The Student Room Group

The bullying argument against gay adoption...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Converse
Why give a bully more ammunition?
These kids need a stable home. Just because they could get bullied anyway, doesn't mean that you shouldn't do what you can to try and prevent them from being targets.

Children of single parents? I think not..

Are you honestly trying to say that kids with only one parent don't get bullied because of it? I was bullied when I was younger because it was just me and my mum, and my dad was dead. There are people who'll stoop to that level.
Reply 21
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
I'm not saying they shouldn't have children Because they will get bullied, I don't think they should for numerous other reasons, this being one of the least significant. Also, people seem to think the only alternative to a children having homosexual parents is being in a care home/orphanage, which is just clearly not true. You can call me homophobic all you want, I'm not, I'm just not scared to give my opinion as far as this is concerned.

What numerous other reasons? the only difference is the sex life, and parents should expose their children to that anyway
I'm not a homophobe, I just don't think that two men, or two women for that matter, should be allowed to raise a child. Fact is, they will get bullied for it and anyone who says they won't is naive. Just because they could get bullied for other things, it doesn't mean that its OK. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning a child getting bullied because they have homosexual parents, but I do disagree with the basic premise that homosexual couples should be entitled to raise a child.

By that logic, fat people shouldn't be able to have kids. I've been bullied because my parents are fat. So surely they shouldn't be allowed to raise me or my brothers - because it's clearly their fault we got picked on. Going on, surely parents of fat kids, ugly kids, thick kids, etc. etc. shouldn't be allowed to raise kids because it's their fault right?

Bullying being the only reason to be against gay adoption is moronic. Kids get bullied by more than their parents sexuality.
Reply 23
Original post by Sezy
What makes you think that a child of gay parents wouldn't have a stable home? That's an incredibly closed minded opinion. There are thousands of unstable heterosexual homes that children can grow up in, just because a child might have gay parents, it doesn't automatically result in an unstable family life.
In fact, a recent study has shown that the child of gay parents actually does better in school and is better adapted than children from heterosexual families because the parents actively planned and wanted to have the child, compared to a heterosexual couple who can have a child by 'accident'.

Do you suffer from learning difficulties? The focus of this thread is adoption. Not having a child accidentally. Please return when you have sorted this drivel out.
Ahhh, OK - this is just my opinion, you can think I'm wrong, thas cool. It's not even about the bullying thing, I just think its wrong for a child to be bought up by homosexual parents. I'm sorry but thats just the way I feel...
Reply 25
Original post by Bella_Gail
Are you honestly trying to say that kids with only one parent don't get bullied because of it? I was bullied when I was younger because it was just me and my mum, and my dad was dead. There are people who'll stoop to that level.

You would have been bullied anyway.
Most of the time it's the people with single parents that do the bullying.
Reply 26
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Gays should not adopt. End of story.

neg
Original post by Sereni
neg

Oh noez, call the care police.
Original post by Converse
Why give a bully more ammunition?
These kids need a stable home. Just because they could get bullied anyway, doesn't mean that you shouldn't do what you can to try and prevent them from being targets.

Children of single parents? I think not..

How is a home where a child has two loving parents not stable? Just because they happen to be of the sme gender?
And by that logic, in the 1960s black people shouldn't have children, because that gives bullies 'more ammunition'. The problem is the bullying, not the reason they bully people.
Reply 29
Ahhh, OK - this is just my opinion, you can think I'm wrong, thas cool. It's not even about the bullying thing, I just think its wrong for a child to be bought up by homosexual parents. I'm sorry but thats just the way I feel...

thats fine but when you voice your opinion people expect you to be able to justify it. I just feel that way... therefore the lives of orphans and homosexual couples should be changed for the worse... coz ... I just... FEEL THAT WAY... Ur allowed to be a homophobe, just go be a homophobe in the closet
Reply 30
So angry about the fact that I already used up my rep before coming into this thread.

So much of this is neg-worthy.
Simple solution: license all parents - thoroughly - especially those of which who are adopting.

Only reason i'm against MOST gay adoption is the parents tend to be very sexually permiscuous and very irritating. Why not just raise a child alongside a woman and find your sexual desires elsewhere? Stop rubbing off your unnatural homoness on your adopted (stolen) child.

As for surrogate mothers - it disgusts me that anyone would do that for a child they may never see again.

(I realise this has been a very male orientated argument, the same will obviously apply to lesbians aswell)
Reply 32
Original post by Liam_G
So angry about the fact that I already used up my rep before coming into this thread.

So much of this is neg-worthy.

I would pos you, but I have the same problem
Reply 33
If I had the choice between being raised by two loving parents of the opposite sex or two loving parents of the same sex, I would choose the former. Makes life a lot easier.
Saying that mixed race parents and single parents have only become "accepted" now is false. Single parents exist since the beginning of wars, and mixed race parents exist since humans decided to cross geographic borders/continents. It's only the retarded church making such a fuss about divorse, and saying its not normal.
Having said that, I highly doubt same sex parents will be accepted any time soon, because evolution has drilled the fact into our mind that we need two parents of the opposite sex to come into existance, and there is no way around that.
Also, in before all the radical bashers try to label me as a "homophobe". I have homosexual friends, one with who I shared a flat with for the last year.
Reply 34
Original post by IndigoRockGirl
How is a home where a child has two loving parents not stable? Just because they happen to be of the sme gender?
And by that logic, in the 1960s black people shouldn't have children, because that gives bullies 'more ammunition'. The problem is the bullying, not the reason they bully people.

You are a complete and utter retard. The thread is not about people having kids, it's about adoption. Come back when you are able to differentiate between the two.
I dont know about you lot, but personally, i'd rather be brought up in care.

Imagine how much of a mind**** it would be, a little kid waiting to be adopted, and then two men walk in...

Lewroll: Are my adoptive parents here yet?
Carer: Yes here they are, Lewroll meet your new parents, David and Goliath
Lewroll: Yay.... but, wheres the mummy?
Carer: No Lewroll, this is a homosexual couple
Lewroll::lolwut:

Yes i know, this wouldnt be the case if they adopted a baby.
If you're making homosexuality an excluding factor for adoption on the grounds of bullying then why not add other things people are bullied for ?

I know a kid that was bullied for being too poor. Should poor people not be allowed to adopt ?
Also know a kid that was bullied for being rich. So we only let middle class people adopt right ?
I know a guy that was bullied because his mum was really hot and there was a picture of her in a bikini on her friends facebooks. He was bullied for over a year about it. It became ridiculous. Should we only let ugly people adopt ?

The only criteria for adoption should be the capability of the parents to provide a caring and loving home as well as providing the child with anything else that they need in terms of food, clothing, school etc.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Yeah, it's not a very good argument. People don't bully because someone's parents are gay. They would bully the person anyway and it's just a convenient thing to make fun of. In any case, I think it's stupid to deny children parents just because they "might be bullied". If I was in a children's home, possible bullying would be a small price to pay for having two parents and a stable home.

I have a friend in such a situation that I've know since Primary school. I don't ever remember her being bullied for it. People were, however, bullied for their hair colour, height, choice in clothes etc.

Whatever your opinion of homosexuality, I think anyone would agree that it's disgraceful that there are children who need parents and people perfectly willing to adopt them, yet it's not allowed because of the prospective parents' sexuality.
Ok, well I meant externally x
Hmmm, I'll pitch in my two cents I suppose. I have the idea in my head that parenting is a training structure for life. With that in mind, I'm not sure how much same-sex parents/guardians can pass on to adopted children - bringing the argument closer to home, my dad taught me how to do the DIY stuff, my mum taught me the cooking stuff. For me, each sex is superior to the other in certain ways and I'd feel that children adopted into a same-sex parents family would be missing out on different parts of their life training.

To call it as black and white as that is perhaps unfair. But I'd go ahead and take it in a sports direction - a footballer has a coach working on his heading and another coaching working on his tackling. He's developing a balance of play in the air and on the ground. The same player then has two heading coaches or two tackling coaches - he ends up being proficient in one aspect of his game, but neglects the other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending