The Student Room Group

Need help chucking gf!!!

Myself and my girlfriend have recently been trying to conceieve, however upon months of trying she was diagnosed as (forgive me for not having the medical analysis) not having a fully functioning womb. I want kids so can not see this relationship lasting. How can i end it?

Scroll to see replies

:rolleyes: i bet she'll be devastated!
Wow... You are really heartless and cruel. I don't think you even deserve an explanation of alternatives because you haven't even bothered to look yourself. Seems like a quick Excuse to get out. **** off people like you make my skin crawl.
Reply 3
Original post by insignificant
Wow... You are really heartless and cruel. I don't think you even deserve an explanation of alternatives because you haven't even bothered to look yourself. Seems like a quick Excuse to get out. **** off people like you make my skin crawl.

This is just completely true :smile:

Heartless f***er
Reply 4
You scum bag, your a discrace to all males. I hope you grow up a raceeding old man!!!!
Glad she didn't conceive with you....cos you would be a terrible partner and father! She deserves someone that will stick by her
Reply 6
You are really selfish. She is going through a really tough time right now and all you can think about is how to dump her...

Tell her to read this thread...at least she will know that a lot of people are on her side and that you are just a heartless ****
I accidentally read this as "need help chucking off" and lulz were had
Reply 8
Original post by ryan branagan
Myself and my girlfriend have recently been trying to conceieve, however upon months of trying she was diagnosed as (forgive me for not having the medical analysis) not having a fully functioning womb. I want kids so can not see this relationship lasting. How can i end it?

I call troll. Also hope you never have kids, if you act like this,
To those people ranting at him from their moral high ground, perhaps you might consider that it's far kinder not to string this girl along. He obviously wants children, that is something he requires from a relationship; she cannot provide him that. Maybe take a second to think about it before attacking him.

That said, your choice of words, "chucking" springs to mind, were rather twattish. Think before you speak maybe?
My boyfriend said to me that he wanted a family and split up with me, as I don't want one.

Nine hours later he called me (I'd gotten on the train back to my parents' house) and begged me to take him back.

A family isn't the be all and end all. If you love her, stay, family or no family. If you don't, why are you in the relationship anyway?
Hold on hold on hold ON - Everybody screwing at this guy.

Ok granted hes written it out in a completely douchebag kind of way but his view is completely valid.

If a woman came on here and said "i want kids he doesnt" there would be dozens of people going "dump him hes not worth it". THe OP wants to have children but his gf cant have them. She cant comprimise on this and he shouldnt be expected to stay with her when he has wants and needs she cant fulfill. The desire to have children is very strong in many people not just women. This can be a total deal breaker in relationships He is not being heartless - his timing is awful however.

Why are you ending it though OP? Will you not consider adopting or a surrogate? There are already children in the world that need a father. Remember being a dad is not about shooting your load in a woman, any idiot can do that, it is raising a child that makes a parent not who got the girl knocked up.
Not a fully functioning womb as in low chance of conceiving, or zero chance of conceiving?

Easy to say just adopt a child but s/he won't be your own bloodline. I'm sure many males do mind if they place a heavy emphasis on wanting a proper family.
Original post by ryan branagan

Kuntb4g. *Hopes I've evaded the swear filter*
Reply 14
Original post by silverbolt
Will you not consider adopting or a surrogate?

That is exactly what I was going to put...you beat me to it...
Original post by Ice_Queen
My boyfriend said to me that he wanted a family and split up with me, as I don't want one.

Nine hours later he called me (I'd gotten on the train back to my parents' house) and begged me to take him back.

A family isn't the be all and end all. If you love her, stay, family or no family. If you don't, why are you in the relationship anyway?

Well some of us expect a relationship to prosper into marriage, having kids and so on. A relationship without a family future together is no different to a sex buddy... with some emotional baggage.
Think the point is if they were trying for kids already you assume they have some kind of commitment....and if you have that commitment then you work through problems. These things can be overcome...there are hormone treatments, surrogacy or adoption.

Its not he wants kids/she doesn't. she obviously does want kids and if he loved her enough to consider conceiving now he should stand by her at least for a while and see what options they have. otherwise he's just a ******* and she deserves better and he is obviousy not ready for kids right now at all!
Hmmm, sounds like the OP is more compatible with his gf than you are with your bf Ice Queen, at least she actually wants kids.

Assuming this isn't trolling, you could always to find a surrogate mother or adopting or some such, assuming you weren't trying to have kids in a misguided attempt to save your relationship.

If you really want to break up with her, then find the right time to sit down and be honest with her. You can always be a friend to her to help with the infertility thing, if she still needs help with getting over that.
Reply 18
Agreed:
Original post by silverbolt
Hold on hold on hold ON - Everybody screwing at this guy.

Ok granted hes written it out in a completely douchebag kind of way but his view is completely valid.

If a woman came on here and said "i want kids he doesnt" there would be dozens of people going "dump him hes not worth it". THe OP wants to have children but his gf cant have them. She cant comprimise on this and he shouldnt be expected to stay with her when he has wants and needs she cant fulfill. The desire to have children is very strong in many people not just women. This can be a total deal breaker in relationships He is not being heartless - his timing is awful however.

why are you ending it though OP? Will you not consider adopting or a surrogate? There are already children in the world that need a father. Remember being a dad is not about shooting your load in a woman, any idiot can do that, it is raising a child that makes a parent not who got the girl knocked
up.
(edited 13 years ago)
People on here are so stupid.. To those saying that try can't have children so he apparently has every right to leave. There may still be a chance for her to conceive, the idiot can't remember the name of the condition so we won't be able to know. Even if it isn't functioning, her eggs can be used , his sperm, another woman's womb... SURROGACY. or there's adoption, fostering, allsorts. But I really wish she could read this thread and dump him, he doesnt deserve to have children , they would grow up with a selfish father.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending