The Student Room Group

I dont get it

I want to be a doctor.

At leeds universtiy, here's the link:

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/coursefinder/17846/MBChB_Medicine_and_Surgery

That will make me a doctor, but it says:

GCSE:
Atleast 6 B'S. So that means the least you can get.

And what are the possible rejections.

Scroll to see replies

I don't really understand your question :/
(edited 13 years ago)
ring them.
Reply 3
eh? i don't get your post??
Reply 4
What are you meaning ? First of all, are you afraid of seeing blood ?
Reply 5
Original post by calvin_one
What are you meaning ? First of all, are you afraid of seeing blood ?

Hi no I love blood lol.
Im saying if you got say 6 B's and 3 A* and excellent a-levels.
Then would you get into a uni easily.
Reply 6
Original post by My Life
Hi no I love blood lol.

That won't happen.
Reply 7
Original post by My Life
Hi no I love blood lol.

are you retarded or something?
Original post by My Life
Hi no I love blood lol.

If you genetically modify food to make it grow in any conditions and with no costs then you can solve the whole issue of world hunger too...

......oh wait........
What an odd thread. I don't see this going anywhere tbh.
(edited 13 years ago)
And what? You love blood?

Vampireeee! :lol:
Original post by hidden_desire

Vampireeee! :lol:

:rofl:
I think i know what you're asking
I have applied leeds
Remeber 6 B's is a MINNIMUM. Medicine is fiercly competitive and you need a whole host of things that aren't just decent academic results.
You'll be competing against people with Insane GCSE results not just 6 B's But most of leeds Scoring system is done on your non academic criteria (Personal statement + Refference).
they score your application out of 46. the academic section is out of 16 and the non academic makes up the rest.
If you're serious about medicine you'll also have a lot of relevant work exp or voulnteering.
Oh and be a balanced individual.
I havn't really scratched the surface but essentially what im saying is Medicine applications are never easy. And it's not just academic criteria they ask you to fill.
Oh and you cant get the full 16 out of 16 untill you have A level results in hand. You are also required to Sit the UKCAT.
Hope I helped
Reply 13
Original post by joemullally
I think i know what you're asking
I have applied leeds
Remeber 6 B's is a MINNIMUM. Medicine is fiercly competitive and you need a whole host of things that aren't just decent academic results.
You'll be competing against people with Insane GCSE results not just 6 B's But most of leeds Scoring system is done on your non academic criteria (Personal statement + Refference).
they score your application out of 46. the academic section is out of 16 and the non academic makes up the rest.
If you're serious about medicine you'll also have a lot of relevant work exp or voulnteering.
Oh and be a balanced individual.
I havn't really scratched the surface but essentially what im saying is Medicine applications are never easy. And it's not just academic criteria they ask you to fill.
Oh and you cant get the full 16 out of 16 untill you have A level results in hand. You are also required to Sit the UKCAT.
Hope I helped

Thanks
Reply 14
In the majority of cases, you can completely discount 'minimum' grades for medicine. A few exceptions do exist, for example only needing a handful of C's for Newcastle, but on the whole the more the better. I remember looking at the Edinburgh prospectus for 2009 entry (iirc) and the requirement being 'BBB' for some reason. I never really figured out why that was.
Reply 15
Original post by Beska
In the majority of cases, you can completely discount 'minimum' grades for medicine. A few exceptions do exist, for example only needing a handful of C's for Newcastle, but on the whole the more the better. I remember looking at the Edinburgh prospectus for 2009 entry (iirc) and the requirement being 'BBB' for some reason. I never really figured out why that was.

That doesnt make sense to me :/. Most unis want specific grades say English/Maths at grade B or higher, and some want at least 5-8 A/A*s (Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Liverpool and UEA come to mind).

Also the BBB at A-level applies to 1st year entry of the 4yr Medical Sciences course at Edinburgh instead of Medicine.
Original post by calvin_one
First of all, are you afraid of seeing blood ?

How the hell did you get to that from the OP?

Original post by hidden_desire

Indeed; blood is something which is very close to my heart.
Reply 17
Original post by Eddie91
That doesnt make sense to me :/. Most unis want specific grades say English/Maths at grade B or higher,

My point was, in that example just because you have a grade B in Maths and English doesn't mean it is good enough to get in. This is especially true for universities which score you on your GCSE's etc.
Original post by Phalanges
How the hell did you get to that from the OP?

Indeed; blood is something which is very close to my heart.

:rolleyes:
It's a riddle. I'm onto you, OP. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending