The Student Room Group

Discuss your 2010-11 UCAS decisions *HERE*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Trefusis1234445
Guys, wonder if any of you can help me out...

I applied for student fiance last year but obviously as I didn't go to uni I didn't receive the money. I've come to reapply for finance this year and It's telling me I can't because my information is all still on the system. Does anyone know how to withdraw my application or update it for the next academic year? Thanks in Advance.

You have to download a change of circumstances form from the website and fill that in and send it off. Then they will send you a letter acknowledging this, saying you will receive £0 and it will also say that if you apply again, use the same customer ref no. and you will be all set to apply again :smile:
Reply 381
I've sent my application on 14th January and UCAS has not sent me a Welcome letter yet. I worry soo much. (((
Is it ok?They wrote that they will sent in 48 hours time......
Reply 382
Original post by murrrlyka
I've sent my application on 14th January and UCAS has not sent me a Welcome letter yet. I worry soo much. (((
Is it ok?They wrote that they will sent in 48 hours time......

Yep - its been sent to UCAS, all that matters. You will get your welcome letter soon, but you can get the info on it in the UCAS website anyway.

Also you can login to track before you get the letter, as long as UCAS has processed it [should say so on apply].
Hope this is the correct thread to post in - have got conditional offer for Zoology at Roehampton .
They want 280 points ( they specify C for Biology but they're not saying all points have to come from A2s .
I've got 30 points from an AS so need 250 points from A2 .
Am predicted C's in Physics ,Chemistry ,and Biology which would give me 240 .
Do you think they'd accept me with 240 at A2 ?????
University: Canterbury
Course: Media, Culture and Society
Date Application sent: 15th December
Decision: Unconditional
Offer conditions: N/A
Your reaction: First reply back from any of the Uni's I applied for! I am SO HAPPY! this is my joint first choice! I had convinced myself that I would get rejected by all 5 due to my crappy personal statement, Also shocked that the offer is conditional, I thought they would ask for C or above in the two GCSE's I am taking this year part time but nope! VERY happy! *screams*

:biggrin:
Decided to sign up to Yougo from UCAS :smile:
Cambridge: Trinity College
Subject: Mathematics
Decision: Easy offer

Chuffed and suprised!
Reply 387
Original post by Riso
University: King's College London
Course: International Politics BA

Well done. What are your a-level grades? :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by mr tim

Original post by mr tim
University: Nottingham Trent
Course: Mathematics
Date Application sent: 29th Dec [to Unis]
Decision: Conditional
Offer conditions: 260 UCAS pts including B in Mathematics A-level [latter which I got]
Your reaction: Sooo happy!!! Nice offer to get me started, hopefully more offers to come soon. And I already got a B in maths, since I do further maths. So yeah very happy. Initially my insurance choice! Nice. 1 down 4 to go!

Nottingham Trent has a really good SU & good exclusive club nights & socials!
Good choice & well done!! :smile:
Reply 389
Original post by whitepantha
Hope this is the correct thread to post in - have got conditional offer for Zoology at Roehampton .
They want 280 points ( they specify C for Biology but they're not saying all points have to come from A2s .
I've got 30 points from an AS so need 250 points from A2 .
Am predicted C's in Physics ,Chemistry ,and Biology which would give me 240 .
Do you think they'd accept me with 240 at A2 ?????
They might, but they wouldn't have to. In the current climate unis have been turning away people who narrowly miss their offers, so if I were you I'd work to get one of those Cs up to a B. Then you'd be home and dry.
Reply 390
Original post by Est.
Well done. What are your a-level grades? :smile:

Thank you!
I got AAB at A Level. Good luck if you are waiting to hear from them!
Reply 391
Original post by Samg123
University: Cambridge
Course: PPS
Date Application sent: October 6
Decision: Unsuccesful
Reaction: I can't say I wasn't expecting it... :smile:

Same here - twas the nicest rejection letter ever though don't you think?
Reply 392

Original post by Riso
University: King's College London
Course: International Politics BA
Conditions: -
Reaction: AHHHHHHHH! First choice! Cue dancing and ringing everybody and smearing it all over Facebook like the plague.

University: Queen Mary, UoL
Course: Politics
Reaction: That's nice.

University: Queen Mary, UoL
Course: International Relations
Reaction: Great, my application wasn't a flop.

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS! Can i ask what grades you got at AS, GCSE, and your predicted for A2 , i applyed for politics at Queen Mary's and have heard nothing back yet! Thank you, and congratulations again! :smile:
Reply 393
Original post by bronwen
Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS! Can i ask what grades you got at AS, GCSE, and your predicted for A2 , i applyed for politics at Queen Mary's and have heard nothing back yet! Thank you, and congratulations again! :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:

I got AAAAABBBCC at GCSE, AAABC at AS Level and AAB at A2.
Good luck with your application! :tongue:
Reply 394
Original post by Schmaltz
Same here - twas the nicest rejection letter ever though don't you think?

Yeahhh they were rather nice...

Are you planning to get any feedback?
And if so- how does one go about that? :smile:
Reply 395
Original post by zayd221
University: Edinburgh
Course: Chemical Engineering with Manangement
Date Application Sent: 13 Jan 2011
Conditions: AAB
Reaction: OMG I just got my first offer haha

Well done! I sent my application nearly 3 months ago and still haven't heard anything - what were your AS results, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by sofia26

Original post by sofia26
Well done! I sent my application nearly 3 months ago and still haven't heard anything - what were your AS results, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Thank you. What course are you applying anyway? My AS results were aaabb for maths, physics, bio, chem and thinking skills respectively.
Reply 397
Original post by MissesTwishes
I applied for Environmental Science! ^_^ What about you?

Economics.. still no reply yet arrgh
2 out of 5 Offers so far!!

University: City University
Course: Software Engineering (4 Year SW)
Date Application sent: 12/12/2010
Offer conditions: Distinction, Distinction, Merit from BTEC Diploma 18 Unit
Your reaction: Over the Moon! First Offer recieved!:biggrin:

University: Queen Mary, University of London
Course: Business Computing with Management
Date Application sent: 12/12/2010
Offer conditions: National Diploma - Distinction, Distinction, Distinction from all 18 units.
Your reaction: Frightened, have to work hard this year to get 9 Distinctions as well. :s-smilie:
Original post by mtudor
Economics.. still no reply yet arrgh

Awh :frown: Hopefully you'll hear soon. I know how you feel, I've got replies from all the unis I applied to apart from the one I want (UEA!!). I got an acknowledgement from them on the 6th of January and still no word. I'm getting impatient :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending