The Student Room Group

Help! My friend constantly talks about Skin Bleaching and nose surgery.. (black)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Skin cancer, don't do it.

In Europe, is there a rift between light skinned and dark skinned? In america, mainly in the south there sort of is. This movie scene(spike lee ftw) from the 80s shows what I mean. There's a saying over here; light, bright, almost white... I wonder if it crossed the pond...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtfEmTHeYNw

I am interested to hear how mixed people view themselves in europe, culturaly, racialy, whatever. I'm tri-racial myself.
This isn't just a black thing.

My friend is just as bad.

She's white but tans LOADS and has already had a nose job, boobjob and eye lift and is only 19 :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 122
I'm a pasty white, freckled Norwegian, and I've never cared about tanning. I think pale skin is pretty. I live in Northern Europe, not some very hot place. We are who we are.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
No, and beauty doesn't come in colours you idiot :angry:.
I can't even be bothered to reply further to such an unintelligent person such as yourself.

Sorry, I don't ever call people names but, gosh you really deserve it.

Cherrycherryboomboom should NEVER be called unintelligent. She's making a very valid point.
Reply 124
Original post by Luceria
I'm a pasty white, freckled Norwegian, and I've never cared about tanning. I think pale skin is pretty. I live in Northern Europe, not some very hot place. We are who we are.

So what do you think about dark skin?

Original post by Asha5692
Cherrycherryboomboom should NEVER be called unintelligent. She's making a very valid point.

Yes, I'm sorry she was soo right (!) :rolleyes: Beauty does come in colours (!) :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen

She's white but tans LOADS and has already had a nose job, boobjob and eye lift and is only 19 :frown:

Jesus christ is that her in the pic. I honestly thought she was light black/mixed race.
Tell her from me that she is FRIGGIN GORGEOUS, and if shes ever in London, give me a call :biggrin:

I am completely serious.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 126
Original post by Anonymous
So what do you think about dark skin?

That doesn't have anything to do with what I was saying. It's just as nice. Like I said, we are who we are. The reason I said I think pale skin is pretty, because I'm sick of people talking bad about it. I'm sick of hearing girls my age despair over how pale they are, and how disgusting they think their own pale skin is. It's time for this obession with being tan to stop. I say embrace your paleness!

"Ooh, are you sick?"
" I'm so pale, I look dead!"
"I really need some colour. I can't look like this!"

etc. Last summer I was reading a fashion magazine, and a woman actually complained when they used normal pale women as models. They looked " dead"
and "creepy" according to her. :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)

'sno way she's white.
Original post by Lewroll
Jesus christ is that her in the pic. I honestly thought she was light black/mixed race.
Tell her from me that she is FRIGGIN GORGEOUS, and if shes ever in London, give me a call :biggrin:

I am completely serious.

HAHAHA.

No that's not her. I just use that photo at the end of every post.
Reply 129

Why are you posing a pic of your friend on the internet? :lolwut:

Even so, I can't believe she's white... wow. She's still pretty though :o:
HAHAHA.

No that's not her. I just use that photo at the end of every post.

Dont joke with me buddy, i am bloody serious. She has to be one of the most stunningy gorgeous girls ive ever seen in my life. You have to hook me up mate. Please. What city are you in?

Is she completely white or is she mixed. When i saw her pic my face was literally like this:eek:

Oh btw i suggest you take that pic off now, theres some weirdos on the internet
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lewroll
Dont joke with me buddy, i am bloody serious. She has to be one of the most stunningy gorgeous girls ive ever seen in my life. You have to hook me up mate. Please. What city are you in?

Is she completely white or is she mixed. When i saw her pic my face was literally like this:eek:

Oh btw i suggest you take that pic off now, theres some weirdos on the internet

DONE!
Original post by Left Hand Drive
But white chicks are always trying to get darker?

LMAO makes me feel awesome being mixed-raced :biggrin:
DONE!

Lol you arent paying attention to my desperate pleas :frown:
Looks like im going to have to befriend you to get to her.

Hi im Lewroll, i notice you are new to tsr, do you want to add me as a friend?
Im renowned all over tsr for my witty comments and humourous outlook on life.
a/s/l?
Reply 134
Original post by Guy Secretan
racist prick

I'm not a raciest, in my eyes black people or people of anyoter race are equalls and sould be treted no diffrently based on their physical attributes. However, from an evolutionary prespective of beauty (which is like 95% of people standards) black women are are testostrone pumped, biged nosed uglies.
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
This made me go "aww" out loud :console:. Is this how a lot of young mixed race people feel? Cos I never thought of it that way before.

I don't know about other mixed raced kids, but when i was 8 i met my first ever mixed raced friend and i didn't feel like a weirdo.
Original post by Lewroll
-_-
Glad i made you smile. Oh look, we both live in london, how convenient:perv:

Ha lol, we do
Original post by BambieWambie
Ha lol, we do

You dont seem very interested -_-
I will just get my coat :frown:
Original post by Lewroll
You dont seem very interested -_-
I will just get my co at :frown:
No, don't go. I didnt mean to sound mean.
Original post by BambieWambie
No, don't go. I didnt mean to sound mean.

Too late for that mate. I poured my heart out to you and you tossed me aside like a cheap suit. We could have had something special :bawling: although my offer is still open

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending