The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Why would I make such an un-funny troll? Also, it's masochists that enjoy pain; sadists enjoy causing it (and no, I'm not a sadist.)

Anyway, I've spoken to her - see the post above your own. :wink:

Oh machisists well it's two am and I've got prelims tomorrow so bear with me
I'm glad you've spoken to her r u cool again?.If you are that's the most important thing here.

Glad to be of not much use lol
to little
to late

Regards Tom
Reply 121
Original post by AwsomePossum
Oh machisists well it's two am and I've got prelims tomorrow so bear with me
I'm glad you've spoken to her r u cool again?.If you are that's the most important thing here.

Glad to be of not much use lol
to little
to late

Regards Tom

We appear to be cool again. :p: Good - I really do love her.
Reply 122
My friend tried to strangle me a few years ago, it doesn't come from nowhere.
I don't go to parties, and she'd find it hard to believe even I wouldn't report a random mugger. She won't be wondering which family member, because I don't speak to half of my family (so she'll just assume it's there and that she'll never meet him) and she understands I don't want to dwell on it.

Like I say, she would have reported him to the police if she'd even thought it was him (not usually a good liar, kind of surprised myself tonight) and, to be honest, I didn't think the root of it had anything to do with her.

What about it specifically would scare you? Imagine this is someone you've spent nearly three years of your life with, who has never shouted, never thrown his arms around in anger, always tried to make your life easier and help your pain. In fact, the only time you've seen him angry is when he tackled the mugger that stole your bag. You already know he has a problem with this one part of his body.

Why would an out-of-character one-off reaction to that part being touched scare you?

Because i'd think if he hit me over something like that, the I can expect a lot more. 3 years is long but sometimes even a life time isn' enough to get to know someone. But other than that, maybe she might just need a few days alone and she'll be back to normal. U said she understand anyway :biggrin:
Original post by oh-sugarrr
Because i'd think if he hit me over something like that, the I can expect a lot more. 3 years is long but sometimes even a life time isn' enough to get to know someone. But other than that, maybe she might just need a few days alone and she'll be back to normal. U said she understand anyway :biggrin:

3 years is more than enough to get to know someone. If you spend 3 days with someone you'll know them well enough to have an opinion on their character.
OMG HOW THE HELL COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?!

Seriously though? I do the same thing if someone touches my feet. I hate feet. I hate people touching my feet. I hate seeing feet. FEET CREEP ME OUT! People learn very quickly not to touch my feet unless they want a boot in the face! (It's honestly better being a girl, ever considered a sex change)

You could try by taking your girl out or cooking a meal (please don't think a chinese is 'cooking' a meal :P) or by buying her something she really loves or by telling her a hundred times how much you love her and how much you didn't mean it! Honestly... It's not that difficult of a situation!
Reply 126
Original post by converselove
OMG HOW THE HELL COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?!

Seriously though? I do the same thing if someone touches my feet. I hate feet. I hate people touching my feet. I hate seeing feet. FEET CREEP ME OUT! People learn very quickly not to touch my feet unless they want a boot in the face! (It's honestly better being a girl, ever considered a sex change)

You could try by taking your girl out or cooking a meal (please don't think a chinese is 'cooking' a meal :P) or by buying her something she really loves or by telling her a hundred times how much you love her and how much you didn't mean it! Honestly... It's not that difficult of a situation!

I've talked with her. We're fine now, although no more necks thank goodness.
I was expecting Falcon Punch.

There is no Falcon Punch.

Shame on you.
Original post by Law123mus
3 years is more than enough to get to know someone. If you spend 3 days with someone you'll know them well enough to have an opinion on their character.

Yeah but sometimes people do unexpected things, (not like this one) and you just think :|. But yeah I get what u mean anyway:smile: just sometimes these things happen
Oh dear. I'm not surprised she is a bit jumpy.

I fear you have scared her rigid.

It is a little worrying that you have a psychological problem with anyone touching your neck. Rather than trying to find a solution to this yourself by using your girlfriend maybe you should seek professional counselling.

Reacting like this is not normal behaviour.

If you truly love your girlfriend then tell her you are getting professional help and do it. They will know and understand why you reacted the way you did and perhaps you could take your girlfriend along to one of the sessions and together you will work through this bad experience. It is as important to her as it is to you .She will be having doubts I'm sure about your relationship (any girl would after that) and you may well lose her.
Wtf is ****in wrong with you man, leave the guy alone u cold hearted little migit! NO one need your nasty ****ed up coments!
Reply 131
Original post by lingamsusan
Oh dear. I'm not surprised she is a bit jumpy.

I fear you have scared her rigid.

It is a little worrying that you have a psychological problem with anyone touching your neck. Rather than trying to find a solution to this yourself by using your girlfriend maybe you should seek professional counselling.

Reacting like this is not normal behaviour.

If you truly love your girlfriend then tell her you are getting professional help and do it. They will know and understand why you reacted the way you did and perhaps you could take your girlfriend along to one of the sessions and together you will work through this bad experience. It is as important to her as it is to you .She will be having doubts I'm sure about your relationship (any girl would after that) and you may well lose her.

I know why - my friend tried to strangle me a few years ago, anyone touching my neck now is horrible.

Anyway, we've talked, got it all out in the open and are fine now.
I've talked with her. We're fine now, although no more necks thank goodness.

well that's good, just remind her not to touch your neck and all will be good
Reply 133
Original post by *Lollo*
This. You sound like a violent bull. Of course you didn't mean to hurt her - but you still did. What's going to happen if your boss gives you a pat on the shoulder one day and randomly touches your neck? Will he end up in the hospital? Get yourself sorted out.

ROLF!
Reply 134
It's not like I meant to... And I don't 'smack women', I had one instinctive reaction to one act and deeply regret it.

Anyway, I talked with her and we sorted everything out. :smile:
Reply 135
You DON'T hit woman.
Accident or not, if you can't control yourself then leave her alone.
I don't care if you meant to or not, let her find a guy she can kiss without a broken nose!
I have accidentally hit my boyfriend. One time I punched him in the nose so hard it crunched. He's accidentally whacked me once or twice, too. We are clumsy people who share a small bed! I'm also really ticklish, so I know where you're coming from with the neck-touching. It happens.

Well, I say we are clumsy people, but really it's mostly me.
Reply 137
smooth move
Reply 138
Ok, you're just a troll and I'm ignoring you now.

Original post by 4994mm
You DON'T hit woman.
Accident or not, if you can't control yourself then leave her alone.
I don't care if you meant to or not, let her find a guy she can kiss without a broken nose!

FFS, it did not break her nose. It didn't even bruise!

Original post by T-Toe
smooth move

What do you mean?
Reply 139

What do you mean?

I think you've frightened the poor girl. I know it was a complete accident. But you're going to have accept that fact that she way be a bit weary around you. When last did speak to her about this incident? She obviously loves you too and has forgiving you. I know you're picking out changes in her behaviour because you feel guilty, but try not to pester her too much. Give her time. From your thread, you seem like a real gentleman and any girl would be lucky to have you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending