The Student Room Group

Girls only: Tall guys, extra tall, normal or short?

Scroll to see replies

6 foot here, and it'd be sexy as hell if I found a woman near that height, or 5'11 or so. Tall girls = sexy.
Original post by Anonymous
Tall. I'm 5'9 and a bit so it figures. Where I'm from the average male height is 6'1, it is a culture shock seeing so many guys who I can look in the eye in England.

You are really annoying and repetitive. Aren't you that guy who harasses people about not being desired on the Cosmo forums? On the ban list?

Your own words. :wink2:

Wow, insulting someone online, while posting "anonymously". How brave.
Reply 22
Original post by SteveCrain
from do exactly do you feel threatened?

I live in Longsight. So after 10pm, generally everyone :tongue:
Yay, ANOTHER thread which will prove the already known trend that women prefer tall men.

This was really necessary.
Reply 24
I'm not too bothered... I'm only 5ft4 though so most guys are taller than me anyways, perfect height would be a guy that is taller than me when i'm in heels and one that i have to go up on my tip toes to kiss :smile:
Original post by Djordje
Dark hair, huge shoulders and 1.95 metres - your judgement? :smile:

How much do you weigh out of interest?
Original post by Jonty99
Wow, insulting someone online, while posting "anonymously". How brave.

Good for you. Except I would rather not have my personal information stored in my post history for all to see. I've mentioned my height, my name, my nationality, personal circumstances etc all under anonymous before. I have no qualms with insulting people under my username as I regularly do. The mods who can see beyond Anonymous know that already.

And it's that pathetic guy who always moans and moans and moans about being unloved. He must be the most hated person on this sub-forum and Cosmo.
Reply 27
Original post by Anonymous
Yay, ANOTHER thread which will prove the already known trend that women prefer tall men.

This was really necessary.

Spot on. This thread is yet another ego-boost for tall men and a violent kick to short men's balls.
'Girls only'? Do I still get a say in this thread if I'm a hermaphrodite?
Reply 29
I'm short, so cant go for really tall guys or short guys (without looking like a pair of little kids) XD medium height guys are perfect :]
What about an option for any height/I don't care?
Reply 31
Im 6ft4, and I'm not too bothered about a girl's height, 5ft - 6ft is fine
Reply 32
Original post by Nucleolus
'Girls only'? Do I still get a say in this thread if I'm a hermaphrodite?

If you like guys, then yes :wink:
I don't mind cos I am short.

People who clicked 'tall' don't like 'normal' ... ==?

Anyone taller than me would do, not too tall of course. :smile:
Reply 34
I said 'normal' despite the fact I'm pretty tall myself. I don't actually like guys being that much taller than me - an inch or two taller I like the most! I guess around 5'10 is about normal anyway.
All these height threads on TSR...I reckon you can simplify the answer

1. Girls prefer taller guys but its not a deal breaker.
2. Girls 'ideal' height preference in guys is probably somewhere 6ft-6ft 3. 6ft has psychological connotations of being the barrier at which 'tall' starts.
3. Posture is very very important ie you get a lot of submissive beta male type guys who are over 6ft but slouch a bit and project bad body language, which negates their height. If you get a guy who is over 6ft and stands tall then it gives him a commanding physical presence. There's a Uruguayan guy at our work who is quite slim build and probably about 6ft 1 but he stands tall and walks with a certain assurance and it gives him a commanding air even though he's not built like a tank.
4. Once you get over 6ft 4 it usually looks awkward and lanky BUT when you get a guy who is tall who is also an athlete (eg plays rugby/rows etc) then that looks the best of all. Taller guys who go to the gym look great, when you get 5ft 8 gym rats they always look a bit Popeye and walk with a funny waddle, when you get a 6ft 6 gym rat they just look lean and ripped.
5. Being tall as in over 6ft 4 brings its own problems though in terms of fashion, ie you have to get stuff specially tailored, and it limits options for dress sense.
Reply 36
Original post by MagicNMedicine
1. Girls prefer taller guys but its not a deal breaker.

:facepalm:
I'm 6,5ft, 18st, and my gf is about 5,10ft, anything below 5,5ft would just feel a bit awkward...
Reply 38
I'm tall anyway, so would go for a guy about 6ft or taller. I find it weird when the girl is taller than the guy, not sure why.
6'3 is perfect.

Lol I'm 5'10, dating someone below 5'11 at least just looks weird. I'm the same heigh as my dad.. :nothing:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending