The Student Room Group

Do geeks made good husbands

I'm muslim and this family has asked my hand in proposal for their son. It came as a shock and it was sudden. The problem is that he's a geek. He's very much into computers etc. He is extremely intelligent, and has a very respectful job but am not sure whether i want to marry him. He seems very shy and at social parties he tends to exclude himself, but on the other hand he's so caring and a true gentleman and never ever takes out his anger. Help me please

Scroll to see replies

Speaking from someone who is in a long term relationship with a geek, yes they make good partners, but obviously it depends on the guy, some geeks wont. My geek is pretty outgoing, he was chairman of the school council (which is like head boy/girl at my school) and he now has a good job building killer robots for national defense. Your geek doesnt sound as outgoing - i dont know arranged marriages work, but defo try to get to know him first.
Marry for love?

No?

...stupid me.
Reply 3
Whatever you decide please promise me you will never reproduce!
Some people would love a geek for a husband, some people wouldn't. Everyone has individual preferences, if he is not yours, don't marry him.
Some geeks are good husbands, some are average, some are good, same as any other social group
arranged marriage LOL

Muslims crack me up :rofl:

They're so backwards :biggrin:
Though there are many religious doctrines/practices that I disagree with, I don't take issue with arranged marriages in principle; I don't see that they are necessarily any worse than romantic marriages, generally speaking. So you may as well give him a chance, unless you have any grave reservations, since you may well come to love him, and he you.
Reply 8
I can't believe your describing your future husband as a geek. He deserves better than someone like yourself.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm muslim and this family has asked my hand in proposal for their son. It came as a shock and it was sudden. The problem is that he's a geek. He's very much into computers etc. He is extremely intelligent, and has a very respectful job but am not sure whether i want to marry him. He seems very shy and at social parties he tends to exclude himself, but on the other hand he's so caring and a true gentleman and never ever takes out his anger. Help me please

I hear they double up as a calculator.

Though, theism prefers the illogical.
Go on a date? :biggrin: get to know him? it doesn't matter if geeks make good husbands or not cos if you don't feel that spark of attraction for him, it's not worth it
He sounds very nice (if a bit shy) from the way you described him though :smile:
Reply 11
well you wont find out unless you try it :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous

Meet him, talk to him and see if you like him. Does he share similar interests? Do you find him physically attractive?

Those are only some questions you need to be asking yourself. In Islam, no one is forcing you to marry someone you don't want to. So be sure you like the guy before tieing the knot.
I'm living with a geek, and mine is caring and nice, the only problem really is the amount of time he spends on his computer rather than doing anything remotely useful.
Original post by zxh800
Meet him, talk to him and see if you like him. Does he share similar interests? Do you find him physically attractive?

Those are only some questions you need to be asking yourself. In Islam, no one is forcing you to marry someone you don't want to. So be sure you like the guy before tieing the knot.

Top advice right here: before you choose to spend the rest of your life with someone make sure you 'like' them.

Thanks for sharing your great wisdom.
Reply 15
I'd have thought a good husband is somebody you love who's caring, kind to you, looks after you, etc. Not really my place to give my opinion on arranged marrages, but I will say there's more to being a good husband than being a geek or not. Kind of silly to generalise.
Reply 16
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH
Top advice right here: before you choose to spend the rest of your life with someone make sure you 'like' them.

Thanks for sharing your great wisdom.

:beard:
If he's a geek with good earning power then could be a good option.....provide you with a nice lifestyle and geeks are generally a bit lacking in social awareness so they are less likely to find out when you have an affair
Reply 18
Geek = crap with the willy but good with the licky
Perhaps with my vastly excessive amounts of free time I should try writing some sort of Bayesian troll-filter...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending