The Student Room Group

UCL + Cambridge acceptance/rejection letters

Hi guys :smile: I have 2 questions to ask, hoping someone will know the answer...

Firstly, I had my interview at UCL on the 24th of November for English, and at the interview, the interviewers said I should receive my letter within 3-5 weeks of the inerview itself. Today I had a brief look at the English department's admission procedure on their website and it said no letters will be sent out until after the January the 15th deadline...which is it?!

Secondly, I had my interview at Trinity Hall to read English on Wednesday and the interviewers said I should hear some time between Christmas and New Year, and yet their website states that applicants will receive their letters in the first week or two of January. I know this isn't really important as they are only a couple of weeks apart but I don't want to be frantically checking the post every day in expectation of a letter when it won't be delivered until after the new year!

Reply 1
Hey, I cant help with your question but Ive applied to Trinity Hall too and had my interview last week! Good luck :smile: x
Reply 2
I think sometimes they forget to update the websites, just go with what the person at your interviews said :smile: good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by georgiamingles
Hi guys :smile: I have 2 questions to ask, hoping someone will know the answer...

Firstly, I had my interview at UCL on the 24th of November for English, and at the interview, the interviewers said I should receive my letter within 3-5 weeks of the inerview itself. Today I had a brief look at the English department's admission procedure on their website and it said no letters will be sent out until after the January the 15th deadline...which is it?!

Secondly, I had my interview at Trinity Hall to read English on Wednesday and the interviewers said I should hear some time between Christmas and New Year, and yet their website states that applicants will receive their letters in the first week or two of January. I know this isn't really important as they are only a couple of weeks apart but I don't want to be frantically checking the post every day in expectation of a letter when it won't be delivered until after the new year!

go by what they told you at the interview.They just say that thing on the website to cover their backs in case things are late.
I had my interview november 25th last year and got my ucas updated on the 22nd december, not quite 2-3 weeks but sooner than the website said. good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Pheebs1201
Hey, I cant help with your question but Ive applied to Trinity Hall too and had my interview last week! Good luck :smile: x

Ooh how did it go?? I've fallen head over heels in love with Trinity Hall!
Reply 5
Original post by sundogs
go by what they told you at the interview.They just say that thing on the website to cover their backs in case things are late.
I had my interview november 25th last year and got my ucas updated on the 22nd december, not quite 2-3 weeks but sooner than the website said. good luck!

Wow well congrats for getting in! My interview went so terribly I'm just waiting for that rejection! So did they notify you by email/ucas before you received a letter then?
Reply 6

I know its so beautiful! No idea how it went to be honest, but expecting a rejection. Where else have you applied? Fingers crossed I'll see you there in September :wink: :smile:
Reply 7

I seem to remember that Cambridge hand out letters around the 5th (or it might have been the 15th) of january. Good luck!
Reply 8
Original post by Pheebs1201
I know its so beautiful! No idea how it went to be honest, but expecting a rejection. Where else have you applied? Fingers crossed I'll see you there in September :wink: :smile:

Apart from UCL and Cambridge I've applied to Bristol, Durham and KCL. How about you?
go with what youve been told by the actual department :smile: i got my UCL letter two days after my interview (for chemistry) and a friend got his medicine offer letter a week after his interview, so they definitely do send them out before - might be different for english though im not sure :smile:
Apart from UCL and Cambridge I've applied to Bristol, Durham and KCL. How about you?

Bristol Warwick Cardiff and Exeter. :-)
Reply 11
Generally, all Cambridge colleges send out their decisions by post on the 5th Jan :smile:
Have you heard from either of them yet? :smile: xx

Not yet...the anticipation is actually killing me!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending