The Student Room Group

I am so angry I feel like punching my laptop

I’m so angry at the moment and I nearly punched my laptop. Thank god I controlled my self and didn’t do it.
Basically my so called bf was meant to come over tonight but he cancelled on me because he wasn’t feeling too well and he had been in bed all day. So me being a good gf understood him and told him to rest and get better soon.
But guess what one of his mates just wrote a fb status saying “LOOOL josh just passed out after two shots” wtf josh is my bf and he even posted a pic of my bf dead on the floor, I thought he was ill. What the ****, I want to go and finish him right now :angry: : ::::::

Why do guys lie, why couldn't he just tell me the truth! it's not like I would have been angry if he told me the truth :angry: :angry:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’m so angry at the moment and I nearly punched my laptop. Thank god I controlled my self and didn’t do it.
Basically my so called bf was meant to come over tonight but he cancelled on me because he wasn’t feeling too well and he had been in bed all day. So me being a good gf understood him and told him to rest and get better soon.
But guess what one of his mates just wrote a fb status saying “LOOOL josh just passed out after two shots” wtf josh is my bf and he even posted a pic of my bf dead on the floor, I thought he was ill. What the ****, I want to go and finish him right now :angry: : ::::::

Why do guys lie, why couldn't he just tell me the truth! it's not like I would have been angry if he told me the truth :angry: :angry:

So the first sentence was pointless, you didn't and PROBABLY WOULDN'T do it.

Stop "hyping" and get a grip.

So he lied to you, he probably did it not in spite of you, but so he didn't hurt your feelings or because you overreact.
This shows how you fly off the handle, the boy wants to have a good time, he's allowed.

Get a grip, you've either a) forced him to lie or b) are a controlling selfish partner.

Maybe, just maybe the issue lies with your conduct and you may not see it and turn around and become defensive, but perhaps it is you who created the situation in the first place. Or maybe he did it because he thought lying was the lesser of two evils,- however foolish.

His motive of lying could have been with your best thoughts at heart, he didn't want to upset you by making you feel second-best.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
maybe he just wanted some space...?
Reply 3
excuse me I haven't seen him in 2 weeks and had free yard tonight,,,, I am not controlling him, if anything he is more controlling. I just wanted to spend some quality time together :frown:
Reply 4
Poor Josh........only two shots?
Lad :sexface:
Reply 6
Original post by soutioirsim
Lad :sexface:

Not when hes on the floor after only two shots ;D

OP if you were my girlfriend i'd want space from you, jesus.
Reply 7
Original post by Tommyjw

why :frown:
chill out. hardly a big deal.

excuse me I haven't seen him in 2 weeks and had free yard tonight,,,, I am not controlling him, if anything he is more controlling. I just wanted to spend some quality time together :frown:

A "free yard", eh? Can I bring the dog over for a game of catch? :nutcase:
Original post by Tommyjw

Yeah but the fact he's passed out is pretty "laddish" :p:

Stop feeling sorry for yourself,
a) the relationship or b) you have meant he couldn't tell you or didn't want to see you.

Just move forward, and for God sake,- let it go

WORK ON BUILDING TRUST AND ACCEPTANCE, try and make the relationship functional, rather than about anger and NEED.

Just, try and relax, and work on the relationship.

edit; sorry for being so mean, just hate it when people seem so controlling.
I thought he'd done something like cheating.. hmm just talk things through with him and get over it?
Reply 13
why :frown:

its understandable your annoyed.

but perhaps he just wanted some time with the guys, and didn't want to let you down?. Maybe he knows you might get funny if he told you the truth that he wanted to hang with them instead, maybe they suprirsed him and came over unannounced or something

Not saying you should be happy, ye you should be annoyed at him. Just nowhere near a reason to break up or punch a laptop :P
Psycho girl with violent tendencies wonders why boyfriend is avoiding her.
Reply 15
You sound like a controlling gf that doesn't let her bf have any fun

Good on him.
Reply 16
Original post by Tommyjw

The fact that his friends took a pic and posted it to facebook saying "lol only two shots" suggests to me that they over exaggerated the amount he had drunk to make him seem like a light-weight to others on facebook, at-least thats the sort of things my friends would do..... If I had friends :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Maybe because your boring?

Get over yourself.
Speak to him about it. He shouldn't feel the need to keep things from you, but then again you shouldn't be upset if he wants a night out. Its all in a balance of the two. Find out why he decided to lie and work from there.
Reply 19
wtf josh is my bf and he even posted a pic of my bf dead on the floor, I thought he was ill. What the ****

:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending