The Student Room Group

Muslim friend won't talk to me anymore because I have sex

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Inzamam99
Careful you might be slipping into troll territory here- giving a potentially false example of an extremist Muslim from a far off land who just happened to be one your best friends.

I smell bull**** here.

I can't really imagine some beardie weirdie just randomly being friends with a British girl.
Original post by Harrifer
I smell bull**** here.

I can't really imagine some beardie weirdie just randomly being friends with a British girl.

Yeah exactly what I meant.
Original post by Anonymous
I have/had a friend who was very religious, as in he believed you would be punished after death if you had sex before marriage. I think he thought that I thought the same as him (I am not muslim btw). I got a boyfriend, and I stay over his house, and from that he's kind of guessed that I have sex. He told me it was wrong and hasn't spoken to me since because of it. I have emailed him to ask how he is, but I never get a reply.

Ugh what do I do? Shall I just forget it and move on?

Could be jealous. Maybe he liked you?
Reply 43
Careful you might be slipping into troll territory here- giving a potentially false example of an extremist Muslim from a far off land who just happened to be one your best friends.

He studied here for a year or so.
Reply 44
You can't change his beliefs, even if they are crazy.
Forget about him.
I think I should add- this guy is from Saudi Arabia and lives there right now. And he agrees with Sharia law and told me he thinks people should be whipped for having sex without being married, and people being stoned etc.

Trooooooooooooooooll. No way would some jihadi hang out and become best friends with a British girl in a YEARs time and then get pissed that she behaved like a normal teenager. I call BS.

You lyin' :frown:
Reply 46
Original post by Foo.mp3
This is what I thought but apparently he wasn't actually joking! :s-smilie:

Guess he missed the fact that the number of Moslems who think of this kind of thing as abhorrent and allow such clashes of cultural ideology to effect the way they treat people/relate to people is a lot lot higher than just about every governmental body put together (never mind MI5) have the resources to address! :rolleyes: hence the crisis of inter-culturalism in the UK and the subsequent admissions concerning the failure of state multiculturalism

Derp.
Meh, we get alot of trolls on TSR, that make silly topics up about muslims, because they enjoy sitting back and watching people critizise them...
Reply 48
Original post by The Stig
If he can't comprehend that people have different views and not everyone is like him then you're probably better off without him and he can hang out with more suitable friends who share his views.

Perhaps he can. Simply disassociating yourself with people who don't share your views or who, to your mind, engage in immoral activity is not evidence of being unable to grasp that they hold some sort of different moral viewpoint.

You are not a Muslim yourself and it's none of his business what others do with their lives.

Of course it's his business if he is that person's friend. I don't imagine you'd support someone saying "my friend burgles old ladies at the weekend, but that's none of my business and he's still a great friend".
(edited 13 years ago)
As I suspected. Just another thread on TSR intending to go along the Muslim bashing path
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by L i b
Perhaps he can. Simply disassociating yourself with people who don't share your views or who, to your mind, engage in immoral activity is not evidence of being unable to grasp that they hold some sort of different moral viewpoint.

Of course it's his business if he is that person's friend. I don't imagine you'd support someone saying "my friend burgles old ladies at the weekend, but that's none of my business and he's still a great friend".

Surely you must be pragmatic? In your case his/her actions are illegal and harming others. In this they are legal, morally justifiable in this society and personal.
it's pretty obvious this is a troll thread, coupled by the many others that try to bash Islam :rolleyes:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 52
That's a bit extreme of him tbh. I have muslim friends who have had sex and being a Muslim as well I haven't cut off all contact with them :lolwut:

Each to their own I guess.
Reply 53
I think I should add- this guy is from Saudi Arabia and lives there right now. And he agrees with Sharia law and told me he thinks people should be whipped for having sex without being married, and people being stoned etc.

Omg! that's scary...whyy do you even talkkk to himm!!!??
Original post by Uzzy?
That's a bit extreme of him tbh. I have muslim friends who have had sex and being a Muslim as well I haven't cut off all contact with them :lolwut:

Each to their own I guess.

You mean to say, sex outside the marriage?
Reply 55
Original post by Ferrero Rocher
You mean to say, sex outside the marriage?

Oh right yeh sorry, sex outside marriage.
Ahhhh, the silly moron.
Reply 57
Im sorry to say, but this is lol
??????
???????
???????
If she/he ditches you as a friend because you decided to have sex she/he is not a very good friend.
I am from bangladesh and its a muslim country and from what i have seen here its very natural for boys or girls to behave like that here. its just that our religion and the culture we grow up in, its unacceptable to us nomatter what you do. so i guess there is nothing to do but to move forward. if you two were good friends i think he misses you as much you miss him.

TROLL

You guys are soo gullible. I wish i were selling you double glazing :giggle:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending