The Student Room Group

I'm too scared to sleep in my own bed.

Scroll to see replies

What movie is that picture from? Looks good :smile:

But yea I'm sure we have all had that experience of some crazy scary thing happening in our room, just remember that it is all in your mind :smile:
Original post by Young Spade
just remember that it is all in your mind :smile:

Except the monsters.
The monsters are definitely real and will come to get you.
Reply 22
****.. This is scary! :s-smilie:
I hope you get better OP, I think you're probably stressing over things and yeah, I'm sure noone sleeps next to you on your bed for a split second.

JESUS, the thought sounds so ****ed up...

You have a nice dad :smile:
I'm afraid to look behind me now, thanks.

Though, really the only and best thing you could do is sprint around the place turning off all the lights and then dive into your bed and hide under the covers.

However before you do this, make sure you have music playing.

So music --> run like hell --> hide.
Reply 24
This is a really creepy thread. Gosh, why don't you just sleep in your dad's room? Like, if he's got a large bed you could just sleep on one side? That's what I did after my dad made me watch a horror movie. He just kept talking to me till I fell asleep. 'Cept, it sounds as if you're hearing something real, that's why it's so freaky.
Reply 25
Original post by Sangha236
When you're in you bed. Does it sometimes feel like someone is sitting beside your legs? I have had the breathing stuff too. Like whispers too right?

You may wanna stop watching horror films.

Edit:

Best advice is you read a book or do some studying at night. Before you know it you'll be asleep. Your mind will be elsewhere.

Nothing physical, but sometimes I feel like I'm being watched, convinced myself I was being stupid and imagining things though, I'm starting to think otherwise now :s
Reply 26
Original post by a_t
mods must have done it :angry:

Watch The Grudge its from that, it'll put you off showers too

OT if you ever do get freaked out just turn the light on and walk around your room for a bit, works for me...

Spoiler

I didn't get a chance to see the picture, but oh my **** the grudge scares the **** out of me. I didn't even watch the movie, all I saw was that childs face and I got freaked out big time. And I'm usually ok with scary movies..clearly somethings wrong LOL :redface:
Reply 27
I occasionally get a thing called sleep paralysis, its where wake up and you cant move and since your brain still thinks your sleeping u have hallucinations about scary things, just like u had. I usually get aliens at the bottom of my bed, so you got off lightly with a bit of breathing

Might be that, so just keep reminding yourself that it all in your head
Reply 28
Oh and also OP I'd advise exercising a couple of hours before you sleep so you're exhausted and don't dwell on your thoughts too much

Original post by Young Spade
What movie is that picture from? Looks good :smile:

But yea I'm sure we have all had that experience of some crazy scary thing happening in our room, just remember that it is all in your mind :smile:

Its from the grudge

Original post by Livesindreams
I'm afraid to look behind me now, thanks.

Though, really the only and best thing you could do is sprint around the place turning off all the lights and then dive into your bed and hide under the covers.

However before you do this, make sure you have music playing.

So music --> run like hell --> hide.

lololol please click

Spoiler

Original post by loling909
I didn't get a chance to see the picture, but oh my **** the grudge scares the **** out of me. I didn't even watch the movie, all I saw was that childs face and I got freaked out big time. And I'm usually ok with scary movies..clearly somethings wrong LOL :redface:

You click spoiler too kthx
Reply 29
Original post by a_t
Oh and also OP I'd advise exercising a couple of hours before you sleep so you're exhausted and don't dwell on your thoughts too much

Its from the grudge

lololol please click

Spoiler

OH FOR ****S SAKE A_T R U TRYING TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!!

JESUSSSS!!!

I didn't see all of it...jus scrolled down REALLY MEGA SLOWLY and saw some ****ing half white scary ****ing ****ing ****ing face aaahhh ...

I hate you :frown:
Original post by a_t

Its from the grudge

lololol please click

Spoiler

See the picture doesn't scare me.

Spoiler

Mite sound stupid OP but you sure it wasnt you? I know sometimes it can sound like its coming from an external source but could be just your breathing.

Not saying your stupid, cos I have this sometimes, like when walking and you think you hear someones footsteps but its just your own.

Sorry if this sounds stupid :smile:
When I was a kid, I had an experience just like this! Except my Dad told me I was imagining things and told me to go back to sleep.

But then one time, I was just nodding off and I heard the breathing right by my face, really raspy and heavy! I practically wet the bed! But I knew my Dad wouldn't believe me so this time I got my Mum instead, and she said she'd sit with me for a while until I was asleep.

So she left the lamp on and set next to me, and I was falling back to sleep and suddenly this weird raspy groan came from the other side of the room, and we both heard it, and even my mom got scared, and said, 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'. I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror,. f anything I can say that this cab was rare, but I thought 'Nah forget it' - 'Yo homes to Bel Air'. I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo homes smell ya later'. I looked at my kingdom I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air
Reply 33
It sounds like it could be a case of sleep paralysis. Does the breathing occur straight after you've been asleep? Do you find it physically difficult to move when you are experiencing the noise?
Maybe your room is haunted? :dontknow:

My room is haunted back home. Some nights I can feel a strong energy, creeps me out big time. That's why I like being at uni, ha so I have peaceful nights sleep :p:

Sleep with the light or tele on if it makes you feel better. Thats what I do when i'm back home, just sleep with my tele on.
Original post by a_t

Its from the grudge

lololol please click

Spoiler

Ooooo creepy! I'm quaking in my slippers :wink:
Reply 36
Original post by Teveth
It sounds like it could be a case of sleep paralysis. Does the breathing occur straight after you've been asleep? Do you find it physically difficult to move when you are experiencing the noise?

:no:, I Wasn't sleeping or even that tired the second time :frown:
Reply 37
I nod off to sleep listening to music, try that OP have some earphones at the ready and you could go to sleep with something soothing in your ears. Sorry to hear this x
Reply 38
Original post by CookieDoughLove
Maybe your room is haunted? :dontknow:

My room is haunted back home. Some nights I can feel a strong energy, creeps me out big time. That's why I like being at uni, ha so I have peaceful nights sleep :p:

Sleep with the light or tele on if it makes you feel better. Thats what I do when i'm back home, just sleep with my tele on.

You ever watch the ring? I had to get rid of my tv from my room after that, I couldn't sleep in a room with a tv in it for about a year :s-smilie:

I watched that movie when I was like 12, seriously I didn't sleep for a week after that, scared everynight I would see this:

Spoiler

I had the same issue with a film called audition when I was 17 as well :s-smilie:

General advice is if you wanna sleep never watch anything Japanese >_<
Original post by a_t
You ever watch the ring? I had to get rid of my tv from my room after that, I couldn't sleep in a room with a tv in it for about a year :s-smilie:

I watched that movie when I was like 12, seriously I didn't sleep for a week after that, scared everynight I would see this:

Spoiler

I had the same issue with a film called audition when I was 17 as well :s-smilie:

General advice is if you wanna sleep never watch anything Japanese >_<

Aw bless you! Ha, but you were only 12! :smile: I have seen the ring yeah, but I was like 17 I think when I first seen it, so didn't really have an effect on me.

I saw Saw for the first time when I was 13 and that mask creeped the **** out of me! I had to sleep with the light on for like a week :lol: horror films don't really phase me anymore, unless they're about ghosts because obviously I have a haunted room (I think!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending