Consent for what?

School trips
Reply 5
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
Consent for what?

rape.
Reply 6
Reply 7
18. Let people have sex if their under, you can't monitor or prove it most the time. But I'd rather not think about a 45 year old legally being allowed to have sex with a girl who's 14 because she "consented" so he can get away with it.
Reply 8
7 :coma:

(it's a joke btw)

Up to the girl...
I think it's fine as it is. They do need to loosen the penalties for similar aged couples however, eg. a 16 year old having sex with his 15 year old girlfriend. IMO a 16 year old girl having sex with a 25 year old man, although legal is pretty wrong, so making it legal for a 14 year old to do it, even if it is consensual, is a pretty stupid idea. 16 is the age when people start to really grow up and have the ability to make decisions - I'm 16 and all my friends are 16/17, we behave so differently to how we did last year. A 14 year old might think they're mature, I thought I was mature aged 14, they're not. 16 is the right age.
The magical age when kids instantly mature :rolleyes:
Reply 12
I'm not sure that raising/lowering the age of consent would actually change anything...
It's fine how it is.
Reply 14
Teens will always do things before it's legal e.g. sex, drinking etc. so having a legal age of 14 will i believe encourage people to have sex around 11/12 and that's disgusting in my opinion. I think it's much better to have a higher age like 18, since kids will do it anyway, but hopefully slightly older when they are more aware of contraception, diseases etc. and so hopefully prevent a load of 12 year olds walking around pregnant!
Reply 15
Most of the time when it's 12 and upwards it's ''consensual'', but the law says it isn't. Maybe sometimes it's rape because the child doesn't know any better, but a lot of the times it isn't and they know exactly what they are doing, and the law takes away the responsibility from the younger party.

We learn by making mistakes and saying they weren't capable of making such a decision and hold no responsibility benefits no-one, that's what I'm trying to say. What's the kid gonna do ''look i can do this and not get in trouble, just some dickhead thrown in prison YAY!'' there are girls like that, but the law doesn't accept it.

But offering sweets then basically forcing on a 12 year old that would clearly be rape.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by jay.henri
I'm not sure that raising/lowering the age of consent would actually change anything...

Lowering it would be a paedophile's wet dream.
Original post by lukas1051
I think it's fine as it is. They do need to loosen the penalties for similar aged couples however, eg. a 16 year old having sex with his 15 year old girlfriend. IMO a 16 year old girl having sex with a 25 year old man, although legal is pretty wrong, so making it legal for a 14 year old to do it, even if it is consensual, is a pretty stupid idea.

Why is a 16 year old having sex with a 25 year old any worse than a 16 year old having sex with a 15 year old, in your opinion?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by tazarooni89
The magical age when kids instantly mature :rolleyes:

I see your criticism, but isn't it expedient to just set the same age limit for everyone, rather than "when they are mature enough for it", because although the latter seems more logical, I can see it causing far more problems in the legal system. >_>

Latest

Trending

Trending