The Student Room Group

Public displays of affection. Yay or Nay?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
No, there is a time and a place.

My boyfriend and I both agree we shouldn't do anything like that in front of others because we both know how awkward it makes our friends feel. Plus we're very private people.
Happy to do it myself but hate seeing other people do it.
Reply 42
Fine as long as they aren't being rude (making friends look like 3rd wheels :rolleyes:) or getting in the way (why would you make out in front of a door or staircase. I mean, why?????)
Nay, just keep it private. I'd not like doing it in front of others tbh. :colondollar: Maybe a small kiss, but not a deep snog or even sex.
I find it incredibly annoying.

Holding hands = fine.
Pecking = fine.

Making out? = leave it till home time.
Depends on what it is. Holding hands, arms round each other, pecks on the cheek/lips etc I find fine. Making out and so on is a big no no in public.
I dont mind really.
As long as they're not having a sexual intercourse in public and or not eating each others mouth like there's no tomorrow. :hat:
Reply 47
Don't mind, but maybe it's 'cause I have a boyfriend and I like to stare.

I absolutely hate PDA amongst my friends, and never do anything beyond holding hands. But I have nooooooo problem PDA-ing in public, in front of complete and innocent strangers :sexface:
Original post by Danielle89

What irritates me (and yes Im going to sound like a bitter single person, because that's EXACTLY what i am thank you VERY much) is when people walk around with one hand round the other's waist. I've done this once and it's a very impractical and awkward method of walking, with the only purpose being to show off to people that you've found "love" i.e. someone who's willing to put up with you AND sleep with you on a regular basis.

I get it. You're in a relationship. Now leave me alone with my Quality Street. You may have found love and happiness but I have chocolate.

This made me laugh =D
Original post by Dumdedoobie
What are your thoughts on people who kiss in pubs or clubs/on the street etc?

There's nothing wrong about kissing in pubs or clubs, but on the streets... I don't mind seeing other people kiss, but I've never done it myself. I'd be embarrassed I think.
Reply 50
Original post by felt_monkey
Depends on what it is. Holding hands, arms round each other, pecks on the cheek/lips etc I find fine. Making out and so on is a big no no in public.

Agree!

Though I find it silly that my parents get so angry about me holding hands with or (god forbid) briefly kissing my boyfriend when they're in the vicinity, though he and I joke about it and come to the conclusion that they're just jealous. ^^
Yay, I kiss my girlfriend in public all the time(KISS, not eat her face). Either don't look at it or grow the **** up and realise that people who are together are going to be affectionate towards each other. As long as they're not dry humping etc etc.
(edited 13 years ago)
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, to be quite honest. I like seeing people who are happy with each other's company, even if they are eating each other's faces off.

I have no one to PDA with atm, but I wouldn't be averse to a little sickening couple-ness. Haha.
Reply 53
If your bf/gf does not want to show affection in public then you have to question their love for you.
Reply 54
I dont mind the odd kiss now an again but I hate couples that over do it, always hugging an holding hands, every fb status involves them declaring their undying love, etc they make me feel sick lol you can guarentee theyre gna be split up in a year anyway wise up!
Reply 55
Definitely nay. Holding hands/a quick hug/a quick peck are all fine, but making out/feeling eachother up/standing hugging against a wall is just not nice. It's something you expect a couple of 12 year old emos to do. I used to do it with my previous boyfriend and now I've realised how awkward it is, and having to side-step a couple engaged in full-on tongue action is the most annoying thing ever.
(edited 13 years ago)
Im not a fan of making out in public or going down the street with my bfs hand in my jeans (some people do it:confused: ) but a quick peck on the lips is nice :wink:
Depends. Sometimes i feel uncomfortable doing it, sometimes I don't.

It's definitely not that he's ashamed of you.
Reply 58
Depends, I feel awkward kissing around friends, but holding hands and the occasional kiss is aright when we're out. We don't sit around in public making out, and I wouldn't really want to see anyone else doing that either.
Reply 59
I'm not very PDA'y and it makes me really annoyed/awkward when people are practically dry humping in public.

I don't mind like my boyfriend having his arms around me, pecks on the cheek etc. But anything more just makes me uncomfortable in public! Unless it's been weeks since we've seen each other then big sloppy kisses are okay ;D

So, generally, a 'nay' unless it's just kept to a minimum :smile: oh.. and definitely not around friends, third wheel feeling much?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending