The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Medway Private Accommodation 2nd years

We are a group of 7 first year students currently looking for, preferably, a 7 bedroom house near to the Medway campus of the University of Kent. Our budget will allows to go up to £100 per week for rent, each. If anyone can give us any advice/info. on who to talk to or if they know someone looking to let then we would be very interested.

Any help would be really appreciated guys, thanks! x
you have to stay in medway?
unlucky.
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by kiwietnana
We are a group of 7 first year students currently looking for, preferably, a 7 bedroom house near to the Medway campus of the University of Kent. Our budget will allows to go up to £100 per week for rent, each. If anyone can give us any advice/info. on who to talk to or if they know someone looking to let then we would be very interested.

Any help would be really appreciated guys, thanks! x

Hi, go to the Kent portal, click 'Living' on the left, and then Off Campus Accommodation, Medway on the right side. That page will have all the info you need, but click the local landlords for more info. You'll be hard pushed to find a 7 person house in Medway, though... More info will be available in January/February so have a look then, and avoid local estate agents if you can.

Also, I take it you're in Liberty Quays? After Christmas there will be people to help with accommodation next year, you should be sent emails when they're due to arrive. Also, there'll be a leaflet with info of local landlords or trusted sites and sources.
Reply 3
Original post by kat2pult
Hi, go to the Kent portal, click 'Living' on the left, and then Off Campus Accommodation, Medway on the right side. That page will have all the info you need, but click the local landlords for more info. You'll be hard pushed to find a 7 person house in Medway, though... More info will be available in January/February so have a look then, and avoid local estate agents if you can.

Also, I take it you're in Liberty Quays? After Christmas there will be people to help with accommodation next year, you should be sent emails when they're due to arrive. Also, there'll be a leaflet with info of local landlords or trusted sites and sources.

Yeah, we're all in Liberty Quays at the minute - Are you @ Medway too then? Where did you stay during your second year?
Reply 4
Original post by Bubbles0ox
you have to stay in medway?
unlucky.

Tell me about it. I used to think Leicester was a hole but seriously, Medway, Chatham & Rochester are by far the worst places to live or even spend any amount of time in. Teenage pregnancy, chavs ...
Tell me about it. I used to think Leicester was a hole but seriously, Medway, Chatham & Rochester are by far the worst places to live or even spend any amount of time in. Teenage pregnancy, chavs ...

urgh, well feel sorry for me, ive lived near medway for 17 years :/
don't understand why anyone would want to spend their uni life in medway
Reply 6
Yeah, we're all in Liberty Quays at the minute - Are you @ Medway too then? Where did you stay during your second year?

I am at Medway, I live in one of the roads opposite Lib Quays. There are LOADS of student houses in Corporation Road, Milner Road and Trinity Road, all quite cheap too. I have a large double room including bills, internet and Sky for £325. Moving to a single room, again with bills etc for £290. Far cheaper than halls! And warmer with less fire alarms...
Reply 7
Original post by Bubbles0ox
urgh, well feel sorry for me, ive lived near medway for 17 years :/
don't understand why anyone would want to spend their uni life in medway

I really should've come to an open day & then I would've worked harder to make sure I went to Keele instead ... My God, how I regret it now!! Nightlife is beyond poor ... There's absolutely nothing to do in Medway!
Reply 8
Original post by kat2pult
I am at Medway, I live in one of the roads opposite Lib Quays. There are LOADS of student houses in Corporation Road, Milner Road and Trinity Road, all quite cheap too. I have a large double room including bills, internet and Sky for £325. Moving to a single room, again with bills etc for £290. Far cheaper than halls! And warmer with less fire alarms...

Haha ... the fire alarms are so pointless, I think every week they seem to go on longer than before! Where would you say the 'best' place is to live after your first year? Some ppl are saying there's an island or something that is much better to live than Medway, Gillingham & Chatham?
Reply 9
Haha ... the fire alarms are so pointless, I think every week they seem to go on longer than before! Where would you say the 'best' place is to live after your first year? Some ppl are saying there's an island or something that is much better to live than Medway, Gillingham & Chatham?

Yeah, St Mary's Island is quite cheap but totally isolated from trains. That's probably the best place to stay, but there's no 'better' place to live, it's all a bit shoddy. Although Gillingham seems to be a bit cheaper. If you can, try to live in Rochester even if it costs a bit more.

Just make sure that, whatever you do, you view lots of places and ask lots of questions. Don't be scared to interrogate landlords to see how cooperative they are. Also, ask the receptionists in Lib Quays for help - Liz Mason is really friendly, John George really isn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending