The Student Room Group

Why do the super fit girls like House/Dance music while the ugly girls like Rock?

Scroll to see replies

check out some of the suicidegirls man
Original post by Broderss
a way of identifying with a group of people to hide their selves?

ditto.:cool:
Original post by dnumberwang
you'd do Hayley Williams though

I used to think that.

Then I sort of met her (Nothing major just shook her hand) and she is so petite !! I'm only 5''10 and I'm a skinny guy but still she is too small.
Reply 23
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
Swop "rock" for "pop......ESPECIALLY boybands" and you'll only be 50 % wrong
Also super fit girls don't like house n dance. I've noticed they're all skinny and shapeless. You've got ****ed up taste

pop isn't really a music type.

you, sir, have no taste in girls. we don't want no fat, depressed, unsocial, self hating bitch. we want fun, energetic, slim girls who look good with and without clothes.
Reply 24
Original post by Hot.Chocolate
HAHAHAHAHA. i love this thread.
i think it's bcs fugly girls try to find a way to hide themselves.. so since rock ( wootttaaa **** music) makes u dress weird n act weird or waeva.. so it's like a camouflage

Id rather listen to rock music than be a moron, love.
Ugly chicks like rock?

Have you seen a lot of Indie and or Emo girls recently? Nuff said
Reply 26
Because pretty girls are stupid and have no taste in music.

Wait, did I just make a huge generalisation? My bad..I thought that's what this thread was all about :wink:
Reply 27
I think this a very biast thread, probably based upon your own stereotype of, as you say, "greebos". Lots of "hot" people listen to rock, lots of "ugly" people don't. You need to remember that beauty if subjective (yes, I know there is a fine line between beautiful and fugly, but it's still all based upon opinion). If you believe that "fit" girls listen to dance and club music then fair enough, but I think you're being very stereotypical when you don't take into consideration that beauty is in the eye of beholder, and that many people listen to a variety of music.
Reply 28
Original post by concubine
I'm like, so totally trolled right now.

NICE ONE!123

take a look at what a troll actually is brah.

then come back and apologise to me.
Because slipknot's main thing is that they don't fit in or aren't accepted so naturally people who have a hard time in society with regards to their looks or their style will be drawn to them, dance and what not on the other hand is often about enjoying yourself with other people so naturally people who love themselves or have had a pretty good time in life will follow that crowd, and my guess is that these people have done well socially because they are good looking / confident etc. If you enjoy being with people you probably get a lot out of it which means you might be good looking.

Most people who go to clubs probably go there because they want to get with girls/lads etc. which means there's probably a good chance of finding better looking people there as they know this is where to go to have the best chance of finding other good looking people
Because there are too many lights at the house/dance concerts, so we would be able to see the ugly girls. So they hide at the dark rock concerts where we cant see their shameful ugliness.
Original post by Trigger
Id rather listen to rock music than be a moron, love.

either way the best music ever isreggae.. No joke, just get a pack of weed.. smoke it... and listen to some reggae :colondollar:
That makes no sense whatsoever OP.
Reply 33
Original post by ipulledhermione
Maybe because each generally sing about stuff they can relate or dutty wine to? :dontknow:

I like rock.

i don't believe you :smile:
Define 'fugly'.
Define 'hot'...
I'm slightly biased as i'm a girl into rock music. I was at Download this year and there were loads of pretty girls. And i'm not a lesbian lol.
I think there are pretty girls who fit into each subculture, isn't that what makes one person attractive to a certain type and vice versa?
Original post by danadd9
> Implying Antonia87 isn't a direct refutation of this

Tbh, she is a metalhead who really likes Lady GaGa :p:.

I dunno, I think maybe the house/dance girls are much more into looking glamorous and doing the fashion and makeup of that style. And the rock girls are less into looking pretty like that? :dontknow:
Reply 36
Original post by Broderss
i don't believe you :smile:

lol aren't you that racist guy?

Don't like racism, but your banter is funny.

U mad uggs?
Reply 37
Original post by crazyunicorn133
Define 'fugly'.
Define 'hot'...
I'm slightly biased as i'm a girl into rock music. I was at Download this year and there were loads of pretty girls. And i'm not a lesbian lol.
I think there are pretty girls who fit into each subculture, isn't that what makes one person attractive to a certain type and vice versa?

Totally agree. I was going to be going last year but didn't =/
It's because the dance scene requires a certain look that is a look that emphasises skin and what not, whereas the rock scene, or parts of it, emphasises accessories and expressions of artists that are meant to be fairly obscure or diverse.

There's no way of correlation between fitness and music tbh, not to mention that many people, if not most, don't actually go to clubs or gigs regularly despite their preffered music genre; so I don't think you have much of a point.

Uh, also, the culture and lyrics of the music itself dictate what the followers will look like. "Shake your booty" will have a different effect from "Trash this party", haha what an example, but you get it.
Reply 39
Original post by mirin?
lol aren't you that racist guy?

Don't like racism, but your banter is funny.

U mad uggs?

gtfo bish

Quick Reply

Latest