The Student Room Group

Paramedic interview

can anyone remember any of the questions asked by specific unis? :smile:

in-particular SGUL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,
I've jsut started my paramedic course at SGUL, it's awesome! Have you got an interview? As long as your bubbly and smiley...have some examples of difficult situations you've had to deal with/team work/own initiative etc (the usual interview stuff!)
Also, look up LAS...and really importantly the Bradley report (2005)
Where you think the LAS/paramedic service is heading
and why you want to be a paramedic!

Hope this helps

Good Luck!!

xx
Reply 2
Original post by Rachellack
Hey,
I've jsut started my paramedic course at SGUL, it's awesome! Have you got an interview? As long as your bubbly and smiley...have some examples of difficult situations you've had to deal with/team work/own initiative etc (the usual interview stuff!)
Also, look up LAS...and really importantly the Bradley report (2005)
Where you think the LAS/paramedic service is heading
and why you want to be a paramedic!

Hope this helps

Good Luck!!

xx

Hi Rachellack,

Hows SGUL? I sent my application off last week. Applied to 5 places but SGUL is THE ONE! =)

Unfortunately they are the only ones who havent sent anything back yet. Not even confirmation of receiving my application. So i'm a little worried =S

How long after you sent your application off did you hear from them? (if you don't mind me asking)

Zayy
Reply 3
Hey,

Im really rubbish, and can't remember when they got back to me! Sorry! But don't worry, some uni's just take longer than others! How are your other applications going?
Hope you get the place at SGUL that you want :smile:

Rach x
Reply 4
Original post by Rachellack
Hey,

Im really rubbish, and can't remember when they got back to me! Sorry! But don't worry, some uni's just take longer than others! How are your other applications going?
Hope you get the place at SGUL that you want :smile:

Rach x

Hey,

I got an interview for 2nd Feb!

Had a Herts interview few weeks ago. Went well (i hope!)

How is St George's as a Uni anyway? Are you enjoyin it?

Zaynab
Reply 5
Original post by zayy
Hey,

I got an interview for 2nd Feb!

Had a Herts interview few weeks ago. Went well (i hope!)

How is St George's as a Uni anyway? Are you enjoyin it?

Zaynab

Hiya

How was your interview for Herts (questions, format etc) I have an interview in a couple of weeks, and I really, really want to go to Herts :smile: Any help much appreciated!

Harri
Reply 6
Original post by HarriJ
Hiya

How was your interview for Herts (questions, format etc) I have an interview in a couple of weeks, and I really, really want to go to Herts :smile: Any help much appreciated!

Harri

Hey Harri,

Format is a lecture for admissions tutor and then from a LAS paramedic.

Question's (from what i have heard) were standardised for everyone. 6 questions. 3 each from both interviewers:
- Why Paramedic
- Explain difficult situation you've come up against
- What did you learn from the article
- What does the role of a paramedic entail

And 2 more which i have forgotten. But i'm pretty sure they were more personal so like challenge you think you'd come up against on the course and what makes you the best candidate.

Really friendly environment. Don't be afraid to ask questions and just be your bubbly self. Try to overcome the nerves!

Hope that helps =)
Reply 7
Original post by zayy
Hey Harri,

Format is a lecture for admissions tutor and then from a LAS paramedic.

Question's (from what i have heard) were standardised for everyone. 6 questions. 3 each from both interviewers:
- Why Paramedic
- Explain difficult situation you've come up against
- What did you learn from the article
- What does the role of a paramedic entail

And 2 more which i have forgotten. But i'm pretty sure they were more personal so like challenge you think you'd come up against on the course and what makes you the best candidate.

Really friendly environment. Don't be afraid to ask questions and just be your bubbly self. Try to overcome the nerves!

Hope that helps =)

Is hertfordshire one of the ones that do a fitness test? I've applied there and lets just say i'm not as fit as i'd like
Reply 8
Original post by sweety0471
Is hertfordshire one of the ones that do a fitness test? I've applied there and lets just say i'm not as fit as i'd like

No it isn't
Reply 9
Original post by zayy
No it isn't

Thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 10
Hey Zaynab,

How did it go on Wednesday? :smile:

I'm loving it! I like that we do a lot of placement hours in our first year (more than some uni's)...it's pretty intense, sooo much to learn! But really really good :smile:

I hope you get offered a place! How many places are there this year? There is only 21 of us in my class!

Rach xx
Reply 11
Hey Rachel,
I was good i think. I said everything i wanted to and everything i could have.

Yeh, they said they're interviewing around one hundred and twenty people for twenty one spaces...
Reply 12

Original post by zayy
Hey Rachel,
I was good i think. I said everything i wanted to and everything i could have.

Yeh, they said they're interviewing around one hundred and twenty people for twenty one spaces...

Did they tell you anything about when they're gonna offer places? I had an interview there on the 7th of january and they said around 3 weeks, but well, no news so far!

I didnt realize they were interviewing so many people this year either! Kinda wish i still didnt...

Good to know it went well for you!
Reply 13
Hey, yeah i know right. But lets hope that we all get our first choices. Erm, they said first week of March cos on the 25th of March they have an applicant day where people offered places are given an opportunity to need more about the course. So like the uni selling it to us.
Reply 14
find out more. Not need more*
Reply 15

Thanks for the info, i thought 3 weeks was a bit too short... Guess I gotta sit on my nerves for a bit longer then...

Well, back to febuary livin'....
PLEASE HELP!!! WHAT IS THE BRADLEY REPORT ?!?!?!?

DO YOU NEED TO REED 2011'S BRADLEY REPORT OR ... ?!

thanks in advance
Reply 17
Original post by starsteph1993
PLEASE HELP!!! WHAT IS THE BRADLEY REPORT ?!?!?!?

DO YOU NEED TO REED 2011'S BRADLEY REPORT OR ... ?!

thanks in advance

The first Bradley/Taking Healthcare to the Patient report was published in 2005. The 2011 one is a 6 year review of the progress of the first report.

It would definitely be worth having a look them both and familiarising yourself with the kind of things they talk about. You don't need to know them inside out, but having a general overview is definitely worthwhile incase you're asked anything about it at interview.
what do you need to know about the bradley report for your paramedic interview ? also which year do you reed as my interviews are in 2011-2012 ?
Original post by Alex27
The first Bradley/Taking Healthcare to the Patient report was published in 2005. The 2011 one is a 6 year review of the progress of the first report.

It would definitely be worth having a look them both and familiarising yourself with the kind of things they talk about. You don't need to know them inside out, but having a general overview is definitely worthwhile incase you're asked anything about it at interview.

Ooooh right, i see what you mean. So reed the 2005 one to find out inital issues the nreed the 2011 one to see what progress has been made. What about the 2009 one about mental health, is that relevant ?

thanks!! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest