The Student Room Group

What's a typical argument for you and your bf/gf/partner..?

Comment back in a form of a role play for example:

Me: Hunny what are you doing today?
Boyfriend: Nothing, you?
Me: Let's go to the cinema! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Boyfriend: Do we have to? --- **then the argument begins**

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Me: Are you okay?
Him: I'm fine.
Me: But seriously. You're acting really weird.
Him: I'm fine.

*Repeat ad infinitum or until he admits what the problem is.*

It's not really an argument, though, more just the process I occasionally have to go through to get him to explain why he's acting weird. Generally it's because I've done something a bit silly or annoying. Then we kiss and make up.
Our arguments generally involve food and the amount that I eat. He can't afford to feed me every 2 hours...
Original post by chemical_bex
Our arguments generally involve food and the amount that I eat. He can't afford to feed me every 2 hours...

He's feeding more than you, he's feeding the child aswell.

congrats anyway even though I don't know you that well.
Reply 4
*gf wakes up in the night*
gf: you're still awake??
me: yeah, just working, you know. doing some step questions.
gf: you spill something on your lap?
me: what? OH, no, i mean yes. milk. you know i love milk.
gf: whatcha looking at on the student room?
me: huh? oh nothing, just answering a PM. i'm coming to bed now anyway.
*sleep*
*go to college*
*get home*
me: hey, i'm home
gf: hi. so you left your tabs up last night.
me: ...
gf: i'm just glad you could find someone as fulfilling as crazeh_chickeh351 on the INTERNET. and BOY did she have some nice breasts, i mean REEAAAAAAL nice, bit bigger than mine werent they? and wow, i can't believe she got talking to you! you're one lucky guy, but to then manage to talk to parisennna21 AS WELL? oh you stud, i'm so lucky to be the one you love... oh and those step questions, you ever get around to finishing those? only i found the pdf called step 2 and it's corrupted, i doubt it would have worked at all the last few nights, and what 4chan thread did you have up i wonder? it's long since 404'd but i'm guessing it was a "post your teen chicks" thread, you gotta love those threads right? all those cute girls that post their junk on /b/ for you guys! man, you know what, i am damned lucky to have you in my life, if only because you serve as the ultimate benchmark by which all of my past and future boyfriends can be judged! you're a worthless piece of ****, you know that? all you do is sit at your computer pretending to be searching for jobs whe you're actually just jerking off to 17 year old girls with personality disorders and chatting to girls on the internet who you will never have to deal with at close range - UNLIKE me, your girlfriend, who you strive so hard to distance yourself from and yet insist on staying with just because, well, that's how things are right? no point rocking the boat, especially if there's a chance for some ****ing head now and again AND someone to cook your goddamn dinner. did you ever even consider cooking dinner for me? just ONCE i'd like to see you cook, you said you could cook and yet BUGGER ME we haven't eaten your food at all since we moved in together. **** you, **** your food, **** your sluts, **** your stupid ****ing face, **** your ****ty little life.
me: we having omelette tonight? i just need to know because though you do all the cooking it is mainly because i CAN cook while you tend to burn everything and leave it stuck to the pan and all over the hobs. and you can't give head to save a life, i think i probably should find someone else.
*days pass*
*phone rings*
gf: hey.
me: what?
gf: just... wanted to know what ya doin. :3
me: masturbating, playing fallout 3 with mods, watching the outer limits and eating ... uh... cereal.
gf: you INSENSITIVE *******! i actually rang so we could maybe talk about what happened, patch things up, get back together! but no, you--
me: okay lady, here's what happened. you're used to having me - or rather, someone - around and you liked that you could tell your friends that you were in a stable relationship with the man of your dreams. it gave you status and gave them something to envy, in spite of your young age and the ridiculousness of any such claims at this age; you missed being told that you are pretty because the fact is that you're kinda plain and being with me was a big kick for your ego, not least because i used to say you were pretty so we'd segway from such a comment to having some serious sexy times. you're primarily annoyed that you cannot narcissistically whore about and receive my attention any more and that there is no one else in the immediate vicinity for you to get attention from. fortunately, you DO have a TSR account and there is a very good health and relationship section. give it a try bro.
*hang up*
Original post by jolteon
:blah:

Impressive. :awesome:

"Hey can you turn that music down please? I've got a bad headache"
"NOU"
":dry:"
We don't argue, It'll be a year in 2 weeks and we have "proper argued" about once. It wasn't even proper arguin now that I think back about it, probably just me freakin out :/

Well if it helps our typical conversations are like somethin like this, I meow a lot and practically clings on his arms, and we sorta bicker about who's the dominant in the relationship (he still doesn't admit to be the b*tch, even though it's so obvious and everyone else thinks so xD) and who's the weirdest... ^w^;;

...now that i think about it, we haven't had a conversation in a long time without the involvement of meowing, nomming and the little arguements about who's the dominant and/or the weirdest... O____o
We've never had a proper argument. 1 year today.
Reply 8
Me: I don't want to go to kendo.
BF: What's wrong this time?
Me: Something bad is gonna happen, I'm going to make a fool of myself.
BF: You're not going to make a fool of yourself, you're just being paranoid.
Me: I'm not paranoid, they don't like me, they think I'm weird, I'm not good enough!

This continues until I leave for kendo. Every week.
Not really an arguement, rather a discussion with irrationality on my side and frustrated rationality on his side.
That's about all the conflict we get.
Reply 9
Original post by Rob da Mop
We've never had a proper argument. 1 year today.

ditto.
other than our anniversary was at the weekend.
I don't think my boyfriend and I have ever argued...

He definitely says stupid things though. He started university this September and although I completely trust him usually, my trust waves slightly when he's drunk and I'm not with him. I told him my worries and he came out with, 'The only girl I'd probably get with is Devon as she's quite flirty'. Men are just idiots sometimes.
Original post by DreadfullyFun
Me: I don't want to go to kendo.
BF: What's wrong this time?
Me: Something bad is gonna happen, I'm going to make a fool of myself.
BF: You're not going to make a fool of yourself, you're just being paranoid.
Me: I'm not paranoid, they don't like me, they think I'm weird, I'm not good enough!

This continues until I leave for kendo. Every week.
Not really an arguement, rather a discussion with irrationality on my side and frustrated rationality on his side.
That's about all the conflict we get.

You need a more ken-do attitude.
Reply 12
*walking down street holding hands with (ex) girlfriend*
gf: omg, she was checking you out wasn't she?!
me: ...i dunno, was she? I wasn't concentrating..
gf: she ****ing was wasn't she? omfg I can't believe her!
me: seriously, it's ok, take it as a compliment that you have an attractive boyfriend
gf: HOW ****ING DARE SHE?! can't she see you're blatantly with me?!

and this would go round in circles. every single time an even remotely attractive girl glanced my way in the street. we bickered a lot about general things but it kept our relationship fun :biggrin: it's a lot easier now I'm single though, I don't have to keep on wondering what'll set her off on one.
Reply 13
Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal
You need a more ken-do attitude.

Excellent! :giggle:
Never really had a 'proper' argument. But we normally argue over how late he is, or over words!
Reply 15
i can be a paranoid bitch when i'm drunk, it's the only time we argue
Reply 16
Never had one lol. :awesome:
Reply 17
I once had an argument with my boyfriend over the time. I swear to god it was 12:35, and he was just being a dick. haha
Reply 18
I don't get why people are so happy they never had an argument, it's part of a long-term relationship and only when you've had a few big ones can you see whether it'd last the difficult parts or not.

We argue all the time now, mostly me bringing up things which makes me unhappy. Sometimes it's unreasonable - his ex; sometimes it's not. Sometimes it's just to spice things up. There's no fixed pattern except I'm always the one finding faults.
Reply 19
me: *rings boyfriend* babe, where are you?
bf: i'm on my way, sorry I got distracted and went to FRIEND's house on the way to play FIFA/red dead
me: thanks for calling me to tell me - you were supposed to be here three hours ago!
bf: sorry!
me: *hangs up, gets angry and ignores bf*
bf: *arrives, give me a kiss and looks sad with puppy dog eyes*
me: ohh you're just too cute! what would you like me to make you for dinner?

I'm such a pushover.
We've only ever had about two really serious arguments in three years, the rest of the time they are just petty disagreements.

Though he does piss me off when he won't hold my hand in public. :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending