The Student Room Group

is there such a thing as being TOO pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

hmmm TROLL!!

SHE'S MEXICAN!!
Reply 21
just post some pics, and we'll tell you if you're too pretty :colone:
Reply 22
Humm your just surrounded by losers, i dont personally believe in leagues, i just flaunt what i got and if u dont like it thats fairplay ON ON TO THE NEXT ONE, cant get anywhere if you dont try, were all human.
Reply 23
im not going to post pics to the scrutinizing eyes of TSR, if you dont believe me then lets be hypothetical and say that a 'stunning' girl posted this with 'stunning pics'
Reply 24
Oh god! I think it's great that girls are feeling confident in their looks (though that is questionable..why do you need advice from strangers?), but some seem to be verging on arrogance.
To offer my thoughts, I can sort of empathise because I have only started my first relationship recently (17) and never had a boyfriend or kiss before. This lead me to believe I was just so unappealing despite getting many compliments from people but in recent years, my confidence has built up quite a lot. I wasn't even looking for a boyfriend anyway, he just came along, I really don't need a man to make me feel good. And you shouldn't either! So my advice is : stop thinking about what guys think of you and maybe focus on growing your interests - you know, get a bit more substance :smile:
Original post by mexicooo2710
im not going to post pics to the scrutinizing eyes of TSR, if you dont believe me then lets be hypothetical and say that a 'stunning' girl posted this with 'stunning pics'

Translated as "i was lying about being pretty. I'm actualy really fugly and you caught me out"
Reply 26

Let us be hypothetical and say that you posted pictures. In this hypothetical situation, not only are other people happy if you are attractive as you say you are, but you are also happy because you get our honest opinions. It seems like you want to be told that you are pretty, but not 'too pretty'. Well no-one is going to tell you the full truth in real life are they? Which is why you came here - but it is pointless unless you post pictures.
Reply 27
Original post by ColdWishes
Maybe you wear too much make-up/your make-up is really striking, it might be too intimidating for guys.
Or you're naturally stunning and people just automatically assume you have a boyfriend.

That just doesn't wash though (and I'm not referring to the make up).

Are you honestly telling me that there is a girl so perfect that she scares every other guy off? It's just not practical.
Reply 28
Original post by Attlee_party
Translated as "i was lying about being pretty. I'm actualy really fugly and you caught me out"

no ...i didnt post this to get a poll or others opinions on if people thought i was pretty or not, that wasnt the point of this thread, i just wanted to get some advice on if other girls experience this and if this enters guys minds when approaching girls.
no ...i didnt post this to get a poll or others opinions on if people thought i was pretty or not, that wasnt the point of this thread, i just wanted to get some advice on if other girls experience this and if this enters guys minds when approaching girls.

sure
Reply 30
There will always be atleast one guy that will try it on with you. Even if you dont like him. All is not lost, Im sure in time, you'll find yourself someone who's nearly as amazingly attractive as your...name? Oh yeah. We dont know what you look like.
Yeah, you're looking at it right here.
If you really are THAT pretty then you must be a complete bitch.
Stop being a massive bitch = problem solved.
You have to be trolling...if you are " very very social" and guys come up to you on a daily basis, then you WILL have been asked out....whether you turn your nose up at them, or dont want to go out with them for whatever reason, is a completely different issue
yeh same with me.. people say im gorgeous and also these girls were saying that when i go to college guys would be chasing me, but now i'm in college they always look at me but none of them actually ask me out i assume its because they think i'm out of their league, alot of guys have told my friends that they find me fit and stuff but none of them have actually approached me or bothered to ask for my number becuase they probably think theres no point..
Reply 36
Maybe they find you intimidating and unapproachable. Maybe you are not as pretty as you think you are don't know, there are endless reasons. Beautiful would be a magnificient word to describe a person as it depicts that they are good looking both in the inside and outside.
That is the main reason why the word ''beautiful'' is rarely used because it is one of a kind and reserved for beautiful goddesses so to speak, that do not have the conventional idea of beauty that the media and society seem to endlessly portray as being ''beautiful''.

To conclude: Someone who is pretty is only physically attractive, but beautiful is someone who is so pretty that they stand above others in terms of how attractive they are. Someone who is beautiful is someone who is shockingly pretty.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Lewroll
Ask Narcissus. Just make sure you dont catch your reflection in a pond...
if you dont understand this post, visit your local library for stories about the ancient greeks :biggrin:

Aahaha love it!! :biggrin:
I work with a girl who is so goddamn pretty it's unreal.

I actually can't look at her she is so good looking. She is perfect, actually stunningly perfect in every which way possible <3
okay, im going to sound obnoxious and a complete TROLL right now but please here me out as Ive honestly been having this problem for the past couple of years and I wanted to know if others had experienced the same or can offer me some advice.

Im an intelligent, confident happy girl who is often told Im funny and I have large groups and close friends and am very very sociable. Aside from this Im constantly told how good looking I am, even today a complete stranger came up to my mum and said that " your daughter is the most amazingly beautiful girl Ive ever seen". Im in no way trying to be arrogant here but I am being sincere please here me out.

However I have never, in no way even come close to be able to get a boyfriend or a relationship. Guys always make comments like "you cant go there shes out of your league" or "Im sure guys will be queueing up to be your boyfriends" even peoples parents saying "I just cannot understand how you don't have a boyfriend"

This is a message to all guys out there who believe that girls shouldn't get approached who are "out of their league" its just so wrong :frown: is there even such a thing?

maybe you're just a bitch? you act like one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending