The Student Room Group

Would you adopt a gay child?

Poll

would you?

Honestly, there seems to be quite an issue over sexuality (especially in Britain) but if you knew a child was gay and you wanted to adopt a child would you adopt a gay one???

Just so I make it clear I would :ymca:

Scroll to see replies

How would you know a child was gay? The way it sucks its milk bottle?

I want grandchildren :frown: So, no i dont think i would
Reply 2
Yes :yep:
I don't see why anyone wouldn't?
Yes, I would!
Not that there would be any way whatsoever to tell if a child was gay.. but hypothetically it really, genuinely, wouldn't bother me.

Looking waaay into the future, I want grandchildren, but homosexuals can adopt just as I (hypothetically) had done.
Reply 4
Original post by Lewroll
How would you know a child was gay? The way it sucks its milk bottle?

I want grandchildren :frown: So, no i dont think i would

Maybe your gay baby could grow up and adopt another gay baby, then you have grandchildren which are also gay too :smile: woo party alround
Original post by teshnit
Maybe your gay baby could grow up and adopt another gay baby, then you have grandchildren which are also gay too :smile: woo party alround

Yeah but it wouldnt be the same, they wouldnt be my grandchildren.
Now I think about it, I probably wouldnt adopt any child, unless my sperm stopped working or my woman couldnt have one.
Reply 6
Original post by Lewroll
Now I think about it, I probably wouldnt adopt any child, unless my sperm stopped working or my woman couldnt have one.

Wouldn't be your grandchildren if it was a gay adoption or a straight one lol

yeh fair enough
Original post by Lewroll

You say that, but I'd bet that if it did happen, you'd still love them as if they were your own grandkids. I speak from experience when I say that biology isn't the be all and end all of family, love is so much more than that.
Original post by mikeyd85
You say that, but I'd bet that if it did happen, you'd still love them as if they were your own grandkids. I speak from experience when I say that biology isn't the be all and end all of family, love is so much more than that.

You are probably right. But one of my aims in life is to pass on my genetics. Is that too much to ask?
Original post by teshnit
Wouldn't be your grandchildren if it was a gay adoption or a straight one lol

yeh fair enough

What are you trying to say man:mad:?
Would you **** out sand paper? No, so no to both points.
Reply 11
Original post by Lewroll
What are you trying to say man:mad:?

Trying to say if you discount a 2nd generation adoption as not YOUR grandchildren it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if your adopted straight child goes on to have normal children since they still not YOURs if you use the same logic as first scenerio
**** biology. If I have a child it'll be my child whether conceived by me or adopted. I'll be his or her real dad.
Original post by Lewroll
You are probably right. But one of my aims in life is to pass on my genetics. Is that too much to ask?

go to a sperm bank and **** furiously then :smile:

i get what you mean though. but doesn't mean i wouldn't adopt kids too
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by teshnit
Trying to say if you discount a 2nd generation adoption as not YOUR grandchildren it doesn't make a blind bit of difference if your adopted straight child goes on to have normal children since they still not YOURs if you use the same logic as first scenerio

Exactly, but as i said i probably wouldnt adopt any child, if i could have my own

And what exactly do you mean by 'normal'? Hmmmmm?
Reply 15
Of course, though it wouldn't be a prerequisite of my adopting a child. If for any reason I can't have a child of my own in the future I'll adopt, and the only prerequisite is that it's a child who needs someone to love and care for them.
Reply 17
Well if I was to adopt a child I'd probably want to adopt a very young child, so I wouldn't know their sexuality. But if for some reason I were to adopt and older child then I probably wouldn't factor their sexuality in.
Reply 18
I wouldn't.

If I have a child myself and he/she turns out to be gay, then although it wouldn't particularly make me happy I would accept it and treat them no different (because I'd have no choice, my love for them would outweigh my disappointment).

I'm one of those people who accept homosexuality and treat gays as equals, but I don't actually agree with it...just my opinion. So I wouldn't go out of my way to adopt a gay child.
Original post by didgeridoo12uk
go to a sperm bank and **** furiously then :smile:

i get what you mean though. but doesn't mean i wouldn't adopt kids too

Well i already have an annual pass to my local sperm bank:biggrin:
But i dont think adopting would be the same. I want to have a child made out of me, and grow up under my wing, to become a brilliant human. I could still do the same with an adopted child, but genetically, they wouldnt be mine:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending