The Student Room Group

Would you consider this slutty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17, and want to wait for the right guy to have sex, but am happy doing other things (giving head etc). I'm not good in relationships (trust issues, long story that isn't worth going into/people won't bother to read a long post on here :smile:), but I figure, as a single girl, kissing as many guys as I like is fine (on holiday, nights out etc). I've also given head to three guys in total. To me, that isn't bad at all (!!!), especially compared to a lot of girls in our sixth form, but my friends think it's really slutty and they bring it up a lot. Only one of them is a virgin. My question in this badly put ramble is, am I right in being completely confused by their feelings?
(obv. anon because I know people on here)

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Slutty? IDK. ****ed up? Yeah. You won't give your vag to just anyone but you will give your lips to just anyone, whether on their lips or cock?

They think it's slutty because despite them having sex, perhaps they do it with people they care about, and therefore value that more highly than your random snogs?
Reply 21
Yes.
Reply 22
It doesn't sound slutty.... You're friends are probably just joking around, and then when they see you get annoyed by it it just makes them carry on. Don't worry about it, I think if you ever become a slut you'll know about it.
you shouldnt care what others think.
however by posting this thread, u obv do care/ so my advice would be dont make a habit out of sucking guys dicks,or being too promiscuous then no one has reason to bitch about u.
also ur mates shouldnt be making u feel like this about ur self, maybe tell them to back off with the whole judgement thing.
Why do you feel that it's giving away my dignity? Not getting angry with you for your opinion; I'm just interested in what it is that makes you think it. :smile:

It seems like you give them what they want and (unless you actually enjoyed it), and at the end of the day they gain and you lose? (esp. if they didn't want a relationship)
Kissing people, I dunno, I just don't have respect for any of my friends that go on a night out and get off with 5 people. I can't even find a good reason to explain why, apart from they look "easy".
when you get older you will realise those girls are just jealous/ intimidated or just plain bitchy.
the real issue here isnt am i being a slut/ its more the fact that you are really only asking this of yourself because your 'friends' are making u feel guilty.
do yourself a favour and dont even let it worry you cos then they have won.
Reply 26
Are they even experienced enough to know what's slutty and what's not? Take the comments lightly, it's probably an act of jealousy more than a means of offense.

I would also not let them know lots of little details like how many guys you've sucked off, some things are personal, this is usually one of them. 'Slutty' isn't always used to describe someone that actually has done lots of sexual things, it can be used to describe a person's demeanor: being quite open about your sex life can be deemed 'slutty'.
Reply 27
It seems like you give them what they want and (unless you actually enjoyed it), and at the end of the day they gain and you lose? (esp. if they didn't want a relationship)
Kissing people, I dunno, I just don't have respect for any of my friends that go on a night out and get off with 5 people. I can't even find a good reason to explain why, apart from they look "easy".

Ahh, I should have made it more clear, I give and receive. I enjoy doing stuff, I just see sex as a big step in relationship, and seeing as I don't want one, I see oral as a middle ground.
Kissing is just something I enjoy, though I can understand how it can be seen as 'easy'. I don't tend to kiss more than one guy a night, though in my opinion, even if I did, kissing shouldn't be seen as slutty. :smile:
Reply 28
Not slutty, but I think it's pretty damn weird that you're willing to give a blowjob but not have sex...
You massive whore :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Reply 30
Ultimately, it is your opinion that counts, I agree. But you know it's all very relative! That you're describing is SLUTTIER than refraining from such, yet not as slutty as if you'd slept with those guys. You'd be the worst in Arabia, but you'd blend in the crowd in America... Still, personally, I think something like a kiss should always be as intimate and meaningful as profound secrets and sex may be.
Reply 31
Original post by IlexBlue
Not slutty, but I think it's pretty damn weird that you're willing to give a blowjob but not have sex...

Where I live, it's always been blowjobs etc is the middle ground before sex. Do you not feel the same?
Original post by lovely_me

OP: Does it really matter? Even if it is 'slutty', who cares? Just do what you want.

No. Don't let pathetic misogynistic stereotypes define you.

What has misogyny got to do with this? Females perpetuate the notion of 'sluttiness' just as much as men do :hmmm:
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
OP: Does it really matter? Even if it is 'slutty', who cares? Just do what you want.

What has misogyny got to do with this? Females perpetuate the notion of 'sluttiness' just as much as men do :hmmm:

Women can be misogynistic.
Reply 34
I'm 17, and want to wait for the right guy to have sex, but am happy doing other things (giving head etc). I'm not good in relationships (trust issues, long story that isn't worth going into/people won't bother to read a long post on here :smile:), but I figure, as a single girl, kissing as many guys as I like is fine (on holiday, nights out etc). I've also given head to three guys in total. To me, that isn't bad at all (!!!), especially compared to a lot of girls in our sixth form, but my friends think it's really slutty and they bring it up a lot. Only one of them is a virgin. My question in this badly put ramble is, am I right in being completely confused by their feelings?
(obv. anon because I know people on here)

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

I will consider it slutty unless you do it to me also.
why is it so hard to wait for the right guy?
Reply 36
To me, that isn't bad at all (!!!), especially compared to a lot of girls in our sixth form, but my friends think it's really slutty and they bring it up a lot.

So do you, evidently.

Only messing - you might as well go for it. Just don't lose your head.
Reply 37
Crikey too many young'ens are givin bloweys and all sorts nowadays...media is turning our Children into sexualised tramps.
Reply 38
Women can be misogynistic.

In my experience, women are the worst. My sixth form is full of girls bitching about their friends, and it's tiring. As soon as someone leaves the room the bitching can start, and it's so unnecessary. :frown:
Original post by natlaw
if you new the guys theres nothing wrong with it :smile: the givein head i mean and its fine to kiss people you aloud you kiss your parents and friends what wrong wiht other people :wink: but if you didnt no the lads and you just gave them head then thats slutty and also if you didnt get anythin out off it then its your loss if yu get me

I really hope you don't kiss your parents the same way you kiss other people...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending