The Student Room Group

Would your change your choice of A Levels?

Scroll to see replies

I'd change politics to German.. but at my school, I was the only person who wanted to do German, so the course didn't run :frown:
Apart from that, I'd not change any of mine for another.
Reply 21
blankspace
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 22
I love my subjects. However I may make a few changes

Currently:
Maths
F. Maths
Chemistry
Biology
History

I have more work in history than my other subjects combined :wink:. I did consider geography but I just enjoyed history more so I took it, I sometimes regret it but my love of history reminds me that's the reason I took it.

Further maths - some uni's don't even count it. However I think it challenges me and I enjoy challenges :giggle:.
However, I wouldn't have mind if I took physics instead - but the reason I didn't take physics is because I find it's all about "moving" as my chemistry teacher described it :giggle:. But I have to do M1 :mad: but it's okay. Wasn't as bad as I'd prepared myself for.

But I'm extremely happy with Maths, Bio, Chem and I definitely wouldn't change them :biggrin: I need Bio/Chem anyway for med and I do generally enjoy the subjects - although Biology can be quite dull, but then again, I enjoy learning new things. Thirst for knowledge I have :cool:
Reply 23
Original post by rugbygreg
As the title states, personally I would swap History for Geography and change my Psychology AS level and do Politics and Government instead.
What would you change?

why? :biggrin:
Reply 24
Original post by Threepigs
I would change Gov + Politics to Psychology or Fine Art.

The subject is bloody dire!

By that, are you suggesting gov + politics is just plain boring or too difficult, or both?
I'd have done Psychology instead of English Lit.
Original post by W.H.T
By that, are you suggesting gov + politics is just plain boring or too difficult, or both?

Well, for my other subjects I'v been getting A's n B's (phil, hist, lit), so I don't necessarily think it's the work that's difficult.

I guess, politics for me is not difficult but just very dull + I got a lazy teacher who doesn't mark our work. =.=
Reply 27
Would have taken maths instead of physics. I enjoy physics, it just seems that maths is more preferred when you're looking into chemistry degrees.
Original post by (:Becca(:
I'd have done Psychology instead of English Lit.

Are you doing the Crucible + Othello?

Oops, you've done AS already, NVM LOL.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
drop biology for french
I would have ditched Media because it was utterly useless to me, and ICT because I cannot stand it at all. Probably would have liked to have done History in place of ICT, and maybe taken something completely different like Physics at AS instead of Media, because I always liked Science and I kind of regret giving up on it completely.
I wouldnt have chosen to do maths, probably would have chosen Classics instead.
Reply 32
Did:Law, English (comb), History and Psychology.

Wish i'd done: Law, History, English Lit and Politics.
Reply 33
Original post by lawology
Did:Law, English (comb), History and Psychology.

Wish i'd done: Law, History, English Lit and Politics.

Politics is honestly the most boring, uninteresting subject ever!
Reply 34
Original post by Lewis :D
Politics is honestly the most boring, uninteresting subject ever!

is it? :frown: i really enjoy law and was hoping it would be similar to that. i just haaaate psychology, with an actual passion. the teachers are all terrible and the classwork is ridiculous - we literally just make posters and leaflets. it should be called arts and crafts; bring out the glitter.
Reply 35
I'd have done Chemistry rather than Psych up to AS level, and done Eng Lit rather than Lit/Lang to full A2 level. But I'm happy with History and Gov/Pol.
I wouldn't. I loved all my subjects and they were a great preparation for uni. I did the subjects in my sig to A-level, except for French which I was going to take as an AS over two years but dropped the winter of year 13 because I didn't have enough time with uni applications. The French course was a bit weird if you ask me but I still don't wish I never took it.
Reply 37
Yes, I would rather do Further maths or Physics instead of ****ing psychology
I would change Law and Health and Social Care to Sociology and Biology
Reply 39
Original post by lawology
is it? :frown: i really enjoy law and was hoping it would be similar to that. i just haaaate psychology, with an actual passion. the teachers are all terrible and the classwork is ridiculous - we literally just make posters and leaflets. it should be called arts and crafts; bring out the glitter.

Yeah, I was hoping it included more discussion and debates but it's learning about pressure groups and ideologies and stuff, it doesn't sound that boring but it seriously is unfortunately :/

Quick Reply

Latest