The Student Room Group

How to not be a prick to a girl I like

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by navarre
Yeh, I think I did offend her today. her mum's back in Afghanistan (where she comes from, not the safest place), and I called a big fat bald man I'd filmed on the train 'your mum', so I think she took it the wrong way.

She's never on FB.

We get on really well in texting though

Maybe she was more concerned about the fact you were filming random men on the train?
Original post by navarre
OK, so there's this girl I think I kinda fancy. She's hilarious, but whenever I talk to her I'm always a prick, either smiling or laughing at her, or taking the piss. I need to say some funny stuff to impress her. Any ideas oon funny stuff, or how to stop being an idiot?

Maybe your 'acting like an idiot'/being funny around her cause your nervous? If I were you I would just chill it down a level. You don't have to be funny with her ALL THE TIME. Yes girls like funny but we'd like to have a normal conversation too.
Reply 22
dont be so apologetic that you look like a complete weed or she'll laugh at you and walk all over you. apologise but dont stop joking with her :L just think i bit more carefully if you're scared of offending her :L if shes laughing at you back then you've got nothing to worry about. its a pretty good sign if you can make her laugh. and properly laugh not fake laugh. :smile:
guys like you do my head in act like a **** around a girl and secretly like them. just be normal. she probably thinks you cant stand her.
Be serious from time to time.
I hate it when my boyfriend is doing nothing but being all jokes and teasing and won't listen to me seriously.
Reply 25
Original post by miss_sporty
guys like you do my head in act like a **** around a girl and secretly like them. just be normal. she probably thinks you cant stand her.

i think everyone is like that though, i mean take the piss but secretly like the girl/boy
Reply 26
leave primary school.
Reply 27
Original post by rogreg8
leave primary school.

Don't work in a primary school
Reply 28
Haha, spent the whole day fighting with her (she pushed me and hit me quite a bit!), it's 'banter'. Then she tried not speaking to me, but she couldn't help it. She is always texting and calling me, I think she fancies me, too...

I think I could 'really like' a girl. I've never really liked a girl before. Before it's only been lust.
Original post by SpySapper
Not same person (lol would be slightly funny if it was) but same here...

- subscribes to thread :smile:

I know your secret! :O
This is why we should never tell anyone we got account on TSR!!!
Reply 30
dampen a cloth with chloroform and get her to smell it. that will get her attention after 4-8 hours
Reply 31
Original post by street.lovin'
I know your secret! :O
This is why we should never tell anyone we got account on TSR!!!

Dang I has been rumbled :P
Original post by SpySapper
Dang I has been rumbled :P

I will spread the news tomorrow!
Reply 33
Original post by street.lovin'
I will spread the news tomorrow!

Oh dearz :O :P
Reply 34
Original post by navarre
No but I'm CONSTANTLY smiling, I can never take her seriously- or when I try to, I just end up smiling. It's damn annoying

awww
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
I'd start off by dragging her aside or getting her on FB chat or something, and telling her you feel like you've taken your jokes a bit too far and you're reeeeeeeeeeeealllllly sorry if you've offended her with anything you've said. Gauge where you go next from her reaction to that, but try and move the conversation smoothly around going for a drink sometime, so you can prove that you're not really an arse.

If you do this she will never ever have sex with you.
Original post by imperial maniac
If you do this she will never ever have sex with you.

Dunno what type of idiot girls youve been banging, but it works for me :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending