference...

I'm not into old people sexually, doesn't mean I'm ageist.

Use your brain, seriously.
No, just personal preference :dontknow: It's no more racist than not dating a blonde because you don't find blondes attractive is racist.
Reply 23
Nah you're not racist

Chinese because 99% of them are too slight and androgynous, bodies of 12 year old boys. Blacks because I don't find them attractive, and because they're black tbh

.. ok maybe a little
Original post by Drunk Punx
No... a straight man is not attracted to other men because he is not gay; it's his preference concerning attraction. Similarly, just because a white male isn't attracted to members of other races it doesn't make him racist; again, it's just his preference.

To rule someone out PURELY because of their race is definitely racist as it would be to rule out a black person of a job PURELY because of their race. I do agree with you about the preference thing but not all black and chinese women look the same so the idea of ruling out 2.45 billion women does seem racist. I think that having a preference is a much more socially exceptable type of racism but it is nevertheless racist to not include someone in something, albeit a job or a 'type' of person to date just because of the colour of their skin.
Reply 25
I'll never date a black person.

that's because I don't like black features, it's not attractive, neither is dark skin. I've yet to find a 100% black person I personally liked
Reply 26
I kind of think its a bit of a silly question to post. If you dont think your racist then it doesnt matter. But I still dont think it is necessary for u to post it here. I dont think a lot of people care about ur ethnic sexual preferences...
Chinese because 99% of them are too slight and androgynous, bodies of 12 year old boys. Blacks because I don't find them attractive, and because they're black tbh

You've sort of answered your own question with the bold bit above :rolleyes:
Reply 28
ridiculous thread! of course doesn't make you racist-your're just not attracted to them fair enough. I don't think black and Chinese girls are loosing sleep over this!
Original post by emma t
ridiculous thread! of course doesn't make you racist-your're just not attracted to them fair enough. I don't think black and Chinese girls are loosing sleep over this!

Definitely agree with you on that one.
Reply 30
Anonymous
Chinese because 99% of them are too slight and androgynous, bodies of 12 year old boys.

That's xenophobic - hating a particular nationality for some reason. Although I don't like it - it's how you feel and it is fruitless to argue about it.

To clarify xenophobia - a black frenchman walks by. You hate him because he's black - that's racist. You hate him because he's French - that's xenophobic.

Anonymous
Blacks because I don't find them attractive, and because they're black.

If you can't explain why then don't - but it's an awful excuse to say "it's because they're black". It doesn't mean anything.
I just think it's sad to rule out a whole race of people considering you haven't met everywoman belonging to said race.
Original post by emma t

Totally agree.
Reply 33
I had a problem once where i thought Indian girls were all moustache wearing boys. But as time went on i saw hot Indian girls. I believe that there is no way you can not find a race attractive because there are plenty of hot girls in each race, plenty enough for everyone to fancy. I believe that to be True...opinions thrown right out the window.
No.

But apparently in the UK it does, and you are obligated to spend every last waking minute proving to nobody that you are not racist.
I would never date someone non white. I am really only attracted to white women, however some middle eastern and south asian girls can be very attractive. I have never been attracted to black women though and I never will be, but thats just me. It doesnt make you racist.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by rugbyladosc
A straight man not being attracted to men is completely different to a white man not being attracted to 'black or chinese'. A straight man is not attracted to men because he is not gay so by your logic a white man not being attracted to blacks and chinese is because he is racist.

The OP asked if he was racist. Racist, meaning that you hate people of other races. I compared it to homophobia, meaning that you hate gays. The OP clearly doesn't hate people of other races, he just doesn't find them attractive.
Reply 37
Original post by DPLSK
That's xenophobic - hating a particular nationality for some reason. Although I don't like it - it's how you feel and it is fruitless to argue about it.

To clarify xenophobia - a black frenchman walks by. You hate him because he's black - that's racist. You hate him because he's French - that's xenophobic.

Did he actually say that he hated them though? No. He said that he isn't attracted to Chinese girls because, in his words, "99% of them are too slight and androgynous."

Not being attracted and hating at two totally different things, stop trying to tar them both with the same brush.
Reply 38
Original post by rugbyladosc
A straight man not being attracted to men is completely different to a white man not being attracted to 'black or chinese'. A straight man is not attracted to men because he is not gay so by your logic a white man not being attracted to blacks and chinese is because he is racist.

Men have different facial features, bodies, personalities to women. Blacks and Chinese have different facial features bodies and personalities to whites.

THey're both the same thing. Can we please stop this whole "Everyone in the world is exactly the same in everysingle way and it's racist to say otherwise". Yes there are differences, for example yes there is an intelligence difference for between races. Doesn't mean it's racist to point that out.
Original post by insoms
Men have different facial features, bodies, personalities to women. Blacks and Chinese have different facial features bodies and personalities to whites.

THey're both the same thing. Can we please stop this whole "Everyone in the world is exactly the same in everysingle way and it's racist to say otherwise". Yes there are differences, for example yes there is an intelligence difference for between races. Doesn't mean it's racist to point that out.

Did you actually just say that?

Latest

Trending

Trending