The Student Room Group

Kaunas - Lithuania

Scroll to see replies

Original post by She_Bittersweet
We traded out independence? Do you realize how stupid this sounds?Its lithuanian, established by lithuanians and for centuries belonged to Lithuania, plus Poland occupied the city for a few years but that was it.

Anyway in case you come to Lithuania never say what you just told you me, if you want to come back safely :rolleyes:

[EDIT] 0.8% []of the population was Lithuanian. How the hell can you say it was occupied then, it was occupied by Lithuania, and the Polish populationed rebelled. Oh I'm sure the local barbarians are quite terrifying, I don't plan on setting my foot in that parasitic hole.

Also, Lithuania belonged to Poland for centuries so that nullifies your argument a little.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by domino0806
5% of the population was Lithuanian. How the hell can you say it was occupied then, it was occupied by Lithuania, and the Polish populationed rebelled. Oh I'm sure the local barbarians are quite terrifying, I don't plan on setting my foot in that parasitic hole.

Also, Lithuania belonged to Poland for centuries so that nullifies your argument a little.

United republic doesnt mean that it belonged to Poland.It wasnt established by Polish and been there for centuries without any relation whatsoever with Poland only later on once they had united republic it was both lithuanian and polish.And its not Polish anymore deal with the reality.I dont see any point continuing this because its in Lithuania not in Poland therefore get over it.
Original post by She_Bittersweet
United republic doesnt mean that it belonged to Poland.It wasnt established by Polish and been there for centuries without any relation whatsoever with Poland only later on once they had united republic it was both lithuanian and polish.And its not Polish anymore deal with the reality.I dont see any point continuing this because its in Lithuania not in Poland therefore get over it.

Lithuania did practically belong to Poland seeing as its entire nobility was Polonised, and Lithuanians formed a minority in Lithuania itself, never mind the Commonwealth.
Also it was universally referred to as The Most Serene Republic of Poland and Lithuanian wasn't even recognised as an official language in it.

Quick Reply

Latest